Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

08f6612130a20845a480034c0567fbe1d8926209_hq
joined Apr 27, 2014

Kageka if it was a guy it wouldn't say "I'm her aunt" I think... I bet it's really the aunt, they're not at shio-chan's apartment but in the one that the aunt lives in (I mean, the apartment looks different that the one where shio is in, I believe).

They being some sort of neighbours would be..actually a good twist, I cannot wait peacefully till next chapter is out!

Sshot-8
joined Oct 25, 2011

It's still a bit of a stretch to deduce that she's sharing a home with a girlfriend just because he had to dispose of a body.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

It's still a bit of a stretch to deduce that she's sharing a home with a girlfriend just because he had to dispose of a body.

Satou also talked a lot about love in the presence of her teacher, in her kinda psychotic way, plus he's been stalking her for a while, so he has quite a bit of evidence to put together.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Satou also talked a lot about love in the presence of her teacher, in her kinda psychotic way, plus he's been stalking her for a while, so he has quite a bit of evidence to put together.

So basically, he knows that
1. Sato's in love
2. He knows where she lives/goes back to
3. He might have disposed of a body for her

Yeah I see now, it definitely points to a female lover...? D:
I mean, are we, as readers, supposed to be aware of how he reached such conclusions? Or are we currently in the dark and just gotta assume that he somehow pieced that together.
That's all I wanna make sure of tbh, if I haven't missed anything, or if it's supposed to be this way.

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 7:28AM

joined Mar 15, 2017

There's nothing in the Japanese in that panel about it being a same-sex lover. Possibly the translator mistook 同棲 (cohabitation) for 同性 (same-sex) as the furigana and first kanji is the same.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

There's nothing in the Japanese in that panel about it being a same-sex lover. Possibly the translator mistook 同棲 (cohabitation) for 同性 (same-sex) as the furigana and first kanji is the same.

Oh. You're right. Apologies for the screw-up, looks like I'm blind.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

The author maybe has managed to trick all of the audiences about what really happened. Considering the teacher narration was what we believed all along, and is pretty much gonna be proven wrong.

Shio mom and Satou aunt can't be the same person, right? The time scale does not fit

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

What the fuck am I reading?

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

What the fuck am I reading?

The greatest literature known to man.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

im starting to think that sato is some sort of demon or cthulhu type creature XD

joined Nov 15, 2016

I give this chapter pretty high marks for avoiding my expectations.

Somehow Sato is an awful person, yet some small part of you still wants to root for her.

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 8:08PM

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

When will we finally change the title of this thing to "Fucked up people keep fucking up"?

joined Jul 22, 2016

...Sato's aunt. She's so fucked up. It's amazing.
This manga never disappoints. Ahhhh, it's so good, yet so painful.
Sato-chan is sad. Best friend-san, whyyyyyyy...

joined May 24, 2014

Did they kinda imply that Sato's aunt sexually abused her? That's a new degree of fucked up

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

When will we finally change the title of this thing to "Fucked up people keep fucking up"?

The only accurate TL of the manga's title. It perfectly describes what's going on, what already happened, and what will keep happening.

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 11:06PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Wow, this is really different than i thought. Even more better!

This manga is gooooooooood.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

That was a beautifully executed twist. It called back the imagery of the first page. And it gives an actual reason why the aunt's appearance was hidden all this time. It brings so many things to a head. Sato's one friend being put to the test and failing, the boy being worried and running because he was worried about competition and being creepy again, the teacher being put in his place.

I really love this reveal. So glad it wasn't what we were all lowkey expecting it to be.

And we finally get to see Shio again. I was worried her absence was hinting at something, but I guess it was just the outfit change, phew.

2017-06-09-10-36-16-
joined Mar 29, 2017

THAT FAKEOUT AT THE START

Then again, it was exactly what anyone would have theorized up to this point, so it would have been a bit underwhelming if that was the case so straight-forwardly. Now that the teacher assumes it, I'm inclined to think there's something really off about the theory. I can't wait to see what the twist of it is. Could the one in the bag actually be Shio's mom?

This might explain why we haven't seen Sato's apartment so far in this volume.

I swear to god if the twist is its Sato herslef is in the bag.................

Untitled-1
joined Nov 14, 2016

This manga is so weird yet so interesting.
Loving the art and the twisted characters.

risingstar3110
joined Feb 15, 2013

Holy fk, what's a way to introduce the final boss. The aunt's like the concentration of insanity of every character in this manga. She's like evolved version of Satou in term of fucked-up-ness. Manipulative, corruptive, insane. Thank God that she's a submissive masochist

After seeing how many characters in this manga should be killed with fire. I think we can all agree that Satou deserve happiness

Best-friend-san can't pass Satou's test. Unfortunately. Meanwhile, pedo guy still is a creepy pedo...

last edited at Apr 5, 2017 11:55PM

Img_20191208_235120
joined Nov 14, 2015

I don't know what you are thinking, but I like the aunt :D Such a great psycho ~

joined Sep 2, 2015

S
P
O
O
K
Y

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

I don't know what you are thinking, but I like the aunt :D Such a great psycho ~

I like her, too. How many different forms can yandere take in one story? It's so fascinating. What I love is that she is a genius at reading people. I don't know why she doesn't get involved herself, but I truly doubt she doesn't know what Sato is doing. After all, Sato is uncharacteristically not "empty" anymore now that Shio's in the picture. You would think that would be more of a problem.

schuyguy Uploader
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

My favorite part of meeting the aunt is going back to the chapter with Suu, where Satou's aunt "guides" her via Satou's hallucination.

DemacianSentry
Symbol%20small002
joined Aug 26, 2015

Chapter 17: I just looked into a mirror of my sexual life. I liked it. DIG DEEPER!

To reply you must either login or sign up.