Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

hahahahaha
good to read your comment
i cant help if you disappointed
but i dont think to compared anything
i dont even thought about the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love

and please do not misunderstand i dont reply your comment because the episode made you disappointed.
but its just because your point wasnt true.

When I said i skipped the chapter. I meant Sue's screentime. I did read the last pages though.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well, if you truly skipped reading the entire chapter, then you probably missed out on some of the reveals from the context in it.

I honestly was wondering how Sue got into BDSM in the first place, and this chapter shows the surprising and unexpected introduction to it. From there, we learn (or maybe I'm wrong with this thought) that this newfound sense of "dominance" helped fill the satisfaction that Mel could never really fulfill no matter how much love she gave to her (and she had alluded to this in an earlier chapter).

The ending conversation was also a very sweet moment between Mel and Lynn that is starting to show the reality of the situation regarding the surgery. Lynn's a bubbly and compassionate individual, but deep down she knows the severity of her condition and the possible outcome, and it probably makes her a little insecure with believing whether she's "good enough" for Mel despite Mel making it clear over and over that she loves Lynn from the bottom of her heart (something she thought she'd never be able to do again). Lynn probably feels Mel could go and love anyone else in the world, but chooses to stay with her despite being so close to death...and that's what makes their relationship so beautiful.

I love the storytelling in Pulse, but sometimes I feel that some readers (not calling out anyone specific, just generalizing) are only invested in reading for "hot sexy scenes" and forget that there's even a story being told. I mean, opinions and negative feedback are totally fine, you don't have to enjoy a chapter or the story itself...but I don't think there's such a thing as "the worst chapter" when it comes to this story because all the scenes have had a purpose in driving the plot and characters together.

I for once was never interested in Sue's life whatsoever. I knew she is a bitch the first time she was introduced. And when we were told how easily she left Mel for that guy, my remaining 0.1% interest in her character was lost. She can die in a hellhole for all i care.

I still like Pulse but i hate that bullshit chracter. And will absolutely skip the scenes she is in. I don't care if they had BDSM or sex scenes, as long as she is there in skipping is there.

And what was the point of creating that bullshit story of how a deceiving bitch got into BDSM? Just waste of time and pages. I wanted to read how Mel is going to do operation of her lover rather that shit character.

If you think there is no worst chapter in a manga or book, then you must be new to reading stories.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

Life can't always be butterflies and rainbows. Some people enjoy reading about "bad" characters.
Something not being on your taste doesn't make it bad storytelling.
I on the other hand think Sue made this more interesting. I agree she is a bad person, but there is difference. It is not black and white.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^
Don't begin to argue with them, Ulquiorra, it's coming from someone who enjoys Netsuzou Trap. It's just going to lead to a dialogue of the deaf whose finality will be Nez's intervention if it turns out of control. It's Pulse kek, as gorgeous as Ratana Satis's art is, the plot itself has never been deep to the point it can trigger debates or have different interpretations, even if I concede it's enjoyable and not uninteresting for all that.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Life can't always be butterflies and rainbows. Some people enjoy reading about "bad" characters.
Something not being on your taste doesn't make it bad storytelling.
I on the other hand think Sue made this more interesting. I agree she is a bad person, but there is difference. It is not black and white.

Well, i guess I'm not one of those people then.

But unnecessary things like telling why a bad character got into BDSM, which has nothing to do with the actual story, does make it bad storytelling.

She could have made interesting but as of right now she is adding nothing to the story but adding sterotype of bi being bad and cheating people.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
Don't begin to argue with them, Ulquiorra, it's coming from someone who enjoys Netsuzou Trap. It's just going to lead to a dialogue of the deaf whose finality will be Nez's intervention if it turns out of control. It's Pulse kek, as gorgeous as Ratana Satis's art is, the plot itself has never been deep to the point it can trigger debates or have different interpretations, even if I concede it's enjoyable and not uninteresting for all that.

Yeah i guess i shouldn't. I don't like where this is going esp. to the topic which triggers Nez very easily and she doesn't seem easygoing these days. I still enjoy Pulse just hoping it would go back to the original plot eather stalling time in unnecessary sex scenes and backstories esp. of unwanted characters.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Just sayin', it's hard not to see "ignore that person's arguments because they like something I hate" and "teacher's mean to me because she hates me" as anything but trolling.

Take it elsewhere, please. Tumblr accounts are free.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^

And talk about the devil.

The argument is already dead. So yeah.

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

So now because I like NTR it means everything I say is invalid and makes no sense. Nice logic there mate. Very open minded.

Not gonna comment further in this, because it can get out of hand. And I wouldn't have said anything, but your comment was more of "Sue makes me uncomfortable so she shouldn't exist. And because she exists, this chapter is shit" instead of making valid points why she shouldn't exist in the story.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

So now because I like NTR it means everything I say is invalid and makes no sense. Nice logic there mate. Very open minded.

Not gonna comment further in this, because it can get out of hand. And I wouldn't have said anything, but your comment was more of "Sue makes me uncomfortable so she shouldn't exist. And because she exists, this chapter is shit" instead of making valid points why she shouldn't exist in the story.

Bruh, He clearly stated that he hate's Sue because she acted like an asshole & screwed Mel over. How the hell is that not a valid point on why she shouldn't exist in the story?

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 10:53PM

joined Dec 9, 2014

Bruh, He clearly stated that he hate's Sue because she acted like an asshole & screwed Mel over. How the hell is that not a valid point on why she shouldn't exist in the story?

I didn't say he didn't explain why he hates Sue. I was specifically disagreeing with the fact that just because a character that he dislikes exists in the chapter, the whole chapter is automatically deemed worthless.
And I explained how I personally think bad characters are good for a story. A very basic writing technique for characters says that the more diverse and characters with flaws and vices, the better story and more interesting.

Hating a character is not a valid point of why they shouldn't exist in a story.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^

I already stated that she is bad becuz she is creating a bad stereotype. And also the explanation of her getting into BDSM was unnecessary as hell. Wasted a lot of pages and didn't added anything to character or story. Many people are into BDSM, is explaination really necessary? Absolutely no.

@SF thanks man.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 12:23AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

No. And i'm not discussing it to get a ban from Nez again.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
No problem. My prev. posts about the topic weren't the fav. of mods.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Allow me to clear this up. I didn't say your your argument was invalid, but since you indeed do like NTR, your point of view on Sue and her role makes sense. However, having already talked about NTR and expressed his dislike of it, I can safely state the character of sue is something Ulquiorra is never gonna like, and thus, you wouldn't have been able to be on the same wavelength. You love evil / rotten / manipulative characters, Ulquiorra hates them for the same reason. There's no room for a debate here.

I didn't mean to offend you or to give the impression I would consider your argument invalid because you like something I don't, I just warned Ulquiorra that the comment he was responding to was from someone who loves precisely one of the thing he hates the most.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

You love evil / rotten / manipulative characters, Ulquiorra hates them for the same reason. There's no room for a debate here.

That can't be for the same reason. The evil/rotten/manipulative characters get hated for being evil/rotten/manipulative. People who love them do not love them for that reason. There was a room for debates, but you closed it.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

That can't be for the same reason. The evil/rotten/manipulative characters get hated for being evil/rotten/manipulative. People who love them do not love them for that reason.

Because they seemingly add some depth to a story / the reader can relate to them. Happy now ?

There was a room for debates, but you closed it.

Cveoz_lueaab1ln
joined Feb 5, 2016

That can't be for the same reason. The evil/rotten/manipulative characters get hated for being evil/rotten/manipulative. People who love them do not love them for that reason.

Because they seemingly add some depth to a story / the reader can relate to them. Happy now ?

I'm trying hard to find a reason of why I should be happy here. lol

joined Jan 8, 2017

Chapter 43 was easily the worst chapter in this series.

Geez, I think i skipped almost the entire chapter. I mean author was trying to show the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love. but the way she showed it was really poor.

Really disappointed in this chapter.

hahahahaha

and please do not misunderstand i dont reply your comment because the episode made you disappointed.

BURRRRNNNNNN

joined Dec 9, 2014

Honestly I think that the author added Sue to spice the erotic scenes scenes up as well. Because Pulse is quite heavily based on these too, besides the story.
Also to create drama between Mel and Sue. My guess is she wants to get back at Mel via using Olivia.
So I think these two things are the reason why Sue exists. At least to me it is more interesting than the abusive husband chapter.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

How is that a burn? She made several grammatical errors in her comment. If anything she burned herself :)

I would like to think we're better than ripping on someone for not being perfectly fluent in a second language.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I rarely agree with Nez but she is rigth here. Bashing someone because of their use of english, even in the context of a joke, isn't the best way to make them improve or want to improve, and is rather scornful.

On the other hand, just focusing on your own english and writing properly is a good way to make the non-fluent get better, as reading grammatically correct english will make them write with less mistakes in the long run ;)

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 2:26PM

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

My apologies, My comments can go a little overboard sometime's. Believe me I've learned the hard way........

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 2:20PM

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Chapter 43 was easily the worst chapter in this series.

Geez, I think i skipped almost the entire chapter. I mean author was trying to show the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love. but the way she showed it was really poor.

Really disappointed in this chapter.

hahahahaha

BURRRRNNNNNN

How is that a burn? She made several grammatical errors in her comment. If anything she burned herself :)

I think Khasimir said "burn" cuz it was Ratana who made a point to Ulquiorra's post that they were wrong in their thinking :v

also it's really not nice to make fun of not native English speakers and their grammar :v

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I have this odd image now of Alextasha as a JRPG NPC who has key words in their dialogue show up in blue or red so you don't miss them

To reply you must either login or sign up.