Forum › Shoujo Kishidan × Knight Tale discussion

The%20scientist%20edit
joined Mar 9, 2013

Why yes, this is within my interests.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Hmmm... I don't know if this is yuri or not.

I don't think you understand that people who tag series usually look at the raws of future chapters. This is Vampiress Lord all over again.

taiyou_scandalous
Imgonline-com-ua-compresstosize-t7xta6axzfsg
joined Jul 20, 2014

ah, lady knights-!
i definitely lost it at the princess carry.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Desu Vult <3

This is the nerdiest pun I've seen so far on this forum. You win, good person on the internet. :D

It's Dark Souls PvP, only real life and with school girl yuri

Not enough giant armor and chaos claymores, though.

joined Mar 23, 2017

So I guess this is the manga that makes me sign up, huh?

On the HEMA, for heavy combat, my club does not take it as one hit = one point, rather you have to 'overwhelm' the opponent. The idea behind it is that in heavy armour, hitting just anywhere won't kill, so only hits where there is no armour count. Which is kind of difficult to get unless the opponent is on the floor, so... to be specific, hits between the gorget and the helmet, and at the armpit are instant kills.
Also, there's a stance with the longsword specifically against heavily armoured opponents, but you basically use it as a blunt weapon.
Also, not all 'medieval combat research' clubs do heavy armour. If you just want to train with the weapons you would need much less gear, especially with certain weapons like a rapier. If anyone is interested, it's easy to find clubs. Helpful search terms are HEMA, SCA or 'period combat'.

On the manga, I hope the fights won't go more absurd than this, but looking forward to it.

Smug%20ass%20fuckgin%20zura
joined Dec 5, 2015

It ain't just any kinda knights, THEY'RE FEMALE KNIGHTS...WITH NOT JUST ANY OLD SLUTTY FANSERVICE BIKINI ARMOR, BUT ACTUAL SHIT THAT CAN PROTECT THEIR ENTIRE BODY

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Also, not all 'medieval combat research' clubs do heavy armour. If you just want to train with the weapons you would need much less gear, especially with certain weapons like a rapier. If anyone is interested, it's easy to find clubs. Helpful search terms are HEMA, SCA or 'period combat'.

I've been in that stuff for SCA combat, it's pretty wild. Your visibility wearing a helm drops a lot.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

well im in love.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

I've been in that stuff for SCA combat, it's pretty wild. Your visibility wearing a helm drops a lot.

That shit sounds wild. How did you get into that?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Went to a demo of various SCA stuff a long ways back and started going to meetings of the local shire (now a Barony). It was a lot of fun, and I met some really fantastic people. Every other week they did fighting practice, for those into that side of it, so I had a few opportunities to try it.

tbh, plate mail is awkward, but since it's distributed all over it doesn't slow you down as much as you'd think.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Jig Pig posted:

Huh, could've sworn c1 got translated a while back. Must've just seen the raws.

I'm pretty sure there was translation of first chapter in spanish or some other language.

FriedBreadfast
Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Went to a demo of various SCA stuff a long ways back and started going to meetings of the local shire (now a Barony). It was a lot of fun, and I met some really fantastic people. Every other week they did fighting practice, for those into that side of it, so I had a few opportunities to try it.

tbh, plate mail is awkward, but since it's distributed all over it doesn't slow you down as much as you'd think.

Aw that is really cool... Dang I should look into ones in my area.

joined Jul 26, 2016

Would assume the name of the school references the 16th-century fencing master Camillo Agrippa, what now with the feminine form of the name. If nothing else he would seem rather more relevant to the topic than a first-century Roman lady...

EDIT: well and there's apparently some minor 3rd-century saint by that name, but by the sounds of it she doesn't have much currency outside Eastern Orthodox circles...

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 2:21PM

Altair Uploader
Reisen%20ds
joined Nov 30, 2016

Hmmm... I don't know if this is yuri or not.

After reading it, I just thought that it was a classic case of unintentional lady-killer swooning girls all over the place by acting like a prince/knight. With lots of blushing, lots of "I will protect you" and "swoooooon", but it will never go beyond a princess carry and a hug.

I'd call that "fake yuri", or "class S" yuri. A la Maria-sama, where it's implied that it's just a harmless youth thing. The setting of an all-girl school with a system of knighthood doesn't plead for real yuri.

And the heavy ecchi content, with panty-shots, naked boobs and molestation pleads for a hentai hungry male demographic target

I will believe it's yuri if the two MC girls ever kiss or acknowledge mutual romantic feelings (and not the side characters).

Maybe some people who read ahead can give more information.

It looks like it could be yuri, it smells like yuri, but as of now, I don't think it deserves the yuri tag.

I started to reply to this, but it got sort of out of hand. Here's my response: http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/12005-the-great-debate-what-defines-yuri

32104671_1715652908533240_2109611648586088448_n
joined Jul 30, 2015

hahaha funny plot!

Nishiki%20gosu%20rori%20dark%20hair%20sm
joined Jan 11, 2015

Quoting myself from the raws thread:

Just finished reading ch5. While so far, I don't think it's amazing, it definitely makes me want to read more.

It seems like it will be a sports manga, of sorts, with the club and characters aiming to become the best.

As for yuri content, it seems like it'll be lighthearted and flirty, with the obligatory sexual harassment between girls, as opposed to "romance".

The art is very nice, and the characters, while not particularly unique, are still cute, and interesting enough that you want to get to know them better. The only complaint I have about the art, is that in the action scenes, it is sometimes a little hard to understand exactly what movement the art is attempting to convey. I wouldn't go as far as to call it "confusing", just that the action parts could be better.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 2:53PM

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

As for yuri content, it seems like it'll be lighthearted and flirty, with the obligatory sexual harassment between girls, as >opposed to "romance".

What a waste. Gonna drop this one I guess. Tags are indeed misleading.

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

I have friends that have been in the SCA for decades. Never was my thing, but then again, I ran around with other nuts dressed up in wool and carrying a rifled-musket to shoot at Confederates so it takes all kinds.

Still, an interesting story, though I probably would have been more interested in it if the Knight had looked like a Viking Shield-Maiden instead of a Hundred Years War/War of the Roses armored tin-can. Gimme Eowyn any day of the week!

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Triarius posted:

As for yuri content, it seems like it'll be lighthearted and flirty, with the obligatory sexual harassment between girls, as >opposed to "romance".

What a waste. Gonna drop this one I guess. Tags are indeed misleading.

I will still read it for the fun, not for the "yuri".

But I don't think it will go further than girls flirting and groping each other in the locker room.

Rx_5_50
joined May 3, 2016

That's a HUGE bitch!!

Also, do I smell a harem coming...?

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I used to fight heavy in the SCA. It was fun. Never got any good, though, mostly because I didn't own a car. Seriously, packing that armour on transit is no picnic.

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 7:00PM

joined Mar 23, 2017

I used to fight heavy in the SCA. It was fun. Never got any good, though, mostly because I didn't own a car. Seriously, packing that armour on transit is no picnic.

That really only happens if you get steel armour. Steel is cool and I personally prefer it, but recently more and more people get ABS (i think) plastic gear, which is lighter, cheaper and easier to manufacture. Of course, it's not authentic, so some circles shun it. But just for practice, there is nothing wrong with it. And it fits into a bag easier.
Also, if you have an established group that you can trust, one person with a big enough car can carry gear for a lot of people.

Also for anyone wondering, under SCA rules, the weapons are strictly blunt, and the tips have to be either folded back, or covered with a plastic tip, as well as said tip must have three different colours, so when it inevitably falls off during combat, the marshall can spot it and call hold. (By three colours I mean white/black for the plastic tip usually + coloured duct tape + the gray of the steel although I have seen black swords.) Which, in the manga did not appear at all.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

My home (Seashire at the time, Barony of Ruantallan now) was known more for its cooks than its fighters. Best garlic bread in the Eastern Kingdom!

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 8:04PM

%23spartasgirl
joined Jul 14, 2016

Also for anyone wondering, under SCA rules, the weapons are strictly blunt, and the tips have to be either folded back, or covered with a plastic tip, as well as said tip must have three different colours, so when it inevitably falls off during combat, the marshall can spot it and call hold.

I never liked the idea of getting whomped on. Not really into the pain thing. ~_^ I've been on the receiving end of bayonet charges by dumbass Confederate reenactors that got a little TOO enthusiastic and that was scary as hell......

joined Mar 23, 2017

Would assume the name of the school references the 16th-century fencing master Camillo Agrippa, what now with the feminine form of the name. If nothing else he would seem rather more relevant to the topic than a first-century Roman lady...

EDIT: well and there's apparently some minor 3rd-century saint by that name, but by the sounds of it she doesn't have much currency outside Eastern Orthodox circles...

Which is funny in an ironic way, because by Agrippa's time heavy armour combat started to become obsolete due to the advances in firearms. Also, his main works focused on rapier fencing, and they revolutionised civilian fencing - in other words, heavy armour was not involved at all.

To reply you must either login or sign up.