Forum › Butterfly Effect discussion

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Not sure who the scanlator is or when it was done, as the link was to a Imgur upload and it's pages seem ungooglable. If anyone knows who it was/when it was, that'd be helpful. My guess is it was done on /u/, but I'm not sure.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Is there a name for the postulate that the more lighthearted a series is, the darker fans will try it make it and vice-versa?

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

Blizzard should see this, I think that would be pretty interesting for them.

Book%20and%20cloakhbq1
joined Aug 1, 2011

Is there a name for the postulate that the more lighthearted a series is, the darker fans will try it make it and vice-versa?

To be fair, Overwatch can be pretty dark. I mean, you have Tracer who's a stray bullet from becoming a ghost lost to time, D.Va who is a child soldier, Reaper who's basically a tormented undead, and everything to do with Widowmaker. Widowmaker alone probably pushes it darker than most works.

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

To be fair, Overwatch can be pretty dark. I mean, you have Tracer who's a stray bullet from becoming a ghost lost to time, D.Va who is a child soldier, Reaper who's basically a tormented undead, and everything to do with Widowmaker. Widowmaker alone probably pushes it darker than most works.

Right, but those dark elements are never really what the series is trying to sell. All media have dark and light aspects to some extent, whether or not the creators realize/accept it. But the brightly colored world of OW where everyone has a laughing emote is largely trying to present itself as a fun and hopeful world, even with some serious subject matter lurking in the background. The kind of super-edgy, soap opera drama content fans like creating totally clashes with the overall emotional aesthetic Blizzard is trying to sell for OW.

joined Jul 22, 2016

On one hand, this was fabulously heartwrenching. On the other hand, I kind of want to give Mercy a big headbutt and cry.

joined Jun 14, 2016

this.,.. was not the first kind of mercy x D.va doujin i wanted to see.. man... i need to look at something really cute after this..

(y)
joined Jan 9, 2017

Jebus man this is just mean

Ewe
joined Jan 22, 2017

How did Dva even control her MEK like this. e-e

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Can't take this seriously no matter how hard I try. Rather than feel depressed, I cringe.
Probably has to do something with the fact that this is a fucking Overwatch doujin.

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

I uh, don't really get this, can someone explain

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

I just wanted fluff... but there are worse doujin than this, still a good read and the ending felt fitting

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 6:51PM

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Welcome to The SADNESS

Kaede
joined Nov 20, 2016

I saw the tags but was still unprepared

1227d27ec431e624d6707b0a66b81869
joined Dec 14, 2014

.................................................wow.............................................................................

and yunyun doesn't exist in twitter anymore not sure why but this person has the comics too https://twitter.com/banoban72/status/807606216859865088

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 9:04PM

Rsz_1arb9bvm
joined Jul 31, 2015

This killed me.

S-l225
joined Feb 14, 2014

How did Dva even control her MEK like this. e-e

Apparently not very well....

Rsz_mlg_yes__precure_5____by_candygirl4226-d8kc01n
joined Apr 22, 2015

"Quality sadness. It's too good that my emotions committed suicide 32 times upon rereading this." 9/10

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 10:04PM

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Mercy(Doctor Angela) and D.Va (Hana) hung out together and fell in love. There was going to be a civil war of sorts and Mercy and D.Va had ideologies of the opposing sides. Rather than fight D.va, Mercy instead plotted to make sure D.va would not be able to fight in the war by breaking her hands (Mercy also had a way to heal D. Va's hands after the war ended.)

D.Va ended up fighting in the war anyways (probably using the mech as her hands) and the two met on the battlefield. The results of the battlefield are unclear but Mercy wakes up and finds D. Va's lifeless corpse in front of her. In the final panels Mercy tries using her cure (which she intended to use to fix D.Va's hands) to resurrect D.Va. It fails, D.Va is dead forever, sad end.

Screenshot_2020-10-28_003849_2_2_69
joined Sep 14, 2014

Hgnnnnnnnn, such good angst and drama. I haven't had something this good in a while. Last time I felt like this was when Takemiya Jin stuff rained down. Ugh the pain is so great.

joined May 10, 2015

I thought that by the end, mercy would "nerf this" D.va's meka and blow both of them.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Mercy(Doctor Angela) and D.Va (Hana) hung out together and fell in love. There was going to be a civil war of sorts and Mercy and D.Va had ideologies of the opposing sides. Rather than fight D.va, Mercy instead plotted to make sure D.va would not be able to fight in the war by breaking her hands (Mercy also had a way to heal D. Va's hands after the war ended.)

D.Va ended up fighting in the war anyways (probably using the mech as her hands) and the two met on the battlefield. The results of the battlefield are unclear but Mercy wakes up and finds D. Va's lifeless corpse in front of her. In the final panels Mercy tries using her cure (which she intended to use to fix D.Va's hands) to resurrect D.Va. It fails, D.Va is dead forever, sad end.

A good summary, but one detail is missing: after Mercy regains consciousness, it is strongly implied that D.Va shielded her from the brunt of a fatal attack with her mech and her own body. In other words, even after what Mercy had done to her, D.Va still gave her life for her.

...good thing this is not my main Mercy ship. :-(

last edited at Mar 16, 2017 2:03AM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Uh.. I don't like games, and this sort is my least favorite (not to say the ones I dislike the most xD)... but this thing made me sad anyways, I even wish there was more from this author ;_; if only it wasn't based on a game but an anime/manga instead...

Untitled-2
joined Aug 17, 2014

mercy want to keep d.va far from battle field by broke her hand
but d.va force herself and she saved mercy with cost of her own life..

THE END

Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

reading this while listening to this made me despair https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIeVc1yE4TY

To reply you must either login or sign up.