Forum › im searching of great yuri..any recommendation?

joined Oct 7, 2014

guyz

currently ive beeen searching for great yuri. i prefer the type with simple yet heartwarming romance story, realistic plot with some mature content ;)
im trying hard to avoid the one with sci-fi, horror, animal ear, magical or something like that. im not really fond to any of these genre.

for me, i really LOVE (not just like) but LOVE the kind of story like prism, stretching, octave, hanjuku shoji..those type i most prefer so far... Is there any manga yuri that has same vibe like those above? Please let me know...

i read citrus and girlfriend due to its good recommendation..it is ok but not really my type.
citrus is way to angst for me and girl friends has so many unnecessary plot that doesnt really helping the main character relationship.

please anyone..if you got any suggestion about what im searching for, please let me know.
TQ

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You might give Gokujo Drops by Hajime Mikuni a shot, it's heavier on the comedy but at its heart the two leads really love each other. The second volume especially highlights this, and the last chapter of that is my favourite in the whole series.

Ebisu-san and Hotei-san is a personal favourite, although things are relatively subtle. You do know the lead couples' feelings and it's definitely yuri, but there's not much hand-holding or kissing to speak of, or saying "love" out loud.

If you do like a light touch, you might give Chatting At the Amber Teahouse a try. Again, it's very subtle about the relationship, but like the previous suggestion it's quite clear they love each other. Pacing can be a little odd though.

Hmm...maybe Green? It's fairly short, but it's a nice concise love story with pretty good art.

joined Jan 30, 2013

Nezchan, how could you not mention Pieta?

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

I'm...not sure if Pieta can be called "romance", really.
Though it's great, it's different.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I adore Pieta, it's one of my absolute favourites. But I'm not so sure it's a "simple, heartwarming romance" as the OP requested. Certainly not simple, and in a lot of ways it defies romance too.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I wish I could recommend First Love Sisters, but the first volume isn't here due to being licensed (but apparently out of print?). If you can find the first chapters elsewhere, the whole thing is worth a read though.

300129l_-_kopie
joined Jul 27, 2013

No "Husky and Medley" mentioned?

joined Jan 30, 2013

I adore Pieta, it's one of my absolute favourites. But I'm not so sure it's a "simple, heartwarming romance" as the OP requested. Certainly not simple, and in a lot of ways it defies romance too.

Well the OP was asking for great yuri and even though it's neither simple nor heartwarming, it's about as great as it gets.

edit: also if the OP loved Octave they should definitely read Pieta too. We really need more sophisticated Manga, a lot of it just doesn't leave an impression...

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 12:40PM

joined Oct 7, 2014

oh you quyz,
this is unexpected..you are all so quick to respond, im surprised and of course im GLAADDD..Thank you..
as i got all these recommendation from all of you guys,
Gokujo Drops,
Ebisu-san and Hotei-san
Chatting At the Amber Teahouse
Green
Pieta
Collectors-
The Flower and the Star
First Love Sisters
Aqua Blue Cinema
Husky and Medley
i surely and definitely will have to try it all..again..thank you so much..

as im reading my first post, maybe i doesnt imply my preference very well that made some of you getting confuse of what im really looking for..
frankly the one i really need is the sophisticated manga (@ alletto: bulls eye! you are right)..which i had consider the one with proper character and story development..simple and heartwarming plot..main lead with their feeling must obviously head over heels or madly in love with each other..also i prefer if the art is more realistic (example maka-maka, prism..) and doesnt look so "mangaish" (if you know what i mean). :)
as to add, i dont mind if it has pseudo-incest in its element but i hate incest element..because i think its morally wrong..also i cant stand too much angst because i get easily depressed...and please do not recommend one-shot or fantasy or het or anything weird like that..i just cant stand all those genre..

p/s*just currently i download strawberry shake sweet (i pick it base on anonymous recommendation) and not satisfy with it at all..it has pretty but uncool lead character, crowdy background and the feeling development got soo much interfere from surrounding character...the story is just getting drag and messy...it is so disappointing when i really want is to read a proper and nice story development manga..instead this manga get me dizzy in just a few pages from reading it :(

thank you guys for your recommendation. as i browse some of it , there are some potential that i might come to like..i really welcome any recommendation or suggestion from you all guys because i want continuously read a good manga..

last edited at Oct 7, 2014 11:17PM

joined Oct 7, 2014

just to update

since there are so many pieta mention here i have to admit i must try and so i do..along side with collectors & ebisu,hotei san..
to be honest here is my opinion:
pieta-as nezchan say pieta is not im looking for currently..the theme is too heavy for me ..although i believe this story must be great if i continue reading towards the ends but there are so many depressing flash back monologue that i cant stand yet. mayb im not mature enough to accept this kind of genre?
collector-it capture my interest at the beginning but i start losing it through pages..it just so many third person point of view and the conversation is mostlt about books and clothing..i might be continue reading it but maybe 1 chap per day since i download everything already
ebisu-hotei san-this so far close what im looking for but where is the declaration of love?
Thank you for all your suggestion.
please do tell if you got more suggestion.

%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013
Untitled-1
joined Jun 19, 2013

From Aiu Station On The Hiragana Line
I'll Send Her Home On The Last Train (sequel)

Graffiti

I would like to mention more, but a lot of them either have a few heavy themes that occur, short, or simply lack much realism.

last edited at Oct 8, 2014 10:14AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh, if you're going to recomment Raubritter, then Cirque Arachne is a natural, and in my eyes at least the better series.

New
joined Feb 1, 2013

Thanks Nezchan! I was going to post Cirque Arachne and you beat me to it.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Wife an' wife ! Wife an' wife ! Wife an' wife !

Afueee
joined Apr 5, 2013

Wife and Wife? I started reading it recently, and it's so cute and heartwarming and funny.

And Cross Hearts, it's one of my favorites of all time. I just love that manga!!

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Wife and Wife is 180 proof flirting, be sure not to drive or operate heavy machinery afterwards.

The Miko's Words and the Witch's Incantations is a lot of fun, although like Miyabi's other stuff there's not many direct statements of love or kisses. I think Miyabi's just kind of bad at drawing lips so she avoids it.

I'll also second roxy89's recommendation of Pure Water Adolescence, it's wonderful. The Lovesick Over My Best Friend one-shot that goes with the collection is also great.

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Then Nishi Uko's stuff is way to go..
and Morishima Akiko's for its cute art..
also, try Clover, a nice one..

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

something light : Shoujo_holic
good tastes anyway, prism and octave don't have a lot of fans

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Kisses, Sighs, and Cherry Blossoms Pink is a good one, read it for Hitomi and Nana.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

something light : Shoujo_holic
good tastes anyway, prism and octave don't have a lot of fans

Really? I thought a lot of people liked Prism, especially to go by how many were upset it was cancelled, and jumped right on Stretch because it was the same artist. It's also a good read because despite the cancellation, it ends at a relatively good spot

joined Oct 7, 2014

thank you all
i take up some of your suggestion in to mind ;)

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Always odd to find this type of questions let's see...No Candy Boy(and the spin off)?, Poor Poor lips, Sisterism(for the fun), Shoujo holic, Anything with the Nanoha x Fate or Eila x Sanya tag. Seriously you're better off slowly searching through all the yuri of the site.

To reply you must either login or sign up.