Forum › My Hands are Soiled with that Girl's Blood discussion

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

period

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

It was to short to leave any impact on me whatsoever.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

Lady Macbeth had this same issue. I'm pretty sure it worked out well for her.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

i'm tired to see homura as the villain, or in pain.
will there ever be a good ending for her in an official story?

i think this need the philosofical tag, there's nothing happening, only homura's psicological suffering

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

As much as I agree with lucamarte, I think stories like this are inevitable for homura, since that's the character that was assigned to her.

I do think that these kinds of stories compliment her actions during rebellion, since if we don't assume that she's been through dozens of timelines, her line of thinking during rebellion would make her truly crazy since she rejected the happy ending that she's been waiting for. If she did went through these kinds of stories and others like it, then it would make sense that she would do what she did in rebellion when she heard of the incubator's plans in attempting to control the law of cycles, and ergo, madoka. When ever I watch that scene when kyuubey explains their plans, I think of how homura get's flashbacks of these kinds of timelines and she's like, "oh hell no" and then proceeds to take control of everything herself to secure madoka's safety.

But anyway, that's just what I think. Seriously though, why can't madohomu get lovey dovey stories like kyosaya? :<

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

TimSuu posted:

As much as I agree with lucamarte, I think stories like this are inevitable for homura, since that's the character that was assigned to her.

I do think that these kinds of stories compliment her actions during rebellion, since if we don't assume that she's been through dozens of timelines, her line of thinking during rebellion would make her truly crazy since she rejected the happy ending that she's been waiting for. If she did went through these kinds of stories and others like it, then it would make sense that she would do what she did in rebellion when she heard of the incubator's plans in attempting to control the law of cycles, and ergo, madoka. When ever I watch that scene when kyuubey explains their plans, I think of how homura get's flashbacks of these kinds of timelines and she's like, "oh hell no" and then proceeds to take control of everything herself to secure madoka's safety.

But anyway, that's just what I think. Seriously though, why can't madohomu get lovey dovey stories like kyosaya? :<

Out of every character in the series there's really nobody who better understands just what the Incubators are capable of than Homura. In a way she understands them even better than just having said knowledge too since much of her actions in the series were much the same as theirs too. Ie: Keeping emotions out of things and acting logically. Just in Homura's case she's not truly emotional so her motivation is still based in emotion as well as some of her reactions to the events around her.

Rambling theorizing from this point on:

Also I've said this before in previous post-Rebellion discussions elsewhere on the site but the epilogue scene to the series actually suggests that Madoka's universe isn't sustainable to begin with. The wraiths are explicitly stated to become more powerful and more numerous as time goes on.

And the events at the end of Rebellion could in fact be a combination of things resulting in a sort of perfect storm of circumstances relating to both Madoka and Homura's wishes as well as the universe trying to rebalance itself. Kyuubey explained during the series that wishes aren't something that naturally exist so the universe tries to rebalance itself to said natural state after one is made. So from that point of view Homura becoming a devil at the end of Rebellion could be seen as a natural result of the universe trying to balance itself as Madoka's interference is no longer an issue at that point. (Potentially as a sort of in-between step for getting back to how it originally was or something, though that bit is 100% speculation.)

On top of that you have to keep in mind that Madoka's wish was powerful enough to prevent Madoka herself from becoming a witch as well. So Homura's interference of the Law of Cycles would just cause Madoka's wish to find an alternate path to prevent her from becoming a witch, for example by making her turn into something else altogether. On top of that Homura was no longer suppressing her original wish to be powerful enough to protect Madoka so that could also be a factor.

And above that it's important to note that Homura has never exactly functioned on the same principles as other magical girls to begin with. For her it wasn't a matter of hope and despair. It was a matter of love instead (though it may have started out as a standard hope/despair sort of thing for her) which it's been stated is the one human emotion that the Incubators have no understanding of whatsoever. It's entirely possible that due to that caveat Homura has accidentally found some sort of loophole in the rules that the Incubators' systems run on.

lucamarte posted:

will there ever be a good ending for her in an official story?

I don't think the series is actually going to have a good ending. It was supposed to be a tragedy to begin with so I think the best ending we can hope for in the end is really just a "fresh start" with the story implying that the same thing is just going to happen yet again.

Agreed on being tired of seeing her as the villain or in pain though, for two wildly disparate reasons however. Her always being shown in pain sucks because she's legitimately a good person who is very heavily implied to have suffered for most of her life anyways. Hard not to feel for her under those circumstances. And seeing her depicted as the villain gets old because she's unambiguously not a villain to anyone who actually pays attention to the events of the story and doesn't just take them at face value. Which is an unfortunately all too small portion of the fanbase in my experience. Even her most "evil" moment (trying to kill Sayaka in the series) is really not such a cut and dried event because her logic makes a lot of sense. She does, after all, try to give Sayaka a grief seed to purify her soul gem before settling on having to take her out. And taking her out while she's still a magical girl is a much easier task than doing so after she's become a witch. It's only after she comes to the conclusion that Sayaka's certainly going to become a witch that she decides to take her out now before it becomes a real problem.

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

I like my drama/angst disgustingly long and suffering so this short stuff isn't doing much for me.

Homura's only shown one humongous villainous act in Rebellion and it looked to be just a spur of the moment thing (or lapse of judgement from being a witch) on her part. So to me, she ain't that much of a villain yet. I do love the thought of her as one. Like she could be just the right amount of obsessive and the right amount logical for me. If that makes any sense... and I can't wait for whatever people are planning for her if they're ever going to continue on from Rebellion.

last edited at Mar 19, 2017 3:06AM

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Homu :(

joined Jun 28, 2017

Oh, Homaru! I know you like Madoka's innocence, but you shouldn't keep rewinding time, just so you can take her virginity over and over again.

joined Jun 28, 2017

Amen.
Homaru deserves a happy ending more than anyone.
And not the happy ending the Homaru hating part of the fandom wants her to have, but the happy ending she deserves for her devotion and love for Madoka.

To reply you must either login or sign up.