Forum › Opapagoto discussion

Image2
joined Jan 22, 2014

This manga seems quite interesting, can't wait for more >w<

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

I was royally confused at first, but it actually looks like a lot of fun! Can't wait to see what chapter 2 brings.
And the "mom" is really nice looking! I just hope MC doesn't end up with airplane girl cuz then it'll have been too predictable.

joined May 17, 2013

A Ghoul!
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch01#51

Seems pretty interesting though.

joined Jan 30, 2013

This is completely nuts.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

So the drama will start when she falls in love for real with her husband and suddenly the real Lady returns, claiming her wife.

Also, i can't fight the feeling that this is somehow fake yuri. I know i am probably wrong but it just feels like the whole "phase" thing.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

This is about the dumbest, most artificial setup I've ever seen, even in yuri. Which means it might well be entertaining, we'll see where it goes.

Also, i can't fight the feeling that this is somehow fake yuri. I know i am probably wrong but it just feels like the whole "phase" thing.

I'm feeling it too, to be honest. The whole Lesbian Until Graduation trope, I'm hoping it won't be like that in the end but...

joined Jun 12, 2012

This is pretty interesting. I'm looking forward to more

Sdf%20(2)
joined Nov 16, 2013

An interesting concept. Can't wait to see how it unfolds.

joined Dec 24, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch01#47

I can't get over that panel cut-off face. LOL

Utah
joined Aug 6, 2014

Ooooh, I like this manga so far
Can't wait see more hue hue >:3

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

This is about the dumbest, most artificial setup I've ever seen, even in yuri. Which means it might well be entertaining, we'll see where it goes.

I'm feeling it too, to be honest. The whole Lesbian Until Graduation trope, I'm hoping it won't be like that in the end but...

im getting that feeling too, hope im not right though

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Ok, just going to repeat stuff I said in other thread

Art is nice, but not sure if I'll enjoy this one.
For starters, I can't get into the setting. It's clearly not a girls-only-world like Love DNA, but a family social program is in girls school? Fishy. The whole "this is the age blah blah blah"...meh
Oh and the "you're someone's property now cause of your parents' debts"? Come on, again with this one?
Also...well, the translation sometimes feels awkward and a bit disjoined.
Just hoping it'll be Character-based rather than Plot-based. Then it has some potential.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

Don't care if it IS a pseudo-family! It is just fun to read it. xD
Now the "daughter" has a Electra-complex. Oh, "daddy", you will have a harem. lol

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/opapagoto_ch01#47

I can't get over that panel cut-off face. LOL

Holy crap I nearly peed myself hahahaha

But anyways. I can see a lot of room for social commentary, an interesting premise, and the wife is hot. Let's see how this plays out.

joined Sep 3, 2013

I don't really get the setup, or how the pseudo-family program is supposed to solve whatever problems they're having. If anything, some eastern countries are having family problems because they try and force father/mother roles. The guys don't want to do it, and the girls don't want to end up like their mothers (slaves basically), so no one wants to start families and everyone wants to be free (and obviously careers take up a lot of time, too).

Maybe the translation is bad, but maybe that's what the plot actually involves around, because then I could understand them wanting to create 'families' out of anyone. But they would still need science babies!

I do like the apparent main pairing, though. Looks like they're both fun characters.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Now the "daughter" has a Electra-complex. Oh, "daddy", you will have a harem. lol

Oh goddammit, if this is just a setup for another generic harem anime i will- wait a minute i just realized this IS the setup to a harem anime, just replace our lead with a man and there you go! of goddammit, if i see the harem tag pop up next chapter im done

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

i totally love it xD

E8xkjfiweawhwl5
joined Sep 23, 2013

Lately, the stories have become somewhat strange, but it's better than cliches.

joined Apr 14, 2013

I will be waiting for the next

Ozy_avatar
joined Jan 30, 2013

Oh goddammit, if this is just a setup for another generic harem anime i will- wait a minute i just realized this IS the setup to a harem anime, just replace our lead with a man and there you go! of goddammit, if i see the harem tag pop up next chapter im done

Well..."Parents selling off the kid for money" is the start of Hayate the Combat Butler. Adding accidental meeting of extra love interest... Harem expectation flag is raised high.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Well..."Parents selling off the kid for money" is the start of Hayate the Combat Butler. Adding accidental meeting of extra love interest... Harem expectation flag is raised high.

I was going to mention hayate but i held off cause its similar but not totally the same, since hayate starts working for her AFTER he saves her ass and not because of the parent selling him off thing, really hope if this is harem however she doesnt get with paper plane girl, because that would be predictable and boring

last edited at Aug 6, 2014 7:33PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Not much to say about this.

Hoping for no harem, don't think it will happen, but I would not be surprised if it did.
Hoping for no love triangle, will probably happen.
Hoping for comedy to pick up, wasn't a funny chapter, tho it's the intro chapter so...
Hoping for no nonsensical drama, this... will probably happen...

Sorta narrows down the probability that I'll keep reading this series...

I'll see where this does.

Sensei
joined Nov 28, 2011

I'm perfectly okay with yuri harem, since we see it so rarely. In fact, I'd actually welcome it.

Another_random_anime_girl_render__by_bakachasity-d5qdads
joined Feb 8, 2011

I was going to mention hayate but i held off cause its similar but not totally the same, since hayate starts working for her AFTER he saves her ass and not because of the parent selling him off thing, really hope if this is harem however she doesnt get with paper plane girl, because that would be predictable and boring

There are several with the same cliche, like mentioned before, Hayate the Combat Butler; also the Sehnorita and Butler (?). Anyhow, This set-up is interesting and I don't think the "father" is going to end up with the plane-girl, I hope so...

Roomie
joined Mar 9, 2014

I would like the father to end up with the mother… Never thought I would say something like that one day ._.

I don't think it will be harem, some of the girls seems way too young
The disapointing end would be father ending up with plane girl, I would not like that. As someone already said it's too predictable and honestly I think it will happen >.>

Actually I hope for some crazy story without too much love triangle and too seriously boring drama. And of course with a badass father who ends up with a badass mother =D

last edited at Aug 6, 2014 8:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.