Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Next volume is odd-numbered, so it should be half about them. Probably.

Anyway, updated the chart.

wut

…So, after polyamory, Canno will tackle the untrodden territory of girl × honey crepe romance, huh.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 7:20AM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

I've lost track of the main couple and story a long time ago. I only came here for the polyamory tag and wow. That was really....really.....cute. Wow.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

…So, after polyamory, Canno will tackle the untrodden territory of girl × honey crepe romance, huh.

Lmao As long as that honey crepe is female, it's yuri approved.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Thanks! Is there a possibility to pin that post somehow, so it's always visible?

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

I'm confused. Are they in a polyamorous relationship now, or had Nina just never heard of being in a relationship while also having friends?

Yeah, actually that kind of perplexes me as well. Sure, I can kind of buy that Nina likes Ryou romantically, but when did Ryou come to like Nina? LOL. She's a fan of Shinya (and I can totally see them working out if there was more development), but... this is kind of a stretch.

At this point, Ryou is just there so she can just nod her head and be like "Yep, I'm cool with everything."

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 2:11PM

Hyewon%20blush-1%2041
joined Dec 15, 2013

Next volume is odd-numbered, so it should be half about them. Probably.

Wow great chart, thanks for doing it up! I love the lines between Yurine and Ayaka! I can't wait for the both of them to be in a box.

And yes I'd like to read more Ayaka/Yurine. They're still my favourite couple and why i keep reading this, actually.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 2:19PM

I was just thinking that we are more close to the graduation of Moe and Mizuki

joined Mar 21, 2017

Great chart. Especially when catching up after a long time.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…True, they're in Winter apparently, so that might be the next event. =O Losing Mizuki might actually be a good catalyst for Ayaka's development.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Wow great chart, thanks for doing it up! I love the lines between Yurine and Ayaka! I can't wait for the both of them to be in a box.

I am always comforted by the fact that Canno seems to love Ayaka when she does side art.

Amane reminds me of an underdeveloped Suwako-san from Sakamoto Mano's work:
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/a_space_voyage_with_suwako_san#9

Except part of Suwako's likability is she isn't covered by some thin veil of supposed polyamory/OT3. She just IS with everyone and there's no OT3 magic. In this arc we are seeing one thing happen and being told it's another and it needs these two things line up.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 6:00PM

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Eh. I'm not really expecting much from Canno, narrative-wise, so it's enough for it to be conceptually cute with some cute designs. I'm just waiting for her to get back to the main couple;;

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

Eh. I'm not really expecting much from Canno, narrative-wise

Y'know it seems like Canno's stories always have good ideas, but she always seems to mess them up just a little bit, and include at least one frustrating element that you wish had been different. I wonder if this is due to poor planning, or some kind of intended irony?

yuriforeverandalways
Yuri%202%20copy
joined Feb 14, 2017

That was really cute

I don't know why the recent arc is getting so much hate.

Almost as good as the future trunk arc in DBZ and DBS

Dsgsdfgdf4
joined Dec 15, 2014

I really really love & appreciate the polyamory which, thankfully, ended up seeming pretty healthy
(which i was super not expecting considering how basically the entire arc save the last few pages went)
But, like everyone else has said, canno's admittedly not the BEST writer. Or at least, she doesn't usually do a fantastic job at executing her otherwise good ideas. Either way, I would have preferred more development between ryou and nina, because I def am super interested in their dynamic and and disappointed by the buildup (or lack thereof).
But none of that really matters, because I'll take my cute yuri polyamory any day.

joined Mar 15, 2017

That was really cute

I don't know why the recent arc is getting so much hate.

Almost as good as the future trunk arc in DBZ and DBS

good?
seriously dude?

Future trunks arc is literally the worst plot hole in Dragon Ball History :P
like Ever xD

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Y'know it seems like Canno's stories always have good ideas, but she always seems to mess them up just a little bit, and include at least one frustrating element that you wish had been different. I wonder if this is due to poor planning, or some kind of intended irony?

Well, she did say she wasn't very good at planning ahead. Not sure if it's in general or even within the arcs though. Her insistence in doing only short arcs is more crippling than a lack of planning I think.

Bonus goodies.

Melon

OT3

Yoshimura Kana

I choked when I saw who was the author of the last image. XD

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 5:58AM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Whoa dude, is that Yoshimura Kana?
Yurine's hair, he does like this thing, I recognise the way he drew it
Oh my god wait there's a bunch of Hinakos behind Ayaka

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

That last image... Seriously?

Amane has pink hair?

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 9:08AM

^ In the volume's cover her hair is brown

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

Eels. Why did it have to be eels.

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Amane has pink hair?

And it was silver in the chap 26 cover… So she's a mutant it seems.

What are they? =O I'm not familiar with that author…

last edited at Mar 22, 2017 10:38AM

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Exotic pets

Icon%20lily
joined Jan 20, 2015

Rushed and underwhelming, feels like there is a chapter missing between 29 and 30. Amane's feelings are never justified, she seems way too damn flaky to even consider to have serious romantic interest in anyone. It seems she will take any girl that gives her a suggestive look, spells problems for them in the future. Nina all the sudden falling for Ryou is jarring, it never establishes whether or not Ryou even likes Nina romantically.

I can appreciate Canno attempting to represent a polyamory trio but this arc was just a mess.

Also, as stable and equal a triangle they're in right now, does Amane still consider herself as being open to new relationships? If so, would the other two be fine with that? I can see Ryou being okay, since she was more accepting than anyone of Amane's ideas and personality, but Nina struggled a lot more, and I sort of feel like she was only able to accept Amane being with Ryou because she also wanted to be with Ryou and Amane. It's kind of a unique circumstance for her. Unless Amane has changed her mind after learning how much Nina has been hurting, and now wants to be exclusive to Nina and Ryou. But that sort of contradicts her philosophy of love as being free and multifaceted. I guess it's fine for her to change, but I feel increasingly unsatisfied not knowing one way or the other.

Yeah, these three are definitely going to need some follow up chapters.

I'm confused. Are they in a polyamorous relationship now, or had Nina just never heard of being in a relationship while also having friends?

Looks like other people agree with me on this one
3 chapters doesn't feel like enough this, maybe 4 or 5 would be better

Amane falls in love with others easily, will she stop with these two?
When did Nina suddenly fall in love with Ryou? and why didn't she just tell Amane, since she was okay with it?
How does Ryou feel about Nina? did Ryou even agree to date both of them?

If nothing else. We need a definitive chapter to wrap up all loose ends

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

What are they? =O I'm not familiar with that author…

In Murciélago, there's a girl named Hinako who's sometimes drawn like a smoll cuddly chibi (the 'creatures' behind Ayaka, basically). The link Gudetamago provides is a good example of the 'gag', though used to a certain extreme (unrelated to Murciélago's plot)

last edited at Mar 23, 2017 10:45PM

joined Feb 1, 2013

Amane has pink hair?

And it was silver in the chap 26 cover… So she's a mutant it seems.

The author is a f***ing maniac. The fact that Murcielago got licensed blows my mind, considering how puritanical censorship laws are in the US... The manga features (among other things) EXTREME graphic violence, child-murder, mental corruption, obvious under-age sex, rape, and so on (all the sex-related stuff is like 99.9% yuri).

But he draws a wide and varied range of attractive/cute girls/women... and there's good dark comedy mixed in.

To reply you must either login or sign up.