Forum › Pulse discussion

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Chapter 43 was easily the worst chapter in this series.

Geez, I think i skipped almost the entire chapter. I mean author was trying to show the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love. but the way she showed it was really poor.

Really disappointed in this chapter.

hahahahaha
good to read your comment
i cant help if you disappointed
but i dont think to compared anything
i dont even thought about the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love

and please do not misunderstand i dont reply your comment because the episode made you disappointed.
but its just because your point wasnt true.

BURRRRNNNNNN

How is that a burn? She made several grammatical errors in her comment. If anything she burned herself :)

I think Khasimir said "burn" cuz it was Ratana who made a point to Ulquiorra's post that they were wrong in their thinking :v

also it's really not nice to make fun of not native English speakers and their grammar :v

It's funny how something that has been discussed not too long ago, the question of someone's interpretation not being necessarily wrong in spite of what the author says, gets a concrete and tangible case on the same forum.

So, has the author the absolute right to state what is wrong and what is true concerning her work ?

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 5:50PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Chapter 43 was easily the worst chapter in this series.

Geez, I think i skipped almost the entire chapter. I mean author was trying to show the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love. but the way she showed it was really poor.

Really disappointed in this chapter.

hahahahaha
good to read your comment
i cant help if you disappointed
but i dont think to compared anything
i dont even thought about the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love

and please do not misunderstand i dont reply your comment because the episode made you disappointed.
but its just because your point wasnt true.

BURRRRNNNNNN

Yeah bro I got very humiliated......

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 3:09PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ulquiorra/Rohan, for the sake of your dignity I recommend walking away.

As to Death Of the Author, a concept in which the content of a work is independent of the author's intent, that doesn't seem to apply to a statement of fact about the author's intent, which said author says "no, I wasn't doing that at all".

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

It's funny how something that has been discussed not too long ago, the question of someone's interpretation not being necessarily in spite of what the author says, gets a concrete and tangible case on the same forum.

So, has the author the absolute right to state what is wrong and what is true concerning her work ?

IMO there is space for interpretation but there are also things that are umm "canon". So in some cases author have absolute right to state what is wrong and what is true :) Like ummm people have their head canons that Mel and Crystal could be a thing in the past but in Ratana's head canon they weren't. So when people asked about it we said "no, they weren't together/didn't have sex". Some people will agree with that some will still think "nah, my headcanon is better".

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Ulquiorra/Rohan, for the sake of your dignity I recommend walking away.

As to Death Of the Author, a concept in which the content of a work is independent of the author's intent, that doesn't seem to apply to a statement of fact about the author's intent, which said author says "no, I wasn't doing that at all".

Oh great when people make fun of it. it's okay but when i do it's not.

Yeah i see how it is. Good day to you, ms.perfect undiscriminating mod.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 3:18PM

joined Feb 10, 2017

The ending conversation was also a very sweet moment between Mel and Lynn that is starting to show the reality of the situation regarding the surgery. Lynn's a bubbly and compassionate individual, but deep down she knows the severity of her condition and the possible outcome, and it probably makes her a little insecure with believing whether she's "good enough" for Mel despite Mel making it clear over and over that she loves Lynn from the bottom of her heart (something she thought she'd never be able to do again). Lynn probably feels Mel could go and love anyone else in the world, but chooses to stay with her despite being so close to death...and that's what makes their relationship so beautiful.

I completely agree. The conversation between Mel and Lynn in this chapter is very important and a great part of what makes the story-telling in Pulse so engaging. The conversation is completely real in relation to real life and shows profound depth of character. It reminds the reader that this is a love story in a world of different relationships.

Personally, I think the relationship between Mel and Lynn is so well written that it transcends the current story arc. It's a good sign when the reader would be just as happy reading about their everyday adventures (date, grocery store, anything, etc.). You want to know ever more about the characters. LOL In television, that's when a series easily becomes a candidate for syndication.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

@rts1519

Out of all the shit things I've ever said on Dynasty, This one would take the cake. If I had known that it was you I would've slapped myself in the face for even thinking of such a shitty comment to make. Right now I would punch myself in the face for saying something so awful to a well respected author like you, But my body is trembling to much to muster up any strength to make a fist. I am incredibly sorry for ripping on you, I am incredibly sorry for making a "joke" out of it and I'm extremely sorry if I offended you.

Sincerely, Zion (Yeah, I figured I'd sign with my real name because I want be as sincere as possible and to not treat any part of this comment as a joking matter)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

spoiler :v the drama just begins... and no, not "soap opera" style...

joined Jan 8, 2017

spoiler :v the drama just begins... and no, not "soap opera" style...

"The drama just begins..." Yea. And so my coins just begin... Begin to depletes.
⁽ƈ ͡ (ुŏ̥̥̥̥םŏ̥̥̥̥) ु

˚‧º·(˚ ˃̣̣̥᷄⌓˂̣̣̥᷅ )‧º·˚

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

It's funny how something that has been discussed not too long ago, the question of someone's interpretation not being necessarily wrong in spite of what the author says, gets a concrete and tangible case on the same forum.

An important distinction, though: Death of the Author means that you engage a work as though the author didn't/doesn't exist. Rohan didn't do that. Rohan very directly said "I mean author was trying to show..."

Once you start speculating as to the author's intentions, then yeah, the author can come back and say "Nope, that wasn't my intention at all."

The author has the absolute right to state what his/her intentions were when creating the work. That's pretty indisputable.

It's the difference between "I did not take your intended meaning from your work" (valid) and "I know what you REALLY intended when you wrote this" (invalid).

joined Aug 22, 2016

Sigh, this chapter gave me plenty of stomach-sinking feelings. Good, but...

Does Olivia know about Mel's past with Sue?
And just sharing, but... I miss Grace...

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 1:03AM

joined Apr 17, 2015

Just come back and see
OMG too much English make me headache @_@

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
ขออภัยฉันไม่พูดภาษาไทย

You're pretty lucky here tho, SF.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

Ep.42,43 - Sue's fake marriage idea and cheating resulted in an accident and breakup. Such feel of guilt and a broken heart would make most people give up on love like Mel did. But evil b***h ex just can't move on. If I understood right Mel was the only person /"thing" she couldn't completely have control of . And that is the thorn in her psycho ass. David surprised me a bit :) Though I think the new fondness of power and control gave lift to Sue's dark and vengeful side :/
I'm happy Mel opened up to Lynn. Communication is so important and foundation for trust. They are fully aware of ever nearing struggles and now their love is the extra help for taking on anything <3

joined Feb 10, 2017

Random thought:

When are Mel and Lynn's birth dates? It would be sweet to see them celebrate one with an official date. In Mel's words from chapter 5, she would have to make sure that her date was fully content and satisfied right? It doesn't seem like they've had a complete date since they started going steady.

Second Random thought:

What are some of Lynn's hobbies? If I were to try and guess I suppose I could see her sketch/draw because she has such a innate sense of observation. We know she played a video game once and listens to music but there doesn't seem to be a hobby like Mel's ship building. Cooking maybe?

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 2:27PM

joined Jan 6, 2017

What are some of Lynn's hobbies? If I were to try and guess I suppose I could see her sketch/draw because she has such a innate sense of observation. We know she played a video game once and listens to music but there doesn't seem to be a hobby like Mel's ship building. Cooking maybe?

I think she enjoys photography?

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 4:19PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

When are Mel and Lynn's birth dates?

Mel - June 11th
Lynn - April 21st

joined Feb 10, 2017

When are Mel and Lynn's birth dates?

Mel - June 11th
Lynn - April 21st

Cool thanks! Hmm... since recently Lynn's been wearing warmer clothing, I'm guessing that we wouldn't see their birthday's coming up any time soon. Perhaps a Christmas or New Year's celebration? =)

Hmm... exactly what is the timeline for Pulse so far? It feels like everything's been moving at breakneck speed lately.

joined Mar 21, 2017

Mel is definitely one of Lynns hobbies ; )

joined Jan 8, 2017

What are some of Lynn's hobbies?

In one of the extras. When Mel and Lynn goes out for a date. Err... outing together...
Mel states there that Lynn really likes photography. Guess you can say photography is her hobby.

It doesn't seem like they've had a complete date since they started going steady.

In episode 35 there is a flashback there that they are going to somewhere. Might impose that they've dated, though not emphasized.

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 9:04AM

joined Feb 10, 2017

What are some of Lynn's hobbies?

In one of the extras. When Mel and Lynn goes out for a date. Err... outing together...
Mel states there that Lynn really likes photography. Guess you can say photography is her hobby.

It doesn't seem like they've had a complete date since they started going steady.

In episode 35 there is a flashback there that they are going to somewhere. Might impose that they've dated, though not emphasized.

Thanks. I forgot about that. Although she technically only took pictures of Mel I guess it's still a hobby. =)

ep35, true. I'm hoping at some point to see them dressed up a little or see a whole date to see their interaction outside. =)

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
joined Mar 24, 2017

After read latest chapter, why do I fell its gonna be like this, Lynn will end up die in the end, and Mel with Grace?
Lynn in Mel's live, she helps Mel to have ability to fall in love again because at first chapter she is a cold woman,etc. Lynn's function in this story is giving Mel's "pulse" again.. Mel is different now, since she knows and falling in love with Lynn. So after Lynn is gone, maybe she can falling in love again with another women, and i think it would be Grace?

joined Mar 21, 2017

After read latest chapter, why do I fell its gonna be like this, Lynn will end up die in the end, and Mel with Grace?
Lynn in Mel's live, she helps Mel to have ability to fall in love again because at first chapter she is a cold woman,etc. Lynn's function in this story is giving Mel's "pulse" again.. Mel is different now, since she knows and falling in love with Lynn. So after Lynn is gone, maybe she can falling in love again with another women, and i think it would be Grace?

As depressing as that is i feel like something similar will happen. I really like Lynn so hope it's not the case.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

Ep.44 - No,no,no Lynn won't die. Come on people be a bit more positive :) I highly doubt it. Specially becouse of all they have been through. I think Lynn's death would only cause Mel to completely shut down and lose all faith in the world . So no. Not in this story :)
I think the name Pulse maybe something like getting pulse back after almost dying during operation. Or our pulses going crazy with every episode lol . It's a good name for this story :)
Sue fantasizing about Mel. Well that's all you gonna get from her >:( And I wonder how Renny will react to the relationship. Grace came by. Maybe she can lift Mel's spirit a bit .As a friend ofcourse :)

last edited at Mar 24, 2017 6:13PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.