Forum › Yuzumori-san discussion

joined Jul 13, 2014

That moment when elementary schoolers exchanging their glances.

Canaan2
joined May 9, 2013

Like, I imagine that her mother is busy with work and is responsible for making sure Yuzumori has food and clothes and a home, but for fuck's sake hire a damn babysitter. Don't just leave your young child home alone at night so much that it's the damn standard.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

oh. that was sad ;-; poor yuzumori.

Smug
joined Dec 16, 2015

;-;

Also, I just noticed for chapter 13 pg 14, there is a typo...turns out that Mimika can't say school right twice in a row.

joined Aug 22, 2016

So, is this Yuzumori's long lost sister?

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Moral of the story: stay home with your kids more often, or they'll start hanging out with pedophiles.

There are good pedophiles in this world too like Mimika :P

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Rivaru desu ka????????????

Gah1
joined May 25, 2015

:(

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Is Yuzumori-san's mom abandoning her 10(11?)-year-old daughter on her birthday? Because that was my take. Why make a point of "it's just a normal weekday, it's not a special day."

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 10:09PM

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think Mimika is pretty complicated. Not only would she be inclined to wait for Yuzumori-san, but in the meantime the main temptations would be girls Mimika's own age, including her best friend and whoever might be appearing soon. I also think she wouldn't get tired of Yuzumori-san just because she grows up. Her cuteness addiction is really central to Mimika. If Yuzumori buys her enough stuffed animals, they should be fine.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

:)

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 10:45PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

:)

:))

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 12:25AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I know that some parents are irresponsible and leave their kids alone at home. but this trope is much too present in manga. I just can't take it seriously.

Whenever an author needs to make a sad lonely kid, they whip out absent or abusive parents.

Or else bullying. But what else are they going to use? In real life, there are as far as I know (aside from extreme poverty or living in a war zone or like that) only two main factors that make kids sad or lonely: Parents and peers. So if someone came up with something else, it would be perhaps innovative, but it would also probably be unrealistic, or at least unlikely.
It isn't really "whipped out" either--it hasn't been overt, but her personality has definitely hinted at isolation since the beginning.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

I know that some parents are irresponsible and leave their kids alone at home. but this trope is much too present in manga. I just can't take it seriously.

Whenever an author needs to make a sad lonely kid, they whip out absent or abusive parents.

Ler's be honest, bullying is faaaaaaar more obsessively used than parent absent.

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

I thought for a second that they were twins lol

joined Aug 22, 2016

Or else bullying. But what else are they going to use? In real life, there are as far as I know (aside from extreme poverty or living in a war zone or like that) only two main factors that make kids sad or lonely: Parents and peers. So if someone came up with something else, it would be perhaps innovative, but it would also probably be unrealistic, or at least unlikely.
It isn't really "whipped out" either--it hasn't been overt, but her personality has definitely hinted at isolation since the beginning.

What about an illness? This is a genuine cause of suffering, for both kids and their families. I don't see this reason used very often.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

What about an illness? This is a genuine cause of suffering, for both kids and their families. I don't see this reason used very often.

Because illness isn't necessarily a synonym of loneliness. The point of Yuzumori isn't that she is suffering, but that she is alone, and thus sad. And, at least for the yuri featuring an ill character I have in mind, I don't recall any involving a development of their background, and how their families cope with the said illness. Which kinda sucks, tho.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Decided to write a short little review on this:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/yuzumori-san/

It still kinda surprises me that this series is rather liked, I figured it'd be more controversial. I imagine it is to those who are less, eh, "open-minded" though. Anyway, it's a treat of a series isn't it?

joined Aug 22, 2016

Decided to write a short little review on this:
https://terrenceswiff.wordpress.com/2017/03/23/yuzumori-san/

It still kinda surprises me that this series is rather liked, I figured it'd be more controversial. I imagine it is to those who are less, eh, "open-minded" though. Anyway, it's a treat of a series isn't it?

Why are you surprised? Age-gap yuri is an established conservative value.

Shine,%20aru
joined Feb 15, 2016

Why are you surprised? Age-gap yuri is an established conservative value.

Well like I wrote I've seen age-gap yuri before. Only cited one example there but I've read several. What I haven't read is a manga about a lolicon, female or otherwise, quite as "about to explode" as Mimika. A few factors make that aspect probably easier to swallow for most, like how they're both girls, or how Mimika's still a public school student (not for long, and there's still a 7 year gap of course), and the general lighter atmosphere, but a pedo's a pedo and the West always has its pedo scare (like, reviewing Kodomo no Jikan, which in some ways is LESS "iffy" than this since the protagonist doesn't actually like the main heroine that way for a long time got people worked up).

Personally I have no real boundaries for what I'll read aside from probably full on BL, because that's usually aimed very specifically at women, but I usually remind myself that I've also read a lot and thus have a lot less concern. Hence my surprise.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

That's one weird pose. Her upper arm is seriously elongated.

http://yawaspi.com/comic/yuzumori/pc/021/021_001_15.jpg

But at least, she acknowledges that her heart is filled with Mimika

last edited at Mar 26, 2017 6:02PM

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Second part of chapter 16
RAW: http://yawaspi.com/yuzumori/comic/021_001.html
Rough TL: http://pastebin.com/Qgmqewup

A silent prayer for Dumbnut, who must now think of a way to localize "dekkaido"

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

^
Aww that was cute. Really nice to see that.

Mimika is the only important person in Yuzu's life :( Lol at poor crab. Maybe not. I'm hungry now

joined Aug 22, 2016

Second part of chapter 16
RAW: http://yawaspi.com/yuzumori/comic/021_001.html
Rough TL: http://pastebin.com/Qgmqewup

A silent prayer for Dumbnut, who must now think of a way to localize "dekkaido"

Hugekkaido?

To reply you must either login or sign up.