Forum › Citrus discussion

Screenshot%20(1)
joined Feb 17, 2013

Given the position of the teacher's hand on the chick's head on pages 19-20, I'm pretty sure that's a forced kiss. That's just a douche move.

Dante_by_diimitrii-d5t5ps7
joined Mar 30, 2013

This was pure thrill after thrill! Jesus, one plot twist after another...and those last pages were...hnngg.

This now has a place in my favorites!

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

this discussion will catch up with the lenght of the "Notes from the garden..." one in no time.

joined Apr 1, 2013

whua!!!!!....love it ♥ (except the part that the guy kissing the girl^^) ..next chapter pls?...

i coloured a part of it. the sad face of mei.^^
http://maplecolours.deviantart.com/art/Aihara-Mei-364064131?q=gallery%3Amaplecolours%2F41635667&qo=4

last edited at Apr 12, 2013 9:52AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Wow- promising start. Only concern is her being with the teacher.. If in the end she runs off to safeville with him it will suck. Or she sleeps with him etc.. Not a fan of the 'realistic' seinin style where its all messy confused 'real' relationships, angst and cheating etc.

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 9:01AM

joined Apr 7, 2013

how many chapters this manga have? i can't wait for the next chapter!

FlameHazeKatsu
Img_1342
joined Feb 5, 2013

OMG OMG OMG OMG!! This is so freakin' awesome!! finally yes!! a new yuri manga!! T_T man...this will be so interesting...living under the same roof and all...kyaa... xD wooo~! can't wait for the updates~

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I think it deserves the comedy tag... I was laughing a whole lot.

Blazing CobaltX
Aaaaaaaaaaaa2
joined May 16, 2012

I really love this! I am waiting for the next chapters, great work and thanks for translating.

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 11:07AM

joined Feb 1, 2013

Well, I love the art but the story... not so much for the moment. It's all over the place, somewhat cliche, etc.

But it's just the first chapter, so I'll continue my read for now, hoping for it to become better.

Khancrop
joined Feb 18, 2013

Well, that escalated quickly.

The art is great; a sort of fusion of '70s proportion and line weight, but modern fill and shading. Does this one have a proper ending in sight? Or is this going to be something cancelled tragically?

joined Feb 7, 2013

Oh, i hope not. It looks really really promising and its my cup of Yuri. It seems the pace for this manga is rather fast as thing keeps on escalating, (chap 2 raw is out on Yuri Project, hopefully we get to read it in English soon)

Looking forward to view the story from Mei's POV.

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 12:26PM

joined Apr 1, 2013

Such a waste that she has been kissed by the damn teacher

Yayoi
joined Jan 31, 2013

Two weeks ago I stumble upon this on tumblr and oh man I was thinking someone needs to translate this manga! I am really excited that yuri projects is doing this series and very happy that dynasty is hosting it on there site <3

The chapters I did find on tumblr do not disappoint in my opinion so I am pretty stoke to read them in english :D once again thanks for all the amazing hard work yuri project <3

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

Well, I love the art but the story... not so much for the moment. It's all over the place, somewhat cliche, etc.

And here I was beginning to feel really alone, thank you.

sweet little lie
joined Mar 17, 2013

I just tried to find eng version of this manga few days ago and here, I got it. Long live Dynasty!!

Phyis Moderator
Midori-facepalm
Yuri Project
joined Dec 12, 2012

I don't really mind reading cliche stuff, but something about this one isn't really doing it for me. I definitely like the art. Maybe the story picks up with the next chapter.

The entire setup is asking too much for me to just blindly accept, really. "Transferring in fall" means this wasn't short notice, mom didn't pick up this guy at a bar and had a Vegas wedding. But Yuzu never met the rest of the family (because with a wedding there are so few opportunities to do so apparently), probably not even her new dad from what the dialog suggests, mom never let the fact about the new little sister slip in all those months, strict control freak of a father-in-law didn't care about who his son dragged into his family, and the whole girl's school thing was a total surprise as well. And I'm sure such a totalitarian institution is run on the "fuck it, just let them figure it out on their first day" principle instead of drowning you in forms and rule pamphlets like they normally do. Uh huh. Sure.

joined Feb 18, 2013

This is going to be a great series!!! :D

Ouroboros_tatoo
joined Mar 18, 2013

I think it deserves the comedy tag... I was laughing a whole lot.

I take that back. It definitely should not have a comedy tag.

omnscient0 Admin
Apple
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 1, 2010

I'm really no connoisseur when it comes to manga, mostly relying on them for light, escapist entertainment. I'm usually willing to overlook stuff like that if I find the characters engaging enough, but yeah, this isn't doing it for me.

I generally don't mind it either, but there were just too many instances that were too essential to the plot.

I wasn't really fond of it either, but that was mainly because I hate any type of Love Triangles.

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 3:20PM

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

the school presidente is the rector grandother...
i remember "she wolf"... too cliche!

joined Jan 30, 2013

the school presidente is the rector grandother...
i remember "she wolf"... too cliche!

Most yuri stories are quite cliched. Especially if it features a school of any sort.
To put it in a less harsh way, you'll see a lot of familiar plots/ideas/settings...

last edited at Apr 7, 2013 3:44PM

Pinku no mashumaro
joined Apr 7, 2013

Wow!!!! This manga is cool and sexy! The way it begins... Amazingly hot! I hope the next chapter gets uploaded quickly! Yuri Project I'm couting on you!!!

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wasn't really fond of it either, but that was mainly because I hate any type of Love Triangles.

Got to agree with this this- i dispise ANY polygon love- from triangles up! It dosnt have to ruin a story- depends how far its taken etc.. (for example thinking they love one person, but coming to realise they like the one who likes them before it gets messy and disolving the triangle )..but i'd much rather do without it.

joined Nov 11, 2010

Honestly, the thing with the male teacher prevents this series from going onto my favourites, and overall not much depth has been established for the characters yet so the only yuri component thus far is pretty much sexual ("I got turned on by my little sister", lol). Still, though, the art for this series is good and I think we can have reasonable confidence in a happy conclusion, so even if the plot-twists are a little cliche I don't think there's anything wrong with people having a lot of fun with it.

I'll confess that "Notes from the Garden of Lilies" is still by far a better series as far as I'm concerned, but that isn't really a reason to pile this series with criticism. It's still decent yuri in the end. I think we can all agree that the teacher/'love triangle' sucks but that doesn't that this series won't overall still manage to be enjoyable.

To reply you must either login or sign up.