Forum › Pulse discussion

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Also, a question:

Is Thai the native language of the scanlators, with English as their second language? Or is it the other way around?

Ratana is making script in Thai and we translate it to English and publish at Lezhin later.

I'm just curious if you (the translators) are native Thai speakers or native English speakers.

Our translator is native Thai and our proofreader is native Eng :)

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Well you guys do a bang-up job, and I definitely appreciate you making Ms. Satis' works available for us. I am happy to pay her my 3 Lezhin coins a week for the latest installment.

The reason I asked about the translation, though, was because I notice the words "Dear" and "Darling" being used as terms of endearment between Mel and Lynn (and between Mew and Donut in Lily Love). And I can't speak for any other native English speakers, but those terms of endearment sound very archaic to my Old Guy ears. Like, those are words I'd expect to hear Cary Grant use in a movie from the '50s. I'm not saying that they're the wrong translation of the original Thai, just that hearing it (or reading it) from a modern-day character sounds kind of odd.

It's not a big deal or anything, but you guys are such pros that I thought maybe you'd want to know.

There is also the possibility that I am isolated from the wider "Dear"- and "Darling"-using world out there, and am completely wrong about this. If so, feel free to disregard.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

I think it's just about chracter's speach style :) Mel and Mew just like umm... "old-fashioned" style I think :)

joined Jan 6, 2017

The reason I asked about the translation, though, was because I notice the words "Dear" and "Darling" being used as terms of endearment between Mel and Lynn (and between Mew and Donut in Lily Love). And I can't speak for any other native English speakers, but those terms of endearment sound very archaic to my Old Guy ears. Like, those are words I'd expect to hear Cary Grant use in a movie from the '50s. I'm not saying that they're the wrong translation of the original Thai, just that hearing it (or reading it) from a modern-day character sounds kind of odd.

I think because those terms are considered "old-fashioned" ...at least for modern American standards (unless you're from the South haha, then you might hear a "darlin'" from someone with a southern twang). I tend to hear "babe/baby" and "hun (honey)" used most often between couples nowadays.

joined Oct 4, 2016

(unless you're from the South haha, then you might hear a "darlin'" from someone with a southern twang).

The waitress at Waffle House, for example.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

I think the two terms give the characters a bit of gentleman style elegance :)
Ep.39- That was some damn hot action :D It's a pleasure to see a dominant girl give in completely. It's almost magical :D I love how Ratana draws the sex scenes. They come out so beautiful no matter if gentle or a bit rough and hard-core <3
Ep.40- Another glimpse of the past. But still not the whole story. Darn it :) So Sue cares more for bussiness than patients. That not gonna be good for Lynn :/ And Mel can "smell" there's something "fishy" going on. She probably rushed of to confront Sue about it .Tension coming in next episode :/

C__data_users_defapps_appdata_internetexplorer_temp_saved%20images_lavender_town_screenshot
joined Dec 9, 2014

I have a feeling Sue does this to Olivia so she can get Mel's attention.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Damn husbands might want to keep their wives away from this hospital.

Every other woman is a player here.

joined Feb 10, 2017

Chapter 39 - I really wish we knew what Lynn's response was to Mel's emotional outburst. Lynn's smart. I think she's probably partially figured out what's troubling Mel and it would be interesting to hear what she has to say coming from the perspective of someone who has had to face her own mortality on a daily basis. It's always great to see the complexity of Lynn and Mel's characters.

Bubblesxx
joined Mar 22, 2016

Ep.41- First confrontation of Mel and Sue in the hospital. Probably not the last .Maybe Sue will cause trouble by making Mel look bad or even try to destroy her career or something. I don't think she would go that far to not allow Lynn's operation but more like not let Mel do the operation. There is also the worry of cutting costs :( As for the scar - it looked like an accident. But ofcourse Mel feels the guilt and Sue gladly rubs it in. She is one resentful bitch >:( We still need to know what caused the argument - did Sue cheat or what exactly happened.

joined Jan 6, 2017

RIP kitchen table.

joined Feb 10, 2017

Lynn wearing glasses...cute! I wonder how Lynn would look in 10 years time.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
joined Oct 4, 2016

This is relevant to my interests.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Sue got everything she deserved, Mel did nothing wrong.

Melxlynn2
joined Mar 4, 2017

I'm glad Mel isn't hiding things from Lynn. And Lynn is right, Mel shouldn't be blaming herself. Not only what's done is done, but also it was an accident. Terrible one, but still an accident. And Sue is the one responsible for it. She broke Mel's heart so much that she thought she's unable to love, she was afraid of doing it and being loved for many years. Lynn woke her up and it's good she's there for her. I only hope she won't die...

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013
joined Feb 10, 2017

Chapter 43 -

"I have one whole girlfriend right here." She means "a complete girlfriend" right? As in lacking nothing?

Would "cherish" be a more appropriate word than "appreciate"? Lynn wants Mel to still cherish her despite the scars right? (At least I know a lot of post surgery patients worry about that.)

last edited at Mar 17, 2017 3:54PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Chapter 43 was easily the worst chapter in this series.

Geez, I think i skipped almost the entire chapter. I mean author was trying to show the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love. but the way she showed it was really poor.

Really disappointed in this chapter.

I_whosonline
joined Oct 18, 2015

Well, at least even if Lynn dies, Mel has already gotten her happiness alongside her. Btw, I never expect that David was an M and he wanted Sue to be an S.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Cements my opinion that Sue can go fuck herself after what she did to Mel.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Cements my opinion that Sue can go fuck herself after what she did to Mel.

I will be pissed as hell of the autbor will try to redeem Sue in anyways. God i hate her character with passion.

joined Apr 17, 2015

Geez, I think i skipped almost the entire chapter. I mean author was trying to show the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love. but the way she showed it was really poor.

Really disappointed in this chapter.

hahahahaha
good to read your comment
i cant help if you disappointed
but i dont think to compared anything
i dont even thought about the difference b/w sex for pleasure and sex with love

and please do not misunderstand i dont reply your comment because the episode made you disappointed.
but its just because your point wasnt true.

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 9:52AM

joined Oct 4, 2016

blink

Well hello there!

Really enjoying your comic! Thanks so much for making it!

I think I like Lily Love just a bit more than Pulse, but I certainly like Pulse a great deal and am happy to pay for it on Lezhin.

joined Jan 6, 2017

Well, if you truly skipped reading the entire chapter, then you probably missed out on some of the reveals from the context in it.

I honestly was wondering how Sue got into BDSM in the first place, and this chapter shows the surprising and unexpected introduction to it. From there, we learn (or maybe I'm wrong with this thought) that this newfound sense of "dominance" helped fill the satisfaction that Mel could never really fulfill no matter how much love she gave to her (and she had alluded to this in an earlier chapter).

The ending conversation was also a very sweet moment between Mel and Lynn that is starting to show the reality of the situation regarding the surgery. Lynn's a bubbly and compassionate individual, but deep down she knows the severity of her condition and the possible outcome, and it probably makes her a little insecure with believing whether she's "good enough" for Mel despite Mel making it clear over and over that she loves Lynn from the bottom of her heart (something she thought she'd never be able to do again). Lynn probably feels Mel could go and love anyone else in the world, but chooses to stay with her despite being so close to death...and that's what makes their relationship so beautiful.

I love the storytelling in Pulse, but sometimes I feel that some readers (not calling out anyone specific, just generalizing) are only invested in reading for "hot sexy scenes" and forget that there's even a story being told. I mean, opinions and negative feedback are totally fine, you don't have to enjoy a chapter or the story itself...but I don't think there's such a thing as "the worst chapter" when it comes to this story because all the scenes have had a purpose in driving the plot and characters together.

last edited at Mar 18, 2017 12:43PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.