Forum › Vespa discussion

Fox_paw_tribal
joined Feb 25, 2013

All's well that end's well. :) But that doesn't have anything to do with this manga because it was shit and ended that way too.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Wait, are you telling me that Love DNA XX already finished and I didn't know? Be right back...

By the way, to the people wondering about the "bee" part, I wonder why the translators decided to use Bee instead of Drone, which they used during the entire series at that point. That said, the translation effort is highly appreciated.

Images
joined Apr 4, 2012

wow that left a shitty taste. i still read it despite the translator's warning so it's all on me. but still wow that left a shitty taste. need to wash it down with some fluffy yuri goddamn.

joined Mar 23, 2013

Are we just going to ignore the fact that after all that BS they are still not together?
No?
Welp this manga is right down there with softcharm imo

Heh, what a bad story. I like how it doesn't flesh out anything every is one dimensional. And how in the hell did the Queen not destroy their country, the mother gave her daughter away especially because they couldn't afford to wage war.

All in all... cheap drama, bad characterization, bad world building.

To kill every men because of one is kinda too much.

#KillAllMen

Kind of like that one 18 year old kid here in the US a few months back who went around shooting women because he got rejected by a few. And yes, that happened IRL.

He actually never did get rejected because he was severely lacking in social skills, he thought talking to a girl for half a second meant you were establishing a relationship... His parents did nothing about their autistic child growing to be more and more delusional and closing himself to reality. In the end he just watched anime and played video games and browsed reddit/4chan and that REALLY doesn't help someone who already his plenty unhealthy mentally.

He also didn't ONLY hate women, as a matter of fact, I think he ended up killing more men in his spree IIRC.

I dislike the whole "he hates women" propaganda, because if you read his "manifesto" his videos and his general actions, his reddit posts you see that his problem is more than "he's a misogynist". His outburst was a long time coming, and was way more than what the media and people say it was. Real life people are not one dimensional, they're complex.

last edited at Aug 5, 2014 4:36PM

Imagesn79yw9ay
joined Jan 27, 2012

...Is that it? It's finished? Just like that?

joined May 2, 2014

Why just why only 3 chapters I was so in to this manga just fuck it...

Ymir-and-christa-lenz-historia-reiss-shingeki-no-kyojin-kittyluv57-38197762-736-429
joined May 19, 2014

And the worst manga of the year goes to...

Never have I read something with nice-looking art of such intricately-dumb plot and characterization. Citrus is clichéd, but it is a LITTLE more sensical than this.

Thank you for the earlier warnings and the translations though!

ED: genuinely thinks this should have a what the f*ck did I just read? tag.

last edited at Aug 7, 2014 12:50PM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

^I find it very peculiar that you find the queen endearing cause we haven't gotten a lot of info about her yet. Not how she acts or how she looks, just her silhouette. For me, the captain was alright. I don't know why you find her abusive as I didnt come across any part where she felt offensive or insulting (although i do agree she seems just a wee bit pushy); the princess seems to be the abusive one, hitting Koizuka and stuff.

omg, my bad. I totally meant the princess. NOT the queen! Sorry, I got the labels mixed up.

I felt that the captain was verbally abusive. She got a little bit better in the later chapters though. At least she was kind enough to help Koizuka save the princess.

As for the queen, wow. She's like a full blown psychopath! Sure, it sucks what happened with her husband, but she totally went off the deep end. At first, the crazy shit she said to the princess gave off a sadistic vibe, but after reading about what happened with her husband, she kind of just sounds bitter. Her love didn't work out, so she doesn't want the princess's relationship to work out either.

So, the story just ends like that??

last edited at Aug 7, 2014 1:20PM

Hinageshi_icon
joined Jul 20, 2013

I think I can say, Love DNA XX was better.

Dude, Love DNAXX was fucking awful. Never before have I seen a series set in a society comprised entirely of women and yet still manage to be incredibly chauvinistic and patriarchal. Seriously, what a stupid concept. '“Oh, your men are dead are they? Have I got a solution for you! Just pretend some of your women are men so you can make sure all the discrimination and heterosexism that existed in your previous male dominated system never stops!”
I mean, I know Japan is really sexist compared to western countries and all but LoveDNAXX is just absurd. Its like the creator has never heard of feminism or gender equality and and thinks women actually just keep going along with the ridiculous system Japan has, where women are viewed as little more than obedient housewives. Yeah, cause that's totally something all the girls are in for, cause women like the kitchen so much that if the men died off they would get other women to tell them to stay in the kitchen. Its such a stupid, stupid, stupid concept.

TL:DR: Love DNAXX is stupid and sexist because it implies that patriarchy and male dominance is necessary for society to move forward and that femininity and feminine women are weak and worthless, while masculine women are freaks that exist solely to take the place of the man in a relationship and have no need to exist in a society with men in it.

I agree with all of this. I hate that manga. The art in it was great, but damn, the story was boring.

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

Not even going to take chances, 100% yuri girl here....

Bayonettamachinekill
joined Apr 8, 2013

I don't know why....when men write Yuri or even some women authors...they focus only on the sexual aspect of it...literally like two girls having sex, and then she said goodbye, or just focuses on the carnal aspect..I'm a les...I need feeling, sentiment, reality in yuri not only two girls having sex but loving and enduring the hardships of life. Jin seems to be one of the few.

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I think they may have gotten together though,
"May have gotten together"? It is pretty obvious they are together. It was the whole point of the story.

TheYuriReviewer
Profile_picture_by_theyurireviewer-d5lqbnw_(4)
joined Mar 24, 2013

She should've said
"Get away from her, you bitch!"

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

Well like any other yuri mangas that is short and "open ending"..this was not too bad. I really like the princess's hair before she cut it that short but I do notice in mangas about the short hair style.

I liked it tho it was short

Coollogo_com_262501472
joined Jul 21, 2014

I think they may have gotten together though,
"May have gotten together"? It is pretty obvious they are together. It was the whole point of the story.

Indeed =)

Fb_img_1557642301687
joined Aug 12, 2013

Are we just going to ignore the fact that after all that BS they are still not together?
No?
Welp this manga is right down there with softcharm imo

Heh, what a bad story. I like how it doesn't flesh out anything every is one dimensional. And how in the hell did the Queen not destroy their country, the mother gave her daughter away especially because they couldn't afford to wage war.

All in all... cheap drama, bad characterization, bad world building.

To kill every men because of one is kinda too much.

#KillAllMen

Kind of like that one 18 year old kid here in the US a few months back who went around shooting women because he got rejected by a few. And yes, that happened IRL.

He actually never did get rejected because he was severely lacking in social skills, he thought talking to a girl for half a second meant you were establishing a relationship... His parents did nothing about their autistic child growing to be more and more delusional and closing himself to reality. In the end he just watched anime and played video games and browsed reddit/4chan and that REALLY doesn't help someone who already his plenty unhealthy mentally.

He also didn't ONLY hate women, as a matter of fact, I think he ended up killing more men in his spree IIRC.

I dislike the whole "he hates women" propaganda, because if you read his "manifesto" his videos and his general actions, his reddit posts you see that his problem is more than "he's a misogynist". His outburst was a long time coming, and was way more than what the media and people say it was. Real life people are not one dimensional, they're complex.

I pretty much agree with you except that noting his intense misogyny isn't propaganda. I did look at his manifesto, and there's more than misogyny going on but it doesn't mean his actual motivation was excluded from that.

He killed men too because he was jealous of them--root motivation still being misogyny. Misogyny hurts men too. Social science 101.

And back to this manga... Yeah. I was hoping for more. Super disappointed.

joined Apr 12, 2014

i like it.. i like it alot

joined Apr 12, 2014

'dont u dare touch my woman' yasssss that puunch

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

woah, what, that'e the end!? >_<" awww, damn! that was pretty cool though xD

Anime
joined Oct 20, 2014

I love the setting of this manga. Love, love love.

joined Jun 10, 2015

is this a happy ending? I'm confused at the end

67351033_10220293459155029_8283322322757091328_n
joined Jul 22, 2015

Interesting. It seems the primary method of reproduction is artificial insemination. The reason the het rape was considered necessary was supposedly because if a girl isn't fucked properly by a dick her virgin vagina is bad for pregnancy and childbirth. That's complete bs, of course. Nice to see that it was a somewhat happy ending, where the Princess cut her hair and went into hiding back in her home country with her Soldier lover and the evil Queen was swept out to sea never to be seen again (at least that was implied somewhat).

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

So the ending is that...
Princess is back home, Queen havent been found (of course), soldier is healing nicely, the end?
No mention of both countries being like wtf? Marriage is just cancelled because queen bitch is dead?

__ex_keine_kamishirasawa_keine_and_kamishirasawa_keine_touhou_drawn_by_rebecca_keinelove__dac6b62f1c1ee61618ab14504ccd5a1b
joined May 30, 2018

this one is something else dude

Untitled
joined Aug 17, 2020

This should've been at least 3 volumes not 3 chapters. It has a good premise and the idea and plot was in there, it felt like the author is just trying this out if it's good or not. Well, goddamnit, it's nice and I like the idea. I wish it was a little bit more long for the side characters and other premise like the country and war and stuff

To reply you must either login or sign up.