Forum › Matataki no Aida ni discussion

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Did not really get it, but... nice read! ... I guess..
Nice to see more from this mangaka, love the art.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Interesting. I don't think I've seen a post-Rebellion story that focuses on Madoka before

joined Apr 25, 2013

Please let this be how it ends.
Who am I kidding...?

candy76041820
%e5%b0%8f%e8%88%94
joined May 22, 2013

Why am I feeling that I've read this before? In another language, perhaps?

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

I got it..............it was trying to be artsy without actually meaning a lot, no seriously some of the stuff it said didn't make any sense, hell i one of those people that thinks everything in EVA makes sense in the context of that story and everyone i know tells me that they think its the essence of artsy tryhardness, now this is if we are JUST talking about some of the dialogue, the story itself was quite easy to follow and it was good enough but i have a serious disdain for devil homura because she has stopped thinking rationally in the slightest and i REALLY hate the yandere archetype, they really didnt have to make her into a devil seriously rebellion what the shit.

EDIT: i really should stop reading post rebellion stories, sends me into a rant

last edited at Jul 22, 2014 8:33AM

joined Jun 27, 2013

I don't fully understand it and yet I love it...

Tohka%20not%20crying
joined Jun 6, 2014

This is how I've always seen how Shaft will end this series should they make the obvious and smart decision to continue Madoka...Madoka remembers her past timelines eventually, Homura gets super worried that Madoka will leave her, and Madoka makes the ultimate decision that we all know she will make: whatever the outcome, she will stick with her friends and stay with Homura.

There's many ways to go about doing that and Akiyuki and Urobuchi will of course make it absolutely stunning.

Scan0008
joined Apr 24, 2013

homura looked like the main villain here ._."

Neu
joined Jan 12, 2014

I was waiting for Homura to erase Madoka's memories again at the end but.....oh well
Not a bad rebellion after story though Homura was a bit too tame for taste.
There where one or two things Homura said here and there that made barely any sense but I like the art and the story in general so I can bear with that

last edited at Jul 22, 2014 7:28PM

Tumblr_ngf93ejd511smr2zxo1_1280
joined Jul 4, 2014

Am i the only one who thought than the eyes kinda looks like namori's art?

joined Apr 13, 2012

This really needs some "angst" tag

My_dork__by_vnixxir-d72u531
joined Jun 21, 2013

I feel as though I'm missing something....*reads some comments* wait...rebellion...what?! @.@
does quick google search Oh GDI no wonder I don't get it. I didn't know there was a third movie...well time to play catch up.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

So cute, so beautiful, so fucking pretentious

1599531_403762246435445_1409813519_o
joined Mar 14, 2014

So what's everyone confused about?

satsuki matoi
joined May 2, 2014

Did anyone notic when madoka let her hair down in the last chapters and Than BAAm! In the next chapter it got back to normal just like that lol freaking unreal .... Also
Wtf with the story ..so damn confusing !(◎_◎;)

last edited at Jul 23, 2014 5:10AM

Sdfsd
joined May 21, 2013

I like it. That is my take on it.

Throughout the story, it's pointed out that Homura does a lot of things for only Madoka's happiness, not anyone else's. Homura also assumes Madoka wouldn't do the same for her out of love, but out of the kindness of her heart. In the end scene, Homura admits these lingering doubtful thoughts ("You are always...like that...because you're kind.") and gets immediately shot down by Madoka telling her it isn't her kindness that would drive her to search for Homura's happiness, but Homura herself.

Basically I am assuming the story was building itself up for this moment and not many people got it because of the confusing thoughts. This is probably a story reinforcing the idea that Madoka reciprocates Homura's love.

Sam1
joined May 11, 2012

That was really nice... although Homura was a little bit too tame in this.

90a88771d7c9cc1fbb66aca9350d8a92_480
joined Jul 9, 2014

What is so confusing about this? In short, this takes place after Rebellion, time flows with Madoka, lets say, inevitably attracted to devil Homura. However, Madoka feels nostalgic whenever she sees Homura's (peaceful?) smile. The key words here are: "Are you happy now?" Since Madoka wants to assure Homura that she is presently happy, she always says "yes", but deep down, she starts remembering her past memories (note that the Homura in Madoka's monologue is very tame and devoted). Then from page 24, I'm assuming that Madoka somehow slipped into devil Homura's subconsciousness, and uneasiness washes over her for a moment. Page 28 is obviously refers to Homura's minions (laughing, looking down at Homura's dilemma...) The rest is clear enough, Madoka reciprocates Homura's feeling, while Homura is still insecure and stubborn as usual.
Didn't mean to rant, sorry guys....

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

What is so confusing about this? In short, this takes place after Rebellion, time flows with Madoka, lets say, inevitably attracted to devil Homura. However, Madoka feels nostalgic whenever she sees Homura's (peaceful?) smile. The key words here are: "Are you happy now?" Since Madoka wants to assure Homura that she is presently happy, she always says "yes", but deep down, she starts remembering her past memories (note that the Homura in Madoka's monologue is very tame and devoted). Then from page 24, I'm assuming that Madoka somehow slipped into devil Homura's subconsciousness, and uneasiness washes over her for a moment. Page 28 is obviously refers to Homura's minions (laughing, looking down at Homura's dilemma...) The rest is clear enough, Madoka reciprocates Homura's feeling, while Homura is still insecure and stubborn as usual.
Didn't mean to rant, sorry guys....

Couldn't have explained it better I think the pacing is what confused people this is kinda of a happy ending just a little incomplete.
Also wasted SayakaxKyouko moment (sorry just had to say it)

joined Mar 25, 2013

Re-reading this for n-th time.

Are there any other works from this author besides the ones that are already here?

joined Jun 21, 2015

I don't see why everyone has had such a hard time with this; the story + dialogue seemed fairly easy to understand. On top of the clean and cute art, the elegantly designed monologue scenes and the warm, homely yet sensual atmosphere, I'd say this is one of the better Madoka doujins I've read.

joined May 11, 2017

Again... the art is just breathtaking! Beauty and the cutie <3

joined Jun 28, 2017

Uwaa! I'm so happy that this exists. Madoka acknowledging that she is responsible for Homaru's suffering and that she had been unfeeling and selfish even towards her in the past (The intimate scenes in ep 12 and Rebellion were okay, but really Madoka seemed like she was comforting Homaru without being very emotionally involved). Madoka clearly being overcome with love for Homaru and fearing the return of her memories. And finally, Madoka telling Homaru while showing herself to be emotionally involved this time, that Homaru's happiness is most important of all to her and that she wants to be with her because she loves her. This pairing has a lot of really crappy doujinshi from mangaka who obviously share the hatred a lot of the psychopathic portion of the fandom feels towards Homaru, but this is what fanfiction should be: The characterizations are true to the official fiction, it is respectful to all characters involved and it is satisfying. This made me weep tears of joy. I am happy that this is so good, that I can consider it canon because Homaru really deserves this happiness and this dedication from Madoka. And Madoka deserves to feel such happiness from being loved by Homaru.

Capture
joined Feb 8, 2019

^I really loved your comment @GID

This is what fanfiction should be about. A beautiful and thoughtful extension of and tribute to the original story, which unfortunately ended in a rather messy manner.

To reply you must either login or sign up.