Forum › Mama Mama discussion

joined Feb 2, 2013

Art is suppose to stir our emotions and make us think.
And in that this short story proves that point.

I like it, and I most certainly did not expect that ending.

joined Jul 17, 2013

(ಥ﹏ಥ)... Why...

KobayashiRaika
joined Aug 21, 2014

Welll......lot of hint from the past (i think)
enjoy to make love with each other => new experience, do it for fun or they just know not long time ago
Is this "happiness" really feel like.... i was confuse a bit when she said that.maybe she just feel happy when they have childs despite the fact they are lesbians....but at the end i realized it's words of regret....they are lesbian....no one will understand what is their happiness .... normal end, sad story sad life

Akashic Records
Gray.garden.full.1907943.160.213
joined Sep 24, 2013

Oh, come on.. it's not bad at all. They both think of each other as their real spouse instead of their husbands. And they're happy together.

See how they sighs after joking about their husbands. See how the long haired mom says "I'm heading out" instead of "I'm going home". The author even makes it even more obvious by making her says it was a mistake to her daughter. We know it's the other way around.

They could be only realized it after their marriage. Or they could just do the marriage because they have to. Anyway, it isn't bad at all, really. They're happy together, and they love each other. It's works for them.

joined Aug 22, 2013

I've been entering this site every day for the last ¿4 or 5 years?. Even though I'm not participatory at all, I always read your comments, so let's say I can "guess" what your opinion would be, by and large. This time I wasn't surprised by this great one-shot, but by your comments... "Welcome to a ¿very? normal situation in Japan!" (only in Japan? Definitely not), I should say.
Just out of curiosity... Are you that shocked 'cause you're younger than me and you usually don't see such situations? (btw, I'm 31). Maybe, it depends on the country, culture, or a mix of the above.
Seems interesting

joined Aug 22, 2013

the author was touching on something that actually is happening in Japan, thei are many ppl who are gay but are marrying someone of the opposite sex in fear of family shame, taboo, arrange marriages, and other reasons. it make me sad see because these ppl are chosing live this very uhappy life and its also not fair to they are married too

You hit the nail on the head

Screenshot_2015-09-06-01-02-36~2~2
joined May 26, 2013

Oh, come on.. it's not bad at all. They both think of each other as their real spouse instead of their husbands. And they're happy together.

See how they sighs after joking about their husbands. See how the long haired mom says "I'm heading out" instead of "I'm going home". The author even makes it even more obvious by making her says it was a mistake to her daughter. We know it's the other way around.

They could be only realized it after their marriage. Or they could just do the marriage because they have to. Anyway, it isn't bad at all, really. They're happy together, and they love each other. It's works for them.

That's exactly what I thought, just couldn't put it into words lol. I mean as long as both of them are happy, love each other, and understand what they are doing, good for them for finding their happiness.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

I've been entering this site every day for the last ¿4 or 5 years?. Even though I'm not participatory at all, I always read your comments, so let's say I can "guess" what your opinion would be, by and large. This time I wasn't surprised by this great one-shot, but by your comments... "Welcome to a ¿very? normal situation in Japan!" (only in Japan? Definitely not), I should say.
Just out of curiosity... Are you that shocked 'cause you're younger than me and you usually don't see such situations? (btw, I'm 31). Maybe, it depends on the country, culture, or a mix of the above.
Seems interesting

Meh, I'm 22 in a fairly progressive country and I wasn't particularly surprised. People just want feelgood stories for escapism, can't blame them I guess. Lol @ complaints about "cheating" though...

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 2:29AM

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Well this escalated quickly...
Exits room through hole in wall

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

Posted by Centifolia

Just in case someone would like to know, it is completely possible to create a baby using 2 egg cells. Its impossible with the current technology though. But someday....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1769356.stm

This need to be done quick or at least in our lifetime.

Already has, in 2013. Am looking for the article at the moment, can't remember specifics off the top of my head.

joined Jun 7, 2014

i found it very adorable
...........then what the fuck.

it was a good read, albeit the ending. ^_^

(i read some of the comments. it is definitely not just happening in japan. in my country it is quite a common occurence.)

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 6:34AM

Commandershepard13
joined Mar 24, 2014

i found it very adorable
...........then what the fuck.

it was a good read, albeit the ending. ^_^

(i read some of the comments. it is definitely not just happening in japan. in my country it is quite a common occurence.)

I can't be bothered to read all the comments, what are the talking about exactly?

Also, still a better ending than Mass Effect 3.

joined Jan 31, 2013

...Am i the only one that didn't get negative vibes at all? Still looks like a happy manga even with the tornado

Nah, we're on the same boat. It's just hard for the yuri community to leave their imaginary, perfect, no male allowed little world. Reality isn't really convenient, is it?

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

and just like that my happy feelings were crushed.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

Who wants to read 100% realistic stories? Go grab a history book or biography or something for that.

Read the comments, apparently a lot of people want realistic representation of lesbians in Japan. And with a lot of people i mean western tumblr because nobody in Japan would read it ;)

I
joined May 21, 2014

...Am i the only one that didn't get negative vibes at all? Still looks like a happy manga even with the tornado

Nah, we're on the same boat. It's just hard for the yuri community to leave their imaginary, perfect, no male allowed little world. Reality isn't really convenient, is it?

don't mix reality with fictional manga please;)

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

When I saw the title page, I thought this was going to be about two mothers falling in love, though I still didn't see the ending coming. Even ignoring the social commentary aspect, this is still a great one-shot: we're easily lulled into their little paradise by our own assumptions and invited to experience the warmth and fluffiness of a good morning to a happy family; pulled into and invested in this pretend land, we're made to see reality leaking through the dam and feel that same blow as the damn breaks and reality returns full-force, crashing down with the force only the innocent earnestness of the ignorant could ever muster, leaving only the still air to remind you: your home isn't in the dream.

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 12:33PM

joined Aug 9, 2013

Posted by Centifolia

Just in case someone would like to know, it is completely possible to create a baby using 2 egg cells. Its impossible with the current technology though. But someday....
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/science/nature/1769356.stm

ಠ_ಠ
Wait what? Why am I being quoted here when I never posted a comment in this manga yet?
And if I remember it correctly, that quote was posted exactly one year ago.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/1047-playing-house-discussion

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

There you are Centifolia. Come to think of it I should posted the link to that manga along with the quote..oh well
anyway sorry for the confusion and thank you for the link!

Kikyou%20x%20kana
joined Oct 31, 2013

now i'm sad. :(

33730122-
joined Jul 2, 2011

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/mama_mama#5
nibble.... lol it looked more like chomp XD
yummm~ forehead om nom nom nom O_O

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 10:40AM

joined Feb 1, 2014

I guess I would call that "mama-zoned"

Opavatar
joined Jul 19, 2013

If author want to make realistic manga, realistic is not cheating bisexual, it's not rape innocent girl story, its not college student free sex life stories. how about make story about ordinary boring life with uninteresting character, that's realistic.

the author sure seems to love negative stereotype and promoting it.

Amano drew many sweet and fluffy and even NSFW stuff prior to this. I don't think you should dismiss her like this just because of this one-shot. But who knows, maybe you do think everything Amano drew has negative stereotype. /shrug

don't mix reality with fictional manga please;)

If you are so upset about this to the point of replying multiple times to assert what you think manga should be, then maybe you should just make your own instead of spending time on here replying to everyone who says anything about being realistic. Some people are going to enjoy what others don't, just like how you don't enjoy having realistic situations in a medium that's mostly fictional.

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

I can't connect with how people say cheating of any kind is a sweet or nice thing when they're married.

It's very possible that maybe the "husbands" they talked about were just sperm donors or maybe they adopted the kids or something along those lines and those two just can't be together for some convoluted reason...but I mean...if it's what it looks like on paper (no pun intended) then this really is a bad ending.

EDIT: It is also possible that their husbands are completely (possibly abusive) douche nozzles as well. But one way or another they had to have 3 kids between them somehow...

last edited at Aug 21, 2014 10:34PM

joined Jan 17, 2014

well the ending is interesting, maybe i'm FA too long so i became heartless but, that end made me like "aw yeahhhh" and didnt see any sadness about the plot, u guy should image wat their life become if them don't even met, i even want it's going to be serialized as a comedy drama lol
and if somebody want to find reality in manga, eww no, some in it is true, so many is not, i just say u gonna waste so much time

To reply you must either login or sign up.