Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Art11a
joined Feb 3, 2013

totally in love with yurine. that expression when she challenged ayaka and then when she's estatic when ayaka challenged her back, priceless

4og3pf8
joined Jan 27, 2012

So this is the yuri version of Kare Kano?

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Plot seems a little cliche, but I'm loving the art and the characters, so I'm pretty excited to see how this'll turn out. Plus side-character chapters are always a yesssss in my book!

Kaonashi%20-gssg
joined Apr 1, 2013

Yeeeees I'm gonna like this one ! 2 chapters and I'm already in ^0^

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I am really not into the loud non-comedy stuff, so tiresome to read this one.

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

This is too cute... I love how she just wraps Ayaka around her finger so easily and Ayaka turns on tsundere mode. xD

joined Feb 23, 2013

Yes! I can't get enough of this high quality stuff.

White_mage
joined Feb 28, 2013

So this is the yuri version of Kare Kano?

...that's actually a pretty good description. Either way, I'm loving this series so far, and I need more of it in my life.

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

Dat neck bite though. That was so hot my face grinned pervertedly in front of a bunch of people in the study room.

White_mage
joined Feb 28, 2013

Dat neck bite though. That was so hot my face grinned pervertedly in front of a bunch of people in the study room.

I know right?

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Art is nice, plot is decent, characters are likeable.

I hope it doesn't get cancelled or anything.

joined Jul 8, 2013

Between this manga, "Comprehensive Tovarisch", "Flower and Star", and pretty much every single Shoujo Romance I've ever read but with a special mention for "Kaichou wa Maid Sama" for also starting us off with a hyper-competent heroine before putting her up against a love interest who is effortlessly better than everyone at everything everyday always forever I'm seriously starting to wonder if Japanese* Writers all have some horrible allergic reaction to writing couples who are actually, like, y'know, balanced against each other in terms of their abilities; couples where one member is not effortlessly better than the other at everything.

Seriously the only Manga I can think of off the top of my head in the Romance Genre that actually has a balanced pair is probably "Koi Dano Ai Dano"** because Kanoko and Tsubaki are both awesome and takes precisely 0% of anyone's shit. At least in "Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun" Shizuku had her cool-headedness and common sense going for her compared to Haru's off the wall weirdness, but in this one the effortless genius is still the more calm and collected one of the pair.

*This is hardly limited to Japanese Writers don't get me wrong but it seems especially common to me.
**Seriously this is my current favorite manga partly because everyone has something going for them, some legitimate skill that warrants their inclusion in the story or hidden character depths. Even the Ditzy Blond from the prequel has wizened up and displayed her own talents and character beyond "Blond and Cute".

Michiava1
joined Nov 4, 2014

That Backfire at the end!
It’s cute how Shiranime’s plans always fails and how it affect her.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

That Backfire at the end!
It’s cute how Shiranime’s plans always fails and how it affect her.

You just knew beforehand that something was not going to go with Shiramine's plan. xD

Chibi_blademan
joined Jul 23, 2013

Am I the only one that's not enjoying this, so far (Chapter 2)? Kurosawa is such a Mary Sue that it urks me. But, I heard there are side couples, so I want to know more about them before I decide whether I really like it or not.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Am I the only one that's not enjoying this, so far (Chapter 2)? Kurosawa is such a Mary Sue that it urks me. But, I heard there are side couples, so I want to know more about them before I decide whether I really like it or not.

We are on the same boat. Seen this tropes too many times and I am bored of it (also feels a lot like B.G.M.R.S.P.), I can usually handle it when there is good comedy (e.g. Comprehensive Tovarisch).

I am only here for side-couples... Does not seem to be much of em, disappointing so far.

Witch
joined Feb 24, 2013

We are on the same boat. Seen this tropes too many times and I am bored of it (also feels a lot like B.G.M.R.S.P.), I can usually handle it when there is good comedy (e.g. Comprehensive Tovarisch).

I am only here for side-couples... Does not seem to be much of em, disappointing so far.

Hear, hear.

The lazy, manipulator, air-head genius girl is crap. Seriously, go to university, work in real life child, let's see.
Sorry but you irk me. The long dark-haired protagonist deserves someone better.

Michiava1
joined Nov 4, 2014

Your wish is on the verge of becoming real, starting as soon as the next chapter.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Your wish is on the verge of becoming real, starting as soon as the next chapter.

Nice, good to hear :)

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh man... I love yuri! And She bite her... Something that I wanted to do for so long ... Things can only get better :D

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

as i said i really like this despite the cliche

Kumo2
joined Feb 18, 2014

LOL! That's cute ^^

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Well, she is boringly hyper-competent, but she also seems pretty arrogant/selfish/inconsiderate and is portrayed as such, so I wouldn't say Mary Sue. More like a literary cliche, which I don't necessarily mind as much.

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

Man, I love this! <3 them kisses!

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

This is very interesting. The plot of the hard working girl in tsun love with the embodiment of perfection is one of the most common scenarios in Shoujo manga (the other one being the naive girl in love with the most abusive guy in the cast). But since this is a yuri manga then the rest of the cast probably doesn't consist of guys trying to rape the hard working girl only to be saved by the genius at the end, so I might actually be able to enjoy this kind of stories for once.

Looking forward for more chapters.

last edited at Nov 4, 2014 9:46PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.