Forum › Citrus discussion

Maxresdefault
joined Feb 5, 2013

I'm not so sure that this is actually going to be a love triangle I think Matsuri just wants to tease Yuzu and have some fun and is trying to make Mei jealous (because it seems fun) sooo I'm actually kind of happy with this development since I feel that maybe Mei will finally realize and accept her own feelings and stop pushing Yuzu away. Ah, I can't wait to see her reaction ^_^

GemmaTheFucker
Jo
joined Mar 20, 2014

______ New chapter, I wish I could punch Matsuri xD

Minayoko
joined Aug 11, 2013

....Man, I can't stand it if people continue spamming the forum just to vent off their disappointment, especially when they don't actually argue, but simply repeat their initial point over and over and OVER again. You don't like the manga. That's fine. Everyone has their preferences and nobody has any right to judge those. But we really can do without you telling us 20 times, thank you.

Now, about chapter nine. ...
I do agree that Citrus is becoming predictable. However, somehow this doesn't make it boring for me. I knew at the end of chapter 8 that this girl (Matsuri) would be used to create a love triangle. So when reading chapter 9, I already knew what was gonna happen, but I still enjoyed reading it. (Most certainly cause I'm a total sucker for drama. XD) Well then, now to wait for chapter 10. * will sit down right here and wait for 6 weeks *

Shadowring123
joined Feb 19, 2011

fffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffuckin dammit!!!

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Matsuri is hard to figure out. I get the feeling she might help Yuzu with Mei but wants to get her own benefits.

joined May 17, 2013

Seems we're split down the middle. Me personally I like the addition of Matsuri. And I agree with Little, she's going to help Yuzu with Mei in the end.

Matsuri to me doesn't seem like a bad person per se and I like her character.

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

LOVE THIS!! I don't hate the love triangle (if they use them well in a story.) So I will see how this will turn out :D I cant wait to see what Mei will do hehehe reason why Im ok with the introduction of Matsuri is because we need something that would knock some sense into Mei for real :O she cant be playing with Yusu's Feelings like that :(
And I just want to see some jealousy from Meis side . her type of character is like gold and just amazing to watch specially when they start to show emotions towards others or cant get what they want!

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 4:24PM

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

The way I see it, there are only two possibilities that will happen in the next chapter:

1. Mei ignores it and continues to go on like nothing happened.

2. She starts ignoring Yuzu or just starts being more cold to Yuzu.

I have a feeling we are just gonna get more frustrated with Mei before she actually starts to realize her feelings for Yuzu. I am 90% sure they will end up together at some point, but we just need to force ourselves to sit through this melodrama to get there. Hopefully the manga won't have them get together right at the end, because I wanna see those two frick frack ;~;

On another note, the only reason I like Matsuri is because we might finally see some passion from Mei. I want to see her fight! But after the cruel words she said to Yuzu, I don't know what to expect. If she doesn't end up fighting for Yuzu, then my time will be wasted here. It is just not worth waiting 2 months just to get increasingly more frustrated.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I have a feeling we are just gonna get more frustrated with Mei before she actually starts to realize her feelings for Yuzu.

I'm pretty sure she's quite aware of it, she's just denying going further because.. I dunno, pseudo-incest i guess?

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

I have a feeling we are just gonna get more frustrated with Mei before she actually starts to realize her feelings for Yuzu.

I'm pretty sure she's quite aware of it, she's just denying going further because.. I dunno, pseudo-incest i guess?

"We're girls, and on top of that sisters"

So that's twice the forbidden love!! But.. two negatives make a positive, right? x3

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

So that's twice the forbidden love!! But.. two negatives make a positive, right? x3

you know the only reason i buy her extreme denial is because of the way japan works, if this was england they would have done lewd thing by now

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Pretty sure she was using that as petty excuses, but if it's indeed that, we'd had to assume the whole thing works on multipliers, but since the manga name is Citrus it sounds more like Minus, so a negative minus a negative makes a even more negative... ....Fack

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

you know the only reason i buy her extreme denial is because of the way japan works, if this was england they would have done lewd thing by now

LOL XD you made my day with that comment lol

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

so a negative minus a negative makes a even more negative... ....Fack

well... shit ;w;
I'm just gonna pretend we are using multipliers.

if this was england they would have done lewd thing by now

THIS is too true haha

Katomixharu%20-%20cross%20heart
joined Jul 3, 2013

Not to nitpick but a negative minus a negative turns positive.

Example just because I'm annoying and have to point this out... sorry.
(-5) + (-5) = (-10)
(-5) -(-5) = 0
So yes, two negatives make a positive :) Yay

on lines of this story... I love it... but I hate this newest chapter. I hate forced progression through an unknown new person like this. I don't care about love triangles, I just hate it when they suddenly throw someone else into the mix just to progress story. It's pointless and annoying. It's like watching Scooby-Doo and the villain being someone we've never even met before. We never even had the chance to guess who the bad guy was... how is that fair!?

But as a whole, I still like this story, just not happy with the newest...

886f8d05.m
joined Mar 26, 2014

Oh man that Matsuri... what a player xD
So, Matsuri ist trying to ''steal'' Yuzu away from Mei, tho she just want fun (It looks like that for now, maybe she has more plans in mind). I guess in the next Chapter Mei will try to ignore that she has feelings for Yuzu, til a dramatic point. I have different possibilities in mind, how Mei will finally accept her feelings and will fight for Yuzu.

• She finds Yuzu and Matsuri at home, where Matsuri is pushing Yuzu on the bed and do y'know, this and that.
  • Mei and Matsuri will have a conversation, where Mei will ask something like ''What are you planning to do with Yuzu?'' and Matsuri answers ''Have my fun.'' Mei then says ''Dont play with her feelings!'' and Matsuri then ''You dont have the right to stop me. Just love can stop love.'' (Well, something like that)
  • Yuzu will date Matsuri, so she can somehow forget about Mei, but then Mei realise, that she cant let Yuzu go.

This was just some examples, what i think, COULD happen in a way.

After all, i think this chapter was really good and I'm looking forward to the next chapter.

last edited at Apr 10, 2014 7:40AM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Not to nitpick but a negative minus a negative turns positive.

Example just because I'm annoying and have to point this out... sorry.
(-5) + (-5) = (-10)
(-5) -(-5) = 0

I'm studying physical education and i have no clue what you're on about
So i'll stick to my 1st grade fanfiction and say that -2 -2 = -6 YEEEEEEEEEEESSSSS!!

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 5:13PM

joined Mar 14, 2014

Wow this new character is so cool and mature she masturbates in front of a camera for older men.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

Pretty sure she was using that as petty excuses, but if it's indeed that, we'd had to assume the whole thing works on multipliers, but since the manga name is Citrus it sounds more like Minus, so a negative minus a negative makes a even more negative... ....Fack

or citrusy foods can be sweet so we could have a happy ending right, right?

Screenshot_534
joined Jul 18, 2012

Love triangle is meh and muh forced drama is also meh (then again, Citrus is 90% forced drama anyways) but goddamn if Matsuri isn't a likable character. Yes, she's got a lot of bad points, but at least now there's something instead of "I'll kiss you, but it's just a kiss between sisters!" and a ton of unnecessary angst.

Not all the time. As you said, -5 + -5 = -10. Two negatives subtracted from each other equals a positive, but not two negatives together in any way. To haphazardly say "two negatives make a positive" as an absolute is wholly incorrect, sadly. However, in the context of the reply you were replying to, Kyonne made a math (or word) error, and two negatives (subtracted from each other) makes a positive, yup.

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 5:30PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

However, in the context of the reply you were replying to, Kyonne made a math (or word) error, and two negatives (subtracted from each other) makes a positive, yup.

Did i?
I said a negative minus a negative, that can be translated as -X -X = -X*2
Minus'ing a negative with a negative adds to the negativeness

Edit: Okay i think i see where the problem is coming, the "Minus" i said in the "negative minus a negative" gives the impression that i'm adding a negative multiplier in the middle, which would be like WingedDeath said, (-X) - (-X) = 0
But saying that is the same as adding a multiplier in the middle, since it can be seen as (-X) -1(-X) = 0
The -1 multiplies everything that comes after in the ( ) converting the -X to a X
But if we're working with no multipliers, then -X with -X will give a more powerful negative, which equals to double the forbidden love, but with no possible way to turn the love into a positive
Which means the mangaka will have to scramble the laws of the mathematic universe to make this love workout
How far will the protag be able to distort the numbers to reach her love?
Damn now i'm interested, 10/10 best manga ever

last edited at Apr 9, 2014 5:48PM

Little Bits Of Mini
Josuke
joined Nov 8, 2013

Wow this new character is so cool and mature she masturbates in front of a camera for older men.

I don't think she actually masturbates on camera for old men. It's more like she sends masturbation videos she finds online to them and gets paid for it.

Sungji
joined Mar 23, 2011

two, almost three months of waiting and just ONE episode is out? GIMME MY TWO MISSING EPISODES NOW!

MinakoReiNanoFate
joined Jan 2, 2014

Love this chapter, I know that everyone says that this "love triangle" is cliche but I kinda like this Matsuri girl, at least or better yet I hope this a wake up call for Mei, as for Yuzu well she is too dense to notice what's going on in front of her. I wonder why was Mei depressed when the results of the test came in? Was it bad that Yuzu actually did good in school for a change? Can't wait for next chapter.
Thanks to those involved on translating this series.

Zen%20facce
joined Feb 3, 2013

Love this chapter, I know that everyone says that this "love triangle" is cliche but I kinda like this Matsuri girl, at least or better yet I hope this a wake up call for Mei, as for Yuzu well she is too dense to notice what's going on in front of her. I wonder why was Mei depressed when the results of the test came in? Was it bad that Yuzu actually did good in school for a change? Can't wait for next chapter.
Thanks to those involved on translating this series.

I think Mei was depressed over the thing she said to Yuzu at the beginning or maybe she thinking of how hard Yuzu work to get those grades and appreciate the work Yuzu put into it. I personally think Mei was not actually depressed though, she was just thinking.

To reply you must either login or sign up.