Forum › Anime season

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I guess that I will be checking Sora no Method, if Hylarn says that turned pretty well.

It turned out great. It's gonna be like lesbian Anohana, I can already feel it.

My immediate reaction was "yuri Kanon", but that's a fair comparison

Something good I haven't seen brought up here is Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis. Great animation, clever action sequences, and probably the funniest show of the season. Not yuri at all, though

joined Mar 23, 2013

Something good I haven't seen brought up here is Shingeki no Bahamut Genesis. Great animation, clever action sequences, and probably the funniest show of the season. Not yuri at all, though

Love the animation and the battle sequences as well, but nothing really happened. I need more meat until I can say I like it.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

So, the main girls in Shirobako definitely look to at least be shippable with each other. Most of it is anime edutainment, though

The twintails show is crap

Now we wait a week for Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru to air

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Only a few got me with the first episodes, mostly going for comedy:

Danna ga Nani wo Itteiru ka Wakaranai
Denki-gai no Honya-san (Freaking lovin this one!)
Gugure! Kokkuri-san (Its like Barakamon never ended)

Other than that I gave Parasite a shot, can't say it got my attention but I thought the soundtrack was awesome.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

There's definitively something wrong with G-Reco, i can't make any sense of episode 3

joined Mar 23, 2013

There's definitively something wrong with G-Reco, i can't make any sense of episode 3

Tomino making sense? Oh boy...

Anyhow, I'm not sure but it feels like the grey haired research division guy is counting on Bellri to unlock the secrets of this whole thing. Highlight of the episode was that leopard(?) getting winded, 10/10 just for that.

I also watched Psycho-Pass S2 Ep1, stupid new girl is Gino 2V.0 "enforcers are not people hurr durr!"
Death, when?

last edited at Oct 10, 2014 2:36PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Anyhow, I'm not sure but it feels like the grey haired research division guy is counting on Bellri to unlock the secrets of this whole thing.

Maybe, that's still no reason why two and a half people in the cockpit didn't kick the crap out of that chick out of the G-Self though

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

I can tell you what happened, but not what the characters are thinking. This has been a problem for a while, though

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

This has been a problem for a while, though

Indeed, but at least the previous ones had more stuff going on, this one however was entirely focused on the characters and... I dunno man

joined Mar 23, 2013

Have a hunch she's going to end up as a villain

She can't be a villain if she follows the system like a good girl! Anyhow, I highly doubt it. Maybe being used THE villain of this season, but she's not really that smart to be anything else than fodder.

last edited at Oct 10, 2014 9:57PM

Tumblr_nsb2wsngkl1t0bs5do3_250
joined Jul 2, 2013

The second episode of Selector Spread WIXOSS. Yuri is off the chart. Aki-lovely is definitely being manipulated though.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

The second episode of Selector Spread WIXOSS. Yuri is off the chart. Aki-lovely is definitely being manipulated though.

By "off the chart" you mean "canon", right? Ulith is definitely using Akira, but I think her feelings are genuine. She's going to way too much trouble for it to be otherwise

Konami
joined Jan 18, 2014

I just watched the first episode of girlfriend (Kari). I was very skeptical of this thinking that it would be another stupid harem anime but I was suprised to find out there were no guys in it at all(except for background characters). There was even a good amount of yuri subtext in it so I am loving it so far.

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 6:22AM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

It was kind of amusing how the adaptation managed to remove all meaning from the title

It's... decent? It's definitely trying to showcase the girls in the original game, and there's over a hundred of them, resulting in lots of scenes that do nothing but give a minor character or two some lines. Animation quality isn't great. To it's credit, it has a pleasant atmosphere and lots of girls flirting with each other

...I'm probably going to watch the whole thing

joined Jul 2, 2013

Watched Parasyte while eating pizza. Hoo...boy. Was a pretty good first episode though. Doesn't have Terra Formars level of censorship considering the show, which is always nice.

Wolf Girl and Black Prince was painful to watch. Dropping.

Akatsuki no Yona looked alright. I'm not very fond of Saito Chiwa's moe voice and the ending was kind of predictable. Also will need a little more time getting used to their chibified comedic scenes. Honestly would have preferred a more serious love story with none of that chibi faces, but I'll take it. Gotta say the opening track was amazing though. I'm a sucker for traditional type Asian sounds and that definitely got me.

The im@s movie was fun as always. Really nice seeing 765PRO again. Didn't pay much attention to the drama half, but the slice of life was very enjoyable. The trailer for Nemuri Hime movie was especially yuri-tastic. It always baffles me how an idol show manages to have better action sequences than some actual action oriented series.

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Gugure! Kokkuri-san (Its like Barakamon never ended)

loli in reverse harem like..loved it.
yuri route please ftw!

last edited at Oct 13, 2014 2:39PM

joined Dec 16, 2013

why G-reco mc soo damn annoying! unbearable to watch...

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm done
I'm fucking done
There's no reason for living anymore, for everything i ever hopped for has been fulfilled
My favorite Gundam is in a good show! And the staff already knows it's so perfect that didn't even need a customization!
Now i can hope for a HG re-release of the guy, still haven't bought him since his HG is primitive as all hell and buying a RG in Brazil is hella expensive

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

It always baffles me how an idol show manages to have better action sequences than some actual action oriented series.

Budget. Idol shows normally make some good money and get a higher budget.

joined Jul 2, 2013

That's not it though. For instance, Akuma no Riddle had pretty decent budget, but the fights are exaggerated and movements aren't very natural. Things are breaking as they fight, but I can't really feel the impact.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That's not it though. For instance, Akuma no Riddle had pretty decent budget, but the fights are exaggerated and movements aren't very natural. Things are breaking as they fight, but I can't really feel the impact.

You'd be surprised how much influence the direction or even storyboard has over those things, there's a lot of really smooth action scenes around thanks to high budget, but i'd pick something animated by Umakoshi or directed by Shigeyasu Yamauchi any day Or you know, both! Thank you Casshern Sins

last edited at Oct 15, 2014 9:48PM

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

And with Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru having aired, we're at the end of the beginning of the season. And it's pretty good! Cool action sequences, good music, Tougou and Yuuna are totally gay for each other...

joined Nov 11, 2010

Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de aru

Saviour of the season has aired. A double-episode special too, what a treat. Thank you Studio Gokumi.

Spoilered impressions 'cause people should definitely watch the first episode first:
I was hyped in the first place, so obviously I thought it was great. As an original work, though, I'm hoping that the series manages to toe the line of realistic tension/struggle like Madoka did without going overboard with the darkness like some of its imitators. At this point I feel like character death would be just for the shock value (the main cast are actually all, hooray, sympathetic and likeable characters; frankly I prefer it that way), so I'd lose a lot of respect for the show if it actually went that route; however, I do hope it manages to keep the tension up in some other manner. Will definitely be interesting to see how the story progresses.

Incidentally I'm still also waiting on the start of the second cours of Mushishi S2, which also promises to be awesome, but yeah I feel like the season has finally started.

last edited at Oct 17, 2014 5:52AM

joined Dec 16, 2013

i'm smelling twincest in sora no method......probably not..

joined Jul 2, 2013

e: Also apparently the internet has decided that she has a crush on Yayoi? I keep my yuri goggles turned up to max at all times but I don't get it.

I'm a part of that internet. Well see, we've seen her pushed down by Yayoi twice already. Coupled with her blushing when Yayoi spoke up to her. Add it all together and the internet says she's got a yuri crush going on.

i'm smelling twincest in sora no method......probably not..

As of right now, I'm only getting the really close sibling love that somehow diminished (from the brother's side) when the saucer appeared. I say diminish, but I have a feeling that's only how she perceive it.

last edited at Oct 24, 2014 6:48AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.