Forum › Qualia the Purple discussion

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Has this manga finished or is there more to go?

joined May 17, 2013

So like......wtf happened to saving marii......?

I'm going to guess the end of this manga and say that she'll reset it before all of this happens and through a series of events, Marii lives and everyone lives happily ever after.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

So like......wtf happened to saving marii......?

I'm going to guess the end of this manga and say that she'll reset it before all of this happens and through a series of events, Marii lives and everyone lives happily ever after.

she's already tried resetting to before anything happened and yukari still dies. resetting wont do anything because yukari's death is, according to gaku, determined by humanity's observations. gaku is opening the box the cat is in, but humanity is opening the box that gaku is in.

which is why gaku is trying to find something that lets her be the one that opens the box humanity is in, giving her the ability to override humanity's observation and save yukari.

%e5%ad%90%e5%8d%9a%e9%ba%97%e9%9c%8a%e6%b5%81
joined Sep 14, 2014

My guess: The reason Manabu cannot stop Yukari's death is because she herself is the irregularity caused because of her approaching of Yukari in the first place. The Nanami in the beginning that tells her to, "stay away from Yukari/you don't understand anything", -is- Manabu. If she doesn't get close to Yukari, she's never hurt, never "repaired", and Yukari is no longer the cause of creating the irregularity Manabu becomes, and there is no need for Yukari to die.

One could argue that Manabu disproves this by completely altering the past, yet still having the "cell phone", but she is still tied to Yukari. Calling it "fate" or "destiny" sounds lame, but think of those as the universe's "paradox prevention/correction systems". The two of them cannot exist "together". Manabu has to decide the path herself to not become involved with Yukari, only then will Yukari not have to die. And then "Super Kami Gaku" wont happen, and everything will be at peace. (Unless the Alice that was "saved" during Mahou Shoujo time ends up breaking reality somehow. You saw those eyes. Never leave loose ends.)

Just my speculation. It probably wont end so "simply", instead having the universe blow up, or reality unwind, or something.

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Has this manga finished or is there more to go?

There are 18 chapters. Chapter 16 isn't fully translated. So 2.5 to go.

There are also 4 extras, two of which are translated. Not sure if anyone is going to typeset them. They are pretty funny.

Okay, that's good to know.

joined Mar 23, 2013

also, this is totally a year and 15 chapters too late, but the Marii Yukari character reminded me a bit of Michael Weiss's charactrer Jarrod in the tv series The Pretender.

Was an interesting series, but like previous poster I agree that it was sort of on the week side when it came to science. I guess it's from different time, nowadays a lot of writers team up with advisers that are expert in the field. Kind of like a lot of mangaka have a doctor on speed dial for his medical manga etc...

Since knowledge is so easily available online nowadays they are kind of forced to be better, because anyone can google the particular thing happening in an episode and realize it's way off. It forces the industry to have higher standard, and that's always a good thing for us the customers!

As for Michael Weiss, the character I will remember him by is really not a lot of lines, but I've spent hours of my life hearing them...

"Done"
"Alright"
"I'm gone"
"Locked!"
"Failed"

Tumblr_inline_nhe8a3uf1f1qd2lvk
joined Aug 15, 2014

I literally said WTF after this chapter... Why the fruck is this manga so underrated???? It's so amazing it deserves more!!! The theories were really explained thoroughly and this would totally make you think hard, what's more to ask?

Uggh, I'm just so irritated over the fact that a manga as great as this is so underrated!!!!

Anyways, I really liked Alice and Manabu's relationship :) I think it's sweet and cute and purely genuine

Can't wait for the next chapter

joined Mar 23, 2013

I literally said WTF after this chapter... Why the fruck is this manga so underrated???? It's so amazing it deserves more!!! The theories were really explained thoroughly and this would totally make you think hard, what's more to ask?

Uggh, I'm just so irritated over the fact that a manga as great as this is so underrated!!!!

Anyways, I really liked Alice and Manabu's relationship :) I think it's sweet and cute and purely genuine

Can't wait for the next chapter

It's not underrated at all, simply it's not simple entertainment so a lot of people just end up dropping it because you might actually have to stop and process what you've just read a few times and that's scary.

Tumblr_mfrdsc3t1e1rdyfv3o1_500
joined Apr 25, 2014

honestly, I wish more had been done with mari's ability in the beginning.....the route this takes is interesting as a thought experiment, I guess, but the entire set up prevents us from connecting emotionally with the main character, ultimately making it, for me, dry and uninteresting

joined Feb 15, 2013

The plot was getting to be pretty good now.

But to be honest a slight bit disappointing that they focused too long on the plot and theory while it could be a much better well-received if they go mainstream (as in yuri mainstream). Having all of these chapter compressed into a few only (keep the Alice x Manabu yuri part!!), And after this, turned Manabu into a knowing-all, all powerful kickass S.O.B and instead of trial-and-error asbefore, she know the exact path to save Yukari in one single try

The yuri is very well-drawn and hot through. Anyone know if other works by the author having a yuri pairng somewhere? But seriously considering how well he could draw female character, he should just stuck with yuri!! An age of yuri with plot will open to us all

last edited at Sep 28, 2014 11:54PM

67763073_p3
joined Dec 18, 2013

The side chapters aside of being comedic, play more with the premise of Yukari's curious preception of the world. And to be honest, the fact it delves so deep on quantum mechanics and how driven/obsessed Gaku becomes as the series progresses is what it makes this story so special.

last edited at Sep 29, 2014 3:10AM

joined Dec 4, 2013

Just started reading this series and make it to 3 am in the morning, lol. Yeah I can understand why this series doedn't entertain many ppl but it's awesome due to my personal taste, except there's too little "yuri" in this.
I don't think this can count as yuri, not even shoujo-ai but oh well...
I already found the raws to see what happen next but still looking forward to see the new chapter release to be able to understand the whole things. Thanks for translating this awesome manga.

P.s: Adult Alice is super hot OMG!!!

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

The plot was getting to be pretty good now.

But to be honest a slight bit disappointing that they focused too long on the plot and theory while it could be a much better well-received if they go mainstream (as in yuri mainstream).

well, the manga really does try to think Geek, and while it is "heavy-ish" on the basic concepts of the theory, it kind of has little choice but to explain the theory. if it didn't and went mainstream Yuri, then there would be a lot of holes in the plot. from what I've read so far, the concepts of quantum mechanics that have been mentioned give credibility to how Manabu can do what she is able to do, and why she is determined to effectively change time in all aspects.

one other thing, we all have to take into consideration that the mangakas most likely injected current topics of the day that sounded cool and had a thread of relavance to the storyline. a couple of examples have worked, but umm.... since I haven't caught up, I'll leave any opinions to you all.

joined Sep 20, 2014

Alice == hottest. Just sayin'.

Riko
joined Jun 13, 2013

I think that the mangaka forgot that the main story was about a girl who see humans as robots

After all that physique and philosophy i hoped that the apple tree is who fallen over the head of Newton

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

It just hit me. If you remember Homura from Magica Madoka, she returned time about 100 times, which equals about over eight (8) years. However, I think Gaku wins because she jumps to another world and redos the entire sequence of events from a life time.

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

wtf did i just read

Untitled
joined Aug 14, 2014

can someone talk about this with me? btw grown-up Alice is sexy. Mm. What a babe.

Photo_2017-09-25_19-58-19
joined Jan 17, 2014

Incredibly interesting concept and manga. Can't wait for the next chapter!

OrangePekoe Admin
Animesher.com_tamako-market-midori-tokiwa-deviantart-950416a
joined Mar 20, 2013

Re-uploaded with the rest of the pages. Pardon my previous indiscretions...

joined Jul 5, 2014

This is like reading a book on quantum mechanics. Only with better art and yandere's :3

joined Feb 15, 2013

It's an interesting take on quantum mechanics...

But seriously just dump out the plots and draw more Manabu x Alice. Damn it.

Tumblr_e91edc003cdbb03c1b8d45c82a98870c_92f81880_640
joined Jun 29, 2014

joined Apr 11, 2014

Is it just me or chapter 16 is incomplete?

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Is it just me or chapter 16 is incomplete?

I think so too.

To reply you must either login or sign up.