Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

One of my favorite ongoing series is finally here (Thanks Kawaii!)! The side couple chapters are the best.

For anyone curious, this runs in Comic Alive, home of Miss Sunflower, Non Non Biyori, Boku wa Tomodachi ga Sukunai, etc. In other words, this is the "mainstream yuri" everybody here likes talking about.

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

This is pretty good. I cant wait to read more :)

joined Jan 30, 2013

"mainstream yuri"

The plot seems pretty familiar.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

i liked this, bit cliché but good.

Screenshot_20220712-194055_tachiyomi%20(1)
joined Jun 22, 2013

"mainstream yuri"

The plot seems pretty familiar.

Reminds you of this somewhat http://dynasty-scans.com/series/comprehensive_tovarisch

Images_(2)
joined Feb 10, 2013

..another yuri romance...i miss this kind of yuri, i won't take my eyes off you...(>o<)/

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

For some reason, the style reminded me of Kigi Tatsumi. Is it the noses and the hair, I wonder?
Hmmmm... same starting point as Comprehensive Tovarisch (hard-working perfectionist vs lazy "genius" without common sense), but everything else is different. Although I feel that it's the circumstances that are different, but deep down their characters will turn out pretty similar. They just seem to have more walls built around their real personalities.

Also, did you notice reverse color theme?

last edited at Oct 21, 2014 2:41PM

Kokkurisanicon
joined Apr 8, 2013

That was awesome... a yuri couple thats also rivals.

037666d0886c5e1b0044d756797cfc2e
joined May 15, 2014

Seems good so far! and its certainly off to a good start, I certainly am enjoying the art style. I really can#t wait to see more!

Dynasty02
joined May 25, 2013

Me likes.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Reminds you of this somewhat http://dynasty-scans.com/series/comprehensive_tovarisch

Yea, I cannot stop thinking that with every page. xD

Phpfafi7e_c2am
joined Jan 29, 2014

Well it is a pretty common theme in anime and manga "studious student frustrated at the lazy genius" they even said "is this a manga?" in it, but I am liking the characters so far and a kiss in the first chapter (that wasn't a accident, played off as something else or a misunderstanding) is good :)
Looking forward to more

chocolatetacobell
joined Mar 26, 2014

For some reason, the style reminded me of Kigi Tatsumi. Is it the noses and the hair, I same wonder?

Yea, I totally agree with you. The art style totally reminds me Kigi Tatsumi. Especially when I saw that one character with the short black hair from the track team. It reminded me Tatsumi's character from "Unbalance".

joined Feb 23, 2013

Loved both the art and the story. Definitely keeping an eye or three on this one.

Motoko.edited.1
joined May 2, 2014

well i think that pretty much every story that will ever be told has already been told at one point in time, it just depends on how good you do it ;)

but i like this and plan to follow it, thanks Kawaii ^_^

Ihaveseenthelight
joined May 28, 2013

"It's like, 'Oh, a flower."

Literally made me lol.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

School girls with stupid unrealistic imaginary problems? Oh, I missed that.
Though it looks like it's going to be good series.

Ghost in the Shell
Gits_avatar_klein
joined Jul 30, 2013

Just for the record: That mother's pretty heartless... Considering that the girl is still surprisingly okay in regards to her competitive nature. She flipped a bit once, but immediately apologized. Seems like a resilient child.

%d0%a1%d0%bd%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%be%d0%ba
joined Nov 10, 2013

Just for the record: That mother's pretty heartless...

Maybe it is, but, in my experience, this works great for making your child study hard. My parents were strict like this and I think it was for better.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

Just for the record: That mother's pretty heartless...

Maybe it is, but, in my experience, this works great for making your child study hard. My parents were strict like this and I think it was for better.

Being strict to make sure you don't slack off and pay attention to prove yourself is one thing. Instilling a perfection complex that tells you you're a failure if you aren't the best is another.

It's striving for perfection that makes people great, not actually achieving it.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

And to everyone calling this a cliche start...well for one cliche never has and never will be a legitimate criticism for multiple reasons but two:

We're one chapter in. I like the background we've gotten so far and am excited to see where it take us from here

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Question- what is mainstream yuri?

joined Jan 30, 2013

Mainstream Yuri: (Lighthearted) romance between high school girls. Often a bit of (fake) drama, a bit of comedy. Tends to be unremarkable yet will inexplicably earn lots of positive comments ("So cute!"). The most famous ones are Girl Friends and Citrus with the former being infinitely better.

edit: No don't take this too seriously.

last edited at Oct 21, 2014 5:47PM

joined Apr 6, 2013

So judging from the accompanying pics we have three Yuri couples. This will be a fun new series to read.

joined Apr 13, 2012

yeah i sensed Comprehensive Tovarisch here... and a little of my dear Notes From the Garden of Lilies, i think that's comparable to the situation surrounding Yurine (oh, "Yuri" characters make my heart race <3).

Loving the MC, btw.

To reply you must either login or sign up.