Forum › A Kiss And A White Lily discussion

joined May 12, 2015

Yup, Poly still triggers me. Watching the dynamics play out was annoying, but if that's your thing that's fine I guess.

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

If Amane were flighty she wouldn't have gone out of her way to fight for her relationship with Nina despite Nina going out of her way to be as difficult as possible she would have said "Oh, well what can you do" and moved on to someone else. Just because she is romantically attracted to multiple partners doesn't mean she isn't dedicated to those partners.

Except she did exactly that with Izumi. Amane shows no dedication at all to the girls she likes. Even with Nina, Amane is completely fine with breaking up as long as it's what Nina wanted.

No, Izumi literally rejected her point-blank and she respected that like any decent human being would. Like, you seem to think respecting the wishes of the people you care about translates to a lack of dedication when in reality it means you care about them enough to put their wants ahead of your own.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 6:47PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

Except she did exactly that with Izumi. Amane shows no dedication at all to the girls she likes. Even with Nina, Amane is completely fine with breaking up as long as it's what Nina wanted.

She was ready to break up with Nina if they both realized things weren't gonna work, that doesn't mean she wanted it to happen. Amane doesn't want to force anyone to agree with her views. Izumi had no intention to, so there was no point in pursuing her.

Smollmboye
joined Sep 25, 2013

Very cute resolution to the story. I liked it a lot.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No, Izumi literally rejected her point-blank and she respected that like any decent human being would. Like, you seem to think respecting the wishes of the people you care about translates to a lack of dedication when in reality it means you care about them enough to put their wants ahead of your own.

Except Izumi didn't reject her point blank. She accepted the ribbon at first and eventually gave it back, Amane then put in zero effort to see if she could change her mind. Amane is as flaky as they come, she easily falls in love and just as easily falls out.

She was ready to break up with Nina if they both realized things weren't gonna work, that doesn't mean she wanted it to happen. Amane doesn't want to force anyone to agree with her views. Izumi had no intention to, so there was no point in pursuing her.

Of course she doesn't want to break up with Nina, Amane falls in love with everyone and wants them to love her back. The thing is that she easily falls in love and just as easily is willing to break up. She puts in zero effort to keep her established relationships. She is fully willing to break up the moment things go sour, and if everyone did that with their relationships then no one would stay together that long.

Amane doesn't even want a true polyamory, she just wants an open relationship. She doesn't care whether her girlfriends like each other, she doesn't even ask Nina's permission before deciding to add another relationship. Only in this instance did it work out because Nina magically grew such strong feelings for Ryou that she couldn't choose which girl she wanted the most.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 7:09PM

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

Except Izumi didn't reject her point blank. She accepted the ribbon at first and eventually gave it back, Amane then put in zero effort to see if she could change her mind. Amane is as flaky as they come, she easily falls in love and just as easily falls out.

She gave it back with a pretty clear and concise "Thanks, but no thanks there's someone else I love" and it would have been really insensitive to try to "change her mind" about that. One of Amane's clearest traits is her strong respect for how and who other people love probably because she knows how much it sucks when she's disrespected for how she does. She trusts that people know what they want better than she does and doesn't try to impose her desires upon them.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 7:17PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

Honestly, this whole arc was so rushed that you can read pretty much whatever you want into Amane's personality, at this point. I honestly don't think there's enough of her to say anything concrete.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

She gave it back with a pretty clear and concise "Thanks, but no thanks there's someone else I love" and it would have been really insensitive to try to "change her mind" about that. One of Amane's clearest traits is her strong respect for how and who other people love probably because she knows how much it sucks when she's disrespected for how she does. She trusts that people know what they want better than she does and doesn't try to impose her desires upon them.

Except Amane's whole shtick is that people should be able to love multiple other people. Why wouldn't she try to change her mind by trying to convince her that it's possible to love multiple people? It has nothing to do with respect, if she was actually in love with Izumi why not even argue with her for the chance to be with her? It's because she didn't actually love her, she just wanted to add another girl to her harem and it didn't work out.

If everybody gave up as fast as Amane at the first sign of disinterest then there wouldn't be the large majority of romance stories in the world. Bloom into You would have been a one shot.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Of course she doesn't want to break up with Nina, Amane falls in love with everyone and wants them to love her back. The thing is that she easily falls in love and just as easily is willing to break up. She puts in zero effort to keep her established relationships. She is fully willing to break up the moment things go sour, and if everyone did that with their relationships then no one would stay together that long.

Amane doesn't even want a true polyamory, she just wants an open relationship. She doesn't care whether her girlfriends like each other, she doesn't even ask Nina's permission before deciding to add another relationship. Only in this instance did it work out because Nina magically grew such strong feelings for Ryou that she couldn't choose which girl she wanted the most.

I don't know if it was ever explicitly made for us to see it this way, but I was getting these vibes all over. I think there may be some leeway where the other readers who enjoyed this section a lot can see things their way and fill in gaps.

However there are a lot of gaps and I myself am not convinced. I have to agree with Cannibal that this is much more "open relationship" territory than "polyamory" if we are going to define polyamory as everyone involved being committed to the relationship. I mean, what if Amane goes and gives a fourth red ribbon to an as yet unintroduced girl? What are Ryou and Nina going to do then?

Now, this could be fixed, explored, etc. but as it stands it is missing pieces. However, Canno did tie it up enough that quite a few readers can enjoy it more than I can and I am glad for that because it's not like it was complete trash or Amane is terrible human being, but if we're not wearing poly yuri goggles it just isn't enough.

Honestly, this whole arc was so rushed that you can read pretty much whatever you want into Amane's personality, at this point. I honestly don't think there's enough of her to say anything concrete.

Yeah kinda feel like some Yuri magic saved the day. Amane's outfit was super cute this chapter at least.

Also, RYOU WHY DO YOU KEEP SNITCHING ON NINA??? I think it was supposed to show how open Ryou is with Amane but in the end it just felt like Nina was alone in the world and couldn't trust anyone. It left an odd taste in my mouth.

Last Note: The taking clothes off bath scene was really good. Awkward tension was great. Gives me hope we can get more scenes like that for other characters such as Yurine and Ayaka. We know they've taken a bath together but IT WAS SKIPPEDDDDD SKJDHFDJSBFDJ.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 8:00PM

Capture%20sakukallen
joined Apr 17, 2015

…Well at least this arc succeeded in springing up a lot of discussions. X)

Last Note: The taking clothes off bath scene was really good. Awkward tension was great. Gives me hope we can get more scenes like that for other characters such as Yurine and Ayaka. We know they've taken a bath together but IT WAS SKIPPEDDDDD SKJDHFDJSBFDJ.

;3

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Kitsune Inari posted:

Would the resolution to Amane x Nina x Ryou in ch30 count for the Polyamory tag?

I suggested it already, but it would be spoilery. It's up to the site admins.

Maybe tag the last 3 chapters, as it's pretty much the main theme of this arc

Megu
joined Mar 22, 2014

This is the vibe I got as well - that their relationship only worked because the pieces magically came together (Ryou coming to understand Amane's concept of love and Nina falling in love with Ryou). Had it been someone else that wasn't Ryou, would this still have worked out? It was also amusing to see Amane drag Ryou into her reconciliation with Nina without even letting Ryou have a say in all of it even if she is okay with it. "Oh yeah, it's cool that you need Ryou because she's totally fine with it too."

This whole arc was really rushed and left a sour taste in my mouth. I believe that Amane's feelings for Ryou and Nina are genuine. I don't think she's disrespectful, pushy or gives up too easily, but wow, she's SUPER lucky that both Ryou and Nina are okay with it and that they all love each other. On top of that, it somehow feels like Ryou and Nina are the ones who love each other (due to their interests and how they mesh) and they just randomly like Amane for the sake of plot. ;(

joined Jan 17, 2017

That was adorable ;u; It didn't feel forced to me, and also I got a lot of polyam validation out of it

Download202001sdsfsfdsfsdfdsfdsfs02154639
joined Apr 18, 2016

I like OT3--when it's engaged with all parties. But man this, this was stupid and noncommittal. Sure, you're a special little snowflake so I'll let you float around to whoever you want as long as you give me a little spot in your heart. Gag me with a spoon, leaves an incredibly bad taste in my mouth.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 11:59PM

joined Sep 11, 2014

Is the recent arc good? Tempted to read again but I don't want to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

We got our threesome ending for them :3

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I'm confused. Are they in a polyamorous relationship now, or had Nina just never heard of being in a relationship while also having friends?

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

I'm confused. Are they in a polyamorous relationship now, or had Nina just never heard of being in a relationship while also having friends?

It's a polyamorous relationship.

Ran-lossy
joined Mar 22, 2015

Is the recent arc good? Tempted to read again but I don't want to leave a bad taste in my mouth.

Depends. If you love poly stuff or are poly, you may like it a lot.

If you have high standards for chemistry, prefer not having deus ex machinas, prefer monogamy (not even necessarily dislike poly), or aren't really that down with open relationships, etc. you may want to sit this arc out.

Really what it comes down to is that instead of being an OT3, it turned into an open relationship that, due to pieces magically falling into place, moonlights as poly-amorous relationship.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 1:33AM

joined Sep 11, 2014

Depends. If you love poly stuff or are poly, you may like it a lot.

If you have high standards for chemistry, prefer not having deus ex machinas, prefer monogamy (not even necessarily dislike poly), or aren't really that down with open relationships, etc. you may want to sit this arc out.

Really what it comes down to is that instead of being an OT3, it turned into an open relationship that, due to pieces magically falling into place, moonlights as poly-amorous relationship.

Ah, should've expected this from Canno. Thank you very much for the info, I'll skip then.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I was hoping for more chapters to flesh out the characters and their relationship, but I guess not. Amane is still an underdeveloped character whose view on love I'm still not completely sold on, Ryou becomes more of an enlightened plot device rather than a relatable character after her initial chapter, & Nina, while is better characterized & developed than the other 2, still really could've benefitted from more chapters for more believability.

I was leaning towards Nina x Ryou last chapter, but seriously, I'm not even completely sold on those two either. Last chapter can serve as a good start to their relationship, but not as something that can convince me they're now completely in love with each other.

The poly end was ok, I'm not against it, but I'm not really caring for it either, or any of the characters at all, tbh. It's commendable that Canno tries to tackle a poly relationship in 3 chapters, but eh, it didn't work out quite well in the end. But hey, we might still get to see more of these three later on like with the other couples, so I might end up liking them & their relationship then.

joined Mar 15, 2017

I love you so much, Amane.
but I also need Hiruma.
I cant forgive myself for it
all I wanted was to care about you...
and you.

what the hell?? there was no build up to this shit at all. it just came out of nowhere :P
Listen girl, dont get me wrong, I perfectly understand that you're contradicting yourself. Nina, I know that you feel sad but.. this??

holy shit Nina, that was.. excessive-_-
and btw Nina, you're too young to be having existential crisis. we're not talking about marriage and stuff aren't we? Save it for your Thirty *pfft,, just keep it casual ok? there are too much emotional here-,-
Im not gonna lie, Im starting to view things more in Amane's way. I think Amane is just casual person. so, she just wants to maintain casual relationship with anyone. no more no less.

wait, what? wait a minute.. what just happened??
this chapter is so deep , there's so many things going on :P

it keeps getting better and better :P
again, it just came out of the blue. well... its given tho' considering how casual bitch person Amane really is.
if I were Ryou, there will be blood for sure. it'll rain blood. xD

and they lived happily ever after..I guess(?).
but I doubt that will happen, I had a feeling that Amane is also calculating person. she would eventually get married with a man of course. then leaving Ryou and Nina in purgatory world. I m looking forward to see that shit happen Lol

Final score, Amane x Ryou x Nina arc is suck. I'll give it 5/10.

last edited at Mar 21, 2017 4:15AM

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

Ch. 30: Polygamy. Love it. Go with it. Now bring back Ayaka and Yurine.

lazylikeyourass
Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

I just want this manga to be about the first couple again. I didn't enjoy the poly arc, I don't like Amane, and I don't understand Yuunagi's need for Ryou. I feel like they need more chapters for a good conclusion.

To reply you must either login or sign up.