joined Oct 3, 2015

i like this chapter 5.

credits page made me laugh hard!

good job uploader

Po
joined Oct 29, 2014

i dont like that yoshina character she looks like a greedy ass bitch sorry

joined Jan 6, 2014

that kiss is probably the sweetest scene that i've seen ryuu do... (even with the shiny light effect thing going on) more "friendship kisses" in the future please

13051743_10209394128839678_5264927321810147707_n
joined Mar 19, 2016

The credits of this scan are the best LOL

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

Facesitting AND age gap? I think I've found my 2nd favorite series of 2016.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Story is actually getting good, but this Yoshino-san is just .. UGH .. pisses me off.

Untitled2
joined Dec 24, 2013

Phil

That's one cram school you probably wouldn't want to send your daughter to. How creepy.

I very much agree with you. I originally had the following TN on page 120 before removing it as being redundant and distracting to the reader. And this TN is the paired down softened version.

*T/N I held it in before but, speaking mildly, this scumbag should die. Clearly he’s teaching cram school just so he can get at young girls.

I feel like this is the weird thing about this manga, though? Like, that cram school teacher is trash for sure, but Ema's not a whole lot better and she's a main character. If the manga was trying to draw some kind of parallel between all these predatory adults, I could maybe see where it was going, but it doesn't seem to be doing much with it?

I think you are being unfair to Ema here. I means the cram school teacher clearly groom girl for sex, while Ema has only technically make her advance once when drunk.

Yes she did all of those sexual harassment thingy. But that was under pretext of Japanese skinship. Which is not really sexual by nature

Oh come on! Skinship does not involve sticking your face into someone's crotch and kissing it! It's nothing more than physical interaction such as hugging that usually gets raunched up in anime and manga for the comedy or ecchi. The teacher is having sexual relations with one of his students and that's not much different to what Ema is doing with Anna... and will probably continue to do more intimately considering it's Asagi Ryuu. It doesn't matter what her reasons are, she's no better. You're excusing the same thing you're condemning because it involves a character you like. And I'm surprised no one criticising the teacher has realised this.

last edited at May 1, 2016 3:27AM

Rosenakahara
Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Phil

That's one cram school you probably wouldn't want to send your daughter to. How creepy.

I very much agree with you. I originally had the following TN on page 120 before removing it as being redundant and distracting to the reader. And this TN is the paired down softened version.

*T/N I held it in before but, speaking mildly, this scumbag should die. Clearly he’s teaching cram school just so he can get at young girls.

I feel like this is the weird thing about this manga, though? Like, that cram school teacher is trash for sure, but Ema's not a whole lot better and she's a main character. If the manga was trying to draw some kind of parallel between all these predatory adults, I could maybe see where it was going, but it doesn't seem to be doing much with it?

I think you are being unfair to Ema here. I means the cram school teacher clearly groom girl for sex, while Ema has only technically make her advance once when drunk.

Yes she did all of those sexual harassment thingy. But that was under pretext of Japanese skinship. Which is not really sexual by nature

Oh come on! Skinship does not involve sticking your face into someone's crotch and kissing it! It's nothing more than physical interaction such as hugging that usually gets raunched up in anime and manga for the comedy or ecchi. The teacher is having sexual relations with one of his students and that's not much different to what Ema is doing with Anna... and will probably continue to do more intimately considering it's Asagi Ryuu. It doesn't matter what her reasons are, she's no better. You're excusing the same thing you're condemning because it involves a character you like. And I'm surprised no one criticising the teacher has realised this.

^ This post I like it, I like it a lot.
People are very quick to excuse bad things or mistakes characters can make just because they like them, the most infamous of this being the "Griffith did nothing wrong" meme.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

But it's yuri.

Everyone knows that yuri rape is A-ok.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Mm. I mean, to be entirely clear, the teacher is definitely worse than Ema, no doubt about that. He's actively grooming multiple girls for abuse, using his position as tutor to gain access and authority over them, and manipulating them into looking at each other as rivals instead of looking at him as the sleazy pile of garbage that he is.

Ema isn't remotely equivalent to that. But she's still operating on the same spectrum. The fact is, she's doing all this weird, flirty, sexual stuff to a reluctant teenage girl who was entrusted into her care. She's supposed to be acting as her guardian, which is a way more influential and delicate power imbalance than "cram school tutor", but she's flopping around the house, making a big show about how hard her life is, and talking about how much it relaxes and re-energises her when she sticks her face in Anna's crotch, as if that was a reasonable thing to do. After all that, when Anna starts complying and offering to let her do it more, it doesn't seem out-of-character - it just reminded me of Miku talking about how the tutor acting pathetic and helpless just excited her "maternal instincts" and compelled her to do more for him, and how clearly manipulative that sounded then.

Abusive relationships are often like that, with the abuser manipulating their partner's emotional attachments and desire to help, in order to trap them in a toxic spiral of dependence. It's a horrible place to be stuck in, whether it's a deliberate strategy employed by a repeat predator, or just the natural behaviour of an irresponsible adult who is taking advantage of a young teenager at home as an unhealthy outlet for her own stress and her own problems. One is more dangerous than the other, certainly, but neither of them should be anywhere near kids.

Also: it's just a manga, what do I expect, this is just what Asagi Ryuu writes about, stop taking it so seriously, etc. Maybe, but I'm not talking about anything the manga itself didn't already make an issue of. These are the themes of the story. Toxic relationships, abuse of minors, undeveloped pubescent sexuality, all that shit. It's already here. It's what the story is about. If it was just basic ecchi fluff about a cute teen getting together with her older not-quite-cousin, I wouldn't even blink, but that's not what this is, so here we are.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Mm. I mean, to be entirely clear, the teacher is definitely worse than Ema, no doubt about that. He's actively grooming multiple girls for abuse, using his position as tutor to gain access and authority over them, and manipulating them into looking at each other as rivals instead of looking at him as the sleazy pile of garbage that he is.

Did I miss a chapter where all of this is explained. Oo

For all we know, it's both girls who went after the teacher and he's just content with the situation. We don't know the exact circumstances and who's at fault with the teacher situation. But we do know how things goes with Ema.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Did I miss a chapter where all of this is explained. Oo

For all we know, it's both girls who went after the teacher and he's just content with the situation. We don't know the exact circumstances and who's at fault with the teacher situation. But we do know how things goes with Ema.

??? It doesn't need to be stated outright by an omniscient narrator for it to clearly be what's happening. If it was just a matter of a couple girls having a crush on their tutor, he wouldn't be casually making out with them, dumping his emotional problems on them, and getting all gropey with them. He wouldn't be using his "relationship" with one girl to normalise his abusive behaviour towards another, or making them think that it can't be helped because he's having a hard time. There's no question of "fault" here. Even if it was the girls who confessed to him in the beginning, it was his responsibility to turn them down, not to go "Oh well, in for a penny" and stick his tongue down their throats. If you're suggesting there's some kind of shared responsibility between the underage girls with a crush and the adult who's taking advantage of them, that's really fucked up.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Author is omniscient, readers are not and can't exactly pretend to know what the author is intending.

The second girl with the teacher acted all mean toward Miku and didn't look like a victim of an abusive teacher at all. She may be manipulated, yeah, but she may also be manipulating things just as well. Does that excuse the teacher's behavior ? Not at all. But it doesn't necessary mean that both girls are "victims" here. We know a bit of Miku's circumstances, which tend to place her in the "victim" role here, event though it seems she had a legit crush on her teacher. The other girl, we know pretty much jack about her save from her attitude in that one encounter the author depicted so far and she was kinda set up as "the bad girl who steal Miku's crush".

I agree with several of your points, but a few things I disagree with how you make assumptions about the teacher and presenting them as fact when it's just your theory about how things goes. You may be right, buy you may be wrong. My point here is : we don't know yet.

Also, this is a work of fiction. Please don't assume I'd react in actual similar situation the same way I react toward a manga. After all, I enjoy reading Murcielago, doesn't mean I'd cheer for a psycho mass murderer in real life.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Okay then. I guess knowing how reality works is meaningless because the story might turn out to be a surreal fantasy universe for rape apologists? I'm not sure how deflecting your bizarre hypothetical scenario about magically hypercompetent manipulator children onto the author is supposed to mean anything, but yes, it is possible that, in the confines of the story, the other girl is some kind of shadowy mastermind, and the tutor is just her unwitting patsy. Given that I started talking about this by questioning what ideas the author intends to convey by telling this particular story in this particular manner, did you think I'd go "Oh well, authorial intention is god, can't question it or criticise it, it just is what it is"? Hell no. Even if the end result of this story is that the adult teacher is portrayed as totally innocent and relatable, I'm still going to be pointing out how contrived and rapey that narrative is. Author's can "intend" whatever the hell they want, that doesn't insulate their ideas from examination and deconstruction.

last edited at May 2, 2016 4:55AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

You missed the point, so short version : your view on the teacher is fair, but it's still a theory, not fact. The first of your post I quoted, you presented it as fact.

It's just a story, I'm all for discussing theories and all, but I like to keep in mind that 1. it's a work of fiction, not real life and 2.theories are just that, theories. Only one who can know for sure what a situation like that really is is the author. Us reader can only make suppositions.

And to clarify : I dislike the teacher, but the other girl just as much because she seems to rub it in Miku's face, hurting her even more than the fact that the teacher is cheating on her. My view on that situation, if you don't share it, that's fine, we all have our sensitivities. Anyway, let's drop this and enjoy the story.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

So my OTP is (almost) shipping <3 Meh I bet Anna will end with Ema, but I seriously so don't care about her. For me, she can keep on obsessing about being in abusive relationship with her beloved Yoshino. Overall cute chapter and the way Anna and Miku (almost) hooked up was so adorable <3

Serenata posted:

I want to think that this is the ending, that they lived happily ever after and had many science babies together.

Once series ends it will probably be my head canon too.

last edited at May 10, 2016 9:54PM

ybnrmalatall
Kkkk
joined Jan 21, 2014

Okay then. I guess knowing how reality works is meaningless because the story might turn out to be a surreal fantasy universe for rape apologists? I'm not sure how deflecting your bizarre hypothetical scenario about magically hypercompetent manipulator children onto the author is supposed to mean anything, but yes, it is possible that, in the confines of the story, the other girl is some kind of shadowy mastermind, and the tutor is just her unwitting patsy. Given that I started talking about this by questioning what ideas the author intends to convey by telling this particular story in this particular manner, did you think I'd go "Oh well, authorial intention is god, can't question it or criticise it, it just is what it is"? Hell no. Even if the end result of this story is that the adult teacher is portrayed as totally innocent and relatable, I'm still going to be pointing out how contrived and rapey that narrative is. Author's can "intend" whatever the hell they want, that doesn't insulate their ideas from examination and deconstruction.

I can remember being 15 and I can also remember people around me and sex relationships. It baffles me that people can call 15 year old's victims but still say that they remember being 15. Teenagers know what they are doing and do what they want. Whether it is a mistake or not, it honestly isn't rape or anything close to it unless it's actual rape. People are damn stupid when they think an old person dating a 15 year old in the first place is wrong. It just says how fucking retarded they were as 15 year olds.

When I was 15, just because I was bored one summer, I "Manipulated" my best friends mom into divorce. Yeah, fucked up, but fact. She was insecure and I know how to fuck with people.
Just because you were a stupid incompetent child, means nothing.

Most the 15 year olds I knew when I was 15 were always partying and the majority were already hooked on drugs. I'm sure an age gap relationship would totally be worse for them. /sarcasm

Now, all that being said, this is FICTION. Fiction means "if you don't like it or are disgusted by it, bite your tongue and read something else, you annoying nag."

last edited at May 22, 2016 3:00AM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Ah, it's been since last April since I released chapter 5, huh? I've been busy with work and (deliberate attempt for sympathy) had surgery for a serious illness, among other things. And as others point out elsewhere, this is being done for free in my (currently scarce) free time.

None the less, I'm making a public announcement. This is neither a promise nor a prediction, but in an effort to get myself to somehow find more time for this project, I am announcing my intent to attempt to get chapter 6 out in a month or so from now. It is a shocking chapter that's well worth the wait.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

None the less, I'm making a public announcement. This is neither a promise nor a prediction, but in an effort to get myself to somehow find more time for this project, I am announcing my intent to attempt to get chapter 6 out in a month or so from now. It is a shocking chapter that's well worth the wait.

So much hype. :D Nonetheless, thank you for sticking with the series in spite of real life beating up on you. :-)

Max_stirner
joined Feb 2, 2013

If they just would've toned down the smut, I think this could have been good.

joined Oct 10, 2016

Ah, it's been since last April since I released chapter 5, huh? I've been busy with work and (deliberate attempt for sympathy) had surgery for a serious illness, among other things. And as others point out elsewhere, this is being done for free in my (currently scarce) free time.

Hmm. Nothing changed...

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Hmm. Nothing changed...

Well it just pretty much means they haven't had enough free time.
Life > scanlation work

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 9:33PM

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

A month or so stretches into two months or so, becomes... I got a few days off coming up, so here's hoping.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

Two months or so stretches into... No, don't scream. I'm kidding!

Just letting you know that chapter 6 has gone to QC so Fly by Yuri should be releasing it soon. Only 11 months after the release of chapter 5, and just over 9 month after my next most recent release! Oops, I'd better get my act together.

To reply you must either login or sign up.