Forum › Hayate X Blade discussion

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

And the duel starts at last !

joined Apr 6, 2013

Oh man just caught up in this series and learned it has already finished at around 114 chapters and a second series has 12 chapters out.... man I really should learn to read Japanese.

How fast do chaps update, it seems slow.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Oh man just caught up in this series and learned it has already finished at around 114 chapters and a second series has 12 chapters out.... man I really should learn to read Japanese.

How fast do chaps update, it seems slow.

It was slow.... I mean... Slooooooooooow but now is steady.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That ending to that duel ! Fitting and awesome. :D

Can't get enough of that manga.

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

I just want to say how awesome the first post of this discussion thread is. I read it every time I come onto here.

Also, like Jun said, that duel was "the only way it could be," landslide and all. Lovely.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

oh finally their feelings surfaced ... In the most painful and ugly way XD but that's their way!

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

to heck with all that feelings stuff! now Hayate and Ayana can truly act as one. one sword, one body. also, i hope it won't take to many chapters to get to the duel between Nagi-san and Hayate-san.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Chapter 70: "whatever doubts or reservations I still had... were all blown away by a landslide." This was genius! xD

Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

LOL the beautiful moment ruined by a landslide xD

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Eh, Nagi being alright with whatever ? Now I can't wait who's going to be her shinyu. XD

That was a fun arc. Wonder what'll come next ? The duel Akira vs Hitsugi, maybe ?

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Well I would love to see the president fighting!!!
Hayate that was a cheap blow... Just when you said that you didn't had energy left XD
As always, thank you for the amazing workd and disturbing speed!

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

Oy, so that's it? last chapter? or was that comment about serializations being cut short just letting the reader know that there are a few more chapters left? or was that the conclusion for this volume?

Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Oy, so that's it? last chapter?

No. It was a joke.

or was that the conclusion for this volume?

Yes. There are 7 more volumes and it's still ongoing, so hardly just 'a few chapters'

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Tenchi, only school where graduated got sent away with raised swords. Loved that image.

Also loved Nagi and "dad"'s interaction there. XD Can't wait to see who'll be Nagi's sister in arms. I'm guessing a new first year, considering she seems way too picky to go for one of the remaining lone-wolf.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

NOW I'M SUPER EXCITED! just to think of the president drawing her sword.... -Hnnnnggg!!

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Yeah, that duel should be awesome. Still, hope Hitsugi will win, because she's just too awesome. Or, if Akira and Inori win, that they keep the hoshitori going. Could be fun to see Hitsugi going on a rampage from the bottom of the ranking. I can already imagine the utter terror of their low ranking opponents. XD

Kind of surprising how she decided to have the duel public, though, considering how the white uniform's system was supposed to be a big secret or something. Sure, it kind of got out with the last arc, but still.

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

Kind of surprising how she decided to have the duel public, though, considering how the white uniform's system was supposed to be a big secret or something. Sure, it kind of got out with the last arc, but still.

Well, the President often seems to be making up the rules as she goes along. :p

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

Damn, Prez, you're way too cool.

I feel like Akira--my hair is standing on end just waiting for this duel. I really love this this parallel plot line.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

That threesome is my dream come true xD poor Akira..
I realized with normal clothes just how many tomboys we have here... Way off the charts!

Yatsude%20avatar%202
joined Aug 4, 2014

That's one hell of a wakeup call.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

The "Arizona" part took me by surprised...what a stereotypical part.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Amachi : always willing to go the extra stepladder for a good joke. XD

I so hope she stays at the top of the academy, she's too much fun on her power trip.

joined Nov 11, 2010

I feel bad for Akira (& Sae, I guess) 'cause it's almost like I can't even conceive of Hitsugi losing... but if Hitsugi doesn't lose, where do Akira and Sae go from here? It's like the story is slowly marching towards the point when they will be inevitably torn from their highest stage (in terms of coolness, screentime, relevance? I dunno). It might be equally likely I'm being too pessimistic? Suffice it to say that I will be highly engaged in the upcoming duel.

Incidentally, Ayana + Yukari's contest as well. Considering that this is somewhat of a subtext series, I'm kinda curious: how many people out there do actually ship Kuro x Ayana? Maybe it's just my aesthetics or something but I'm personally pretty attached to Ayana x Yukari, and do want to see them rekindling their old connection at some point. Is that going against the author's own feelings, I wonder. Anyway, these last couple chapters have been pretty hype.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Well, if I were to choose, I'd rather see Akira & Sae losing. It might not mean they would be out of the story. Them losing to Hitsugi might be exactly what they both need in order to reconsider what they really want and how to achieve their goal. So far, Akira seems to be aiming at the top only to get her father's approval or something. But if she really manage to win the duel, so what ? Losing here might help her see that she has worth on her own and what her father think doesn't matter that much.

Though, as I mentioned in some earlier post of mine, I would kind of love to see Hitsugi rampaging her way back up from the bottom, toying with the lower ranks gleefully for a revenge match. XD But well, her staying at the top would be best in my opinion...

As for KuroxAyana, can't say I really ship them. It's fun from a comedic standpoint, but the idea of them getting actually serious would feel kind of weird. AyanaxYukari does make a bit more sense to me. But what I'd really enjoy is JunjunxSigma ! <3

AquarianDemocrat
Retry
joined Jan 23, 2012

No way, I'm Kuro x Ayana all the way. Jun x Yuuho is pretty great. Sid & Nancy are probably my number one ship though. :p

To the plot, personally, I think Akira & Sae are going to get badly beaten by the President, as they rightfully should be.

last edited at Oct 9, 2014 11:24AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.