Forum › It Would Be Great if You Didn't Exist discussion

joined Jan 8, 2014

oh no!! ... I really, really hope that he doesn't go crazy stalker, and just ends up normal stalker... lol, ok all stalkers are defo crazy, but in the manga's there's the stalker who's like just a stalker and then the stalker who like goes nuts with a knife, or some other shit you'd seen in a movie or something ...
((I also hope that it we get more story between "daisy and rose" for the next ch, instead of being diverted to daisy and daisy's ex(stalker) story ^_^))
thanks for scantalating!

joined Jan 8, 2014

A quick correction: Guk-Hwa's name means chrysanthemum, not daisy

lol, prob easier to fit in the speech bubble >.< lol
but it was a fast translation so we could see the next ch ^_^

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

And now we've got a man killing his ex-lover on the news and a chain-smoking stalker in the hallway. Just what this story needed.

Nothing ratchets up the suspense quite like a gun! Or however that quote goes.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

And now we've got a man killing his ex-lover on the news and a chain-smoking stalker in the hallway. Just what this story needed.

Nothing ratchets up the suspense quite like a gun! Or however that quote goes.

I believe it went something like, "If the plot is going nowhere, have a man walk through a door with a gun in his hand." I don't think that's the issue here, however. :D

joined May 1, 2013

I've tried to read this a couple of times, and I just cannot follow it. I have no idea what's going on. Am I alone, here?

joined Sep 2, 2015

Well I had no idea what was happening half the time chapter 29-37 were so good, can't wait for a real translation that I can understand ;)

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Just as good as the last! Don't know if they are only teasing to go on this dark route or if we really are dealing with a dangerous person. Not sure why we need it but I remain open-minded to the possibility that this is something the could the story use. Again. Not sure how unless it involves a bat.

joined Sep 21, 2015

I hope this is sorted out rapidly so their relationship will evolve. I really like their conversations and the path that's taking (even tough the difficulties due to the translation) so I'm with you: no need for blood in this story.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If the title were It Would Be Great If "I" Don't Exist, I would have guessed that the "I" were referring to Gukhwa, but since it's "You", it gives me no clue.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

If the title were It Would Be Great If "I" Don't Exist, I would have guessed that the "I" were referring to Gukhwa, but since it's "You", it gives me no clue.

I think the title is more alluding to the tsundereness of the main characters at the start. Though i'm not sure that is the actual title of the Manhwa.

How do you relate the tittle to the tsundereness of the main characters at the start?

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I've tried to read this a couple of times, and I just cannot follow it. I have no idea what's going on. Am I alone, here?

I feel like I can see sorta the overall outline of the thing, but I'm having a hard time grasping the step-by-step chronology.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

How do you relate the tittle to the tsundereness of the main characters at the start?

I think i worded it a bit wrong should have just said "I think the title is more alluding to the tsundereness of the main characters"

The title itself is hostile and tsundere trope characters are generally initially hostile from what i understand before they start to open up. So if they are having feelings towards each other of a "liking" nature wouldn't it make sense for them to blame the other therefore wishing the other didn't exist so they wouldn't have to feel that warmer side. Remember a tsundere character doesn't know they are fitting into a tsundere trope. Not sure if that made sense.

I'm not so sure about tsundere's way of thinking. But wishing the other not to exist just so that they wouldn't have to feel that warmer side is a little too much. I would expect that from yandere instead.

joined Sep 2, 2015

That and At the start of the story it refers to Guk Hwa wishing Jang Mi didn't exist because she ruined her relationship with the douche
It then of course is related to Guk Hwa's emotional issues that surface after like chapter 29 I believe
But on top of all that I think there's something we have yet to see that's gonna relate better to the title

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

I think i worded it a bit wrong should have just said "I think the title is more alluding to the tsundereness of the main characters"

The title itself is hostile and tsundere trope characters are generally initially hostile from what i understand before they start to open up. So if they are having feelings towards each other of a "liking" nature wouldn't it make sense for them to blame the other therefore wishing the other didn't exist so they wouldn't have to feel that warmer side. Remember a tsundere character doesn't know they are fitting into a tsundere trope. Not sure if that made sense.

I'm not so sure about tsundere's way of thinking. But wishing the other not to exist just so that they wouldn't have to feel that warmer side is a little too much. I would expect that from yandere instead.

I'm talking figuratively not literally. If they literally wanted the other to stop existing then they'd more likely be yandere. I know what i mean, i'm probably just not explaining it to you so that you can understand what i mean.

Tsundere is a character archetype characterized by pragmatic confidence, emotional immaturity, and aggressive denial of the latter in light of the former. When liking another person, a tsundere becomes trapped in a cognitive dissonance between her (the trope is gender-neutral, but both subjects in this case are female, so I'll stick to this pronoun) overall confidence and not actually knowing what to do with her feelings. This results in rapid cycles of often unconscious denial--of her feelings (the tsuntsun episodes) and of her own nature (the deredere episodes)--during interactions with the target of her affections, which continues until she overcomes her emotional immaturity and embraces her inexperience in order to discover this new side of life.

In this case, the title has several meanings (see spoilers above), but one legitimate way to read it is as an (subconscious) expression of Guk-Hwa's attitude towards Jang-Mi after she starts feeling attracted to her, but before she stops unconsciously denying these feelings because of preconceived notions about Jang-Mi that resulted from the way they initially met each other. In a classic tsundere fashion, Guk-Hwa correctly identifies Jang-Mi as the leading cause of her highly uncomfortable cognitive dissonance, but instead of resolving it in a rational and mature fashion, she instead wishes Jang-Mi had never entered her life in the first place. In other words, this reading of the title is not a yandere's practical intent to literally destroy a rival, but a tsundere's childish attempt to resolve her basic personality conflict by basically wishing it away.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 2:48AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

You are welcome. :-)

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

In other words, this reading of the title is not a yandere's practical intent to literally destroy a rival, but a tsundere's childish attempt to resolve her basic personality conflict by basically wishing it away.

This title somehow gives me a really sad feeling, my guess about it is pretty heart-rending. I hope I'm wrong and you are right about it.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 8:04AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Tsundere is a character flaw that stands between a character and happiness.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

In other words, this reading of the title is not a yandere's practical intent to literally destroy a rival, but a tsundere's childish attempt to resolve her basic personality conflict by basically wishing it away.

This title somehow gives me a really sad feeling, my guess about it is pretty heart-rending. I hope I'm wrong and you are right about it.

Just the title or the general feeling you get from adult manhwas since most thrive on drama haha.

At first, I didn't pay attention to the title at all, but now that I have had a high expectation on this manhwa because I like the art, storyline, character personalities,..., the title somehow hits me in the heart.

joined Sep 2, 2015

The new chapter :0

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 7:04PM

Nnooooo they know how to keep using cliffhangers to make me go crazy for the next chapters!!! >_<

Grtertet
joined Aug 24, 2014

the progression in this series is so slow its annoying... im always waiting for another chapter and when its finally there not much is happening...

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I really hope this isn't going somewhere awful. In almost every Korean romance comic I've read, some guy (or sometimes a woman) does something horrific and illegal (assault, rape, attempted rape, threatening someone's family, blackmail, etc.) and NO ONE EVER GOES TO THE POLICE. Even when the police get involved, THE VICTIM DOESN'T PRESS CHARGES, rationalizing it with some bullshit, like "as long as they stay away from me from now on, it's enough".

Aside from my rant, this is just a really tired and cliche plot development that has nothing to do with the actually interesting parts of the story and just serves to create meaningless suspense.

last edited at Mar 20, 2017 2:33PM

joined May 1, 2013

Oh, that's why this comic makes no sense. It takes place in an alternate universe, as evidenced by the fact that the characters live in a world where chicken makes your face puffy.

Img_2543
joined Feb 28, 2013

I really hope this isn't going somewhere awful. In almost every Korean romance comic I've read, some guy (or sometimes a woman) does something horrific and illegal (assault, rape, attempted rape, threatening someone's family, blackmail, etc.) and NO ONE EVER GOES TO THE POLICE. Even when the police get involved, THE VICTIM DOESN'T PRESS CHARGES, rationalizing it with some bullshit, like "as long as they stay away from me from now on, it's enough".

Aside from my rant, this is just a really tired and cliche plot development that has nothing to do with the actually interesting parts of the story and just serves to create meaningless suspense.

Sadly that horrific stuff is a trope unto itself in a whole subset of television, in Soap Operas, Telenovella, K-Drama, etc.

It filters into the literary side of things as well sometimes. Whilst I love me some drama sometimes, I see the stuff you mention in a story and it loses any kind of dramatic tension and becomes almost Dadaist in its silliness.

There was an era of yuri, where almost every story had the most ludicrous "drama" tacked on, and inevitably one of the leads would either die of a "mysterious disease", get sexually assaulted, or decide they needed a "normal life" and marry some random guy.

And Korean (and some Chinese) wlw stuff seems to be going through that phase right now.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

How far through are you?

I'm just talking about what's been translated and presented so far on this site (that's all I've read). So purely speculating about further developments. But the ex-boyfriend turning into a crazy stalker is simply boring, and contributes nothing to this story. The main plot is much more interesting than this kind of tired cliche.

Sadly that horrific stuff is a trope unto itself in a whole subset of television, in Soap Operas, Telenovella, K-Drama, etc.

Agreed. I don't mind it if it's well-developed. After all, people are assaulted in real life, and often they find themselves unwilling or unable to go to the authorities. I do know people who have had horrible things done to them, and in an attempt to forget them and return to their normal lives, they try to pretend that it never happened.

However, the way it's presented in fiction is often really aggravating because it's somehow shown to be the "right" thing to do - that declining to press charges on the stalker/serial-rapist goes somehow makes you the better person, when in reality it's a personal failure that (though understandable - not blaming people who suffer for the decisions they make out of fear) could condemn the next victim to the same fate.

Hopefully this story is going in a different direction. But I'm already irritated enough that her decision to give him back his ring instead of pawning it to cover his debt was somehow shown as liberating. That plus this stalking plot-line have triggered some warning signals for me.

To reply you must either login or sign up.