Forum › Kasumi and Acchan discussion

Ss%20(2015-08-13%20at%2011.16.07)
joined Jul 3, 2015

FUCK NO

Reimu-pet-cirno
joined May 17, 2013

Avocado flavored Fanta?

What abomination is this?

I did a check and apparently this is the one flavor they've never put out anywhere. Maybe it's wishful thinking on Mochi's part?

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

I didn't see drama coming from this cute manga.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

sobs Why?!
Nexxxxt chapter ~~~~~!!!!!

Tree%20hanamaru
joined Jan 9, 2017

Poor Kasumi-chan... it's obvious they both feel the same way about each other. Kasumi has awesome insect collecting skills though!

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

No need to make a huge fuss about this chapter, There's no bullshit Love triangle or obnoxious drama. Just denial, If anything this story has gotten even better, Now I'm pretty hooked on this manga. I'm hyped to see what happens next.

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 10:27AM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Drama ? Where is drama ? Blonde-haired's denial is just how she tries to hide her true feelings from herself, because as she states it, she thinks it's "impossible". Given the author and the rest of the series, this can't end other than happily.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I'd like to see more cases where there's a setup like this, but the hidden girl actually understands why the denial girl says what she says. It still hurts, it's still a blow to the confidence, and it's still a reminder of the society they live in. I'm just tired of the stock reaction being to take it at face value that the denial is her real feelings.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

I'd like to see more cases where there's a setup like this, but the hidden girl actually understands why the denial girl says what she says. It still hurts, it's still a blow to the confidence, and it's still a reminder of the society they live in. I'm just tired of the stock reaction being to take it at face value that the denial is her real feelings.

things get somewhat like this, involves... TALKING... imagine that? talking... in a yuri manga...
Theres a lot of TALKING about it.

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

The end made me legit cry why....

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

More Than Kemono Friends

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

things get somewhat like this, involves... TALKING... imagine that? talking... in a yuri manga...
Theres a lot of TALKING about it.

Well I'm glad they're doing something different with it, because my reaction seeing it was an instant "Oh, man, not this again."

Profile%20pic
joined Jan 6, 2015

Oh no baby what!! Is you doing???

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Well I'm glad they're doing something different with it, because my reaction seeing it was an instant "Oh, man, not this again."

I had the exact same thought, and I've only been reading yuri since October. I can only imagine the eyeroll-induced eyestrain that you veteran yuri readers must've experienced.

Also: Your avatar reminded me that I need to go get another cup of coffee. So thanks for that.

joined Feb 18, 2015

Ah... Now she'll have to figure out a way to win her back now that she's crushed her fragile little heart....

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

Reacting like that was "to be expected" but she didn't had to deny it SO HARD! like she's totally creeped out, makes you think that some of that wasn't just made up in the spur of the moment... But I know this manga doesn't appear to go that far into drama.

Off topic: seeing someone using a drawing I made (fanart) as avatar feels unreal

joined Mar 29, 2017

Putting the L in GirL friends

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

On the other hand, jeezus, you guys get very critical of high-school-fanfic-writing-level stuff. Like, what do you expect out of completely amateur writers with likely no training and little practice?

I globally agree with your post, but this above-mentioned quote somehow irks me, it seems to imply that amateurism necessarily is an antonym of technical mastery, which is flat out wrong.

On a side note, I don't know if Milk flavored mochi Mochi au lait is indeed an amateur, and if the point of them using some cliche tropes isn't precisely to turnabout them.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Got to love it when people act like tropes are the same as bad writing.

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

See, unlike Kasumi, her sister understands she's in a yuri manga and how to subvert these tropes.

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

At first, I thought, "oh man, another cliche experienced older sister character."
Then she solved the whole problem within one chapter
So she's okay by me now

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

That sister was annoyed the entire conversation. lol

joined Feb 23, 2016

Always listen to the advice of a tipsy Big sister ~(⌐■_■)b

last edited at Mar 29, 2017 4:00PM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

GLORIOUS chapter. Mochi is the trope subverter we've all been waiting for.

Keepallyourgifsinabasket
joined Aug 17, 2013

By the way, this is a manga about two girls who like each other and each know they like the other
So there isn't really much conflict unless they have something preventing them from wanting to confess
There's no, "what is this feeling?" or denial in any way
And it's not as fun if it isn't dragged out a little bit, eh? We all complain about 'get to the point already' but the build up is what makes it so great when they finally get together.
Point being: not really any other ways to create conflict here, and without conflict this may as well be a one-shot. We're getting a lot of nice fluff being poured into every chapter here so just enjoy it.
(I find the lack of a "what is this feeling" from either of them kind of refreshing actually)

To reply you must either login or sign up.