Forum › Girl Talk discussion

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Not enough yuri!

I demand a sequel!!!

62342532_p4_3
joined May 27, 2015

At first I was like "eww, it's the NTR artist", then I was like "well, this one-shot isn't tagged NTR, so it should be ok, right?"

It's pretty ok.

I feel like the translator note for "sempai" was unnecessary. I've become completely out of touch with non-weebs.

Slightly off-topic: https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/senpai-is-real

Senpai/sempai is close to, but not quite, being accepted into the english language as a loanword.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 8:09PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

At first I was like "eww, it's the NTR artist", then I was like "well, this one-shot isn't tagged NTR, so it should be ok, right?"

It's pretty ok.

I feel like the translator note for "sempai" was unnecessary. I've become completely out of touch with non-weebs.

Slightly off-topic: https://www.merriam-webster.com/words-at-play/senpai-is-real

Senpai/sempai is close to, but not quite, being accepted into the english language as a loanword.

Am I the only one that thinks Netsuzou Trap isn't NTR? I get it's in the name, but all I've gotten from it is 2 girls in love who cheat on their boyfriends with each other. Doesn't give off an NTR feel to me.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I get it's in the name, but all I've gotten from it is 2 girls in love who cheat on their boyfriends with each other. Doesn't give off an NTR feel to me.

Not sure if you're joking but that's exactly what NTR is. NTR is cheating, and the boys are getting cheated on.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

It's pretty ok.

Am I the only one that thinks Netsuzou Trap isn't NTR? I get it's in the name, but all I've gotten from it is 2 girls in love who cheat on their boyfriends with each other. Doesn't give off an NTR feel to me.

NTR is finding enjoyment or satisfaction from cheating on someone. Hotaru finds enjoyment from cheating on her boyfriend & having Yuma cheat on her boyfriend. That's why it's NTR.

Psyduck
joined Jun 17, 2015

Funnily enough, Kodama's best works are probably her too short/vague ones. When she goes in depth you get some pretty awful stories like NTR.

Omochikaeri_thumb
joined Nov 2, 2013

T-thats it?

joined Sep 11, 2014

The protagonist is a superficial butthead.

Cryssoberyl Uploader
Booklet1-high-pink-experiment
Zefiberyl Translations
joined Apr 11, 2011

Little do you know, translation notes for basics like "sempai" or "onee-sama" are a 15+ year old Lililicious release tradition, and it wouldn't feel like a proper one without them.

Anyway, nice to see Kodama doing some more non-soap-opera yuri. Thank you, Lililicious and ZdY both.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 9:29PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

It's funny, all it took was the first page of the girl putting on her make-up, and I immediately thought "This art looks cute enough, but it's giving me a really bad feeling". It's only then that I looked up and saw that it was by Kodama Naoko. It doesn't even look that much like her usual art - almost like it's a much earlier work, maybe? - but it was still enough to make me suspicious. Now that's notoriety, lol.

Story itself is fine, I guess. Nothing really happened.I can see where the yuri would go, but I don't think it's actually there yet?

NTR is finding enjoyment or satisfaction from cheating on someone. Hotaru finds enjoyment from cheating on her boyfriend & having Yuma cheat on her boyfriend. That's why it's NTR.

I'd say it's a bit more complicated than that, but the whole concept has been so devalued that it gets thrown at regular-ass love triangles, so trying to pin down a "real" meaning for NTR is almost entirely meaningless, at this point. Netsuzou Trap involves more than two people in a relationship in a way that intentionally feels dirty, which makes it close enough for dumb wordplay/a marketing gimmick, if not enough for an actual "NTR" tag anywhere it would matter.

Malibu Uploader
Hogfather
Kouyuri
joined Jan 25, 2016

Not enough yuri!

I demand a sequel!!!

This DOES need more yuri, thought it was pleasant all the same. We can't ALWAYS have a yuri ending, otherwise we'll come to expect it, and the surprise and joy won't be there anymore :P

joined May 4, 2013

I knew I read more from that mangaka, that innocent but perilous vibe is very her.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 9:50PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

She's not that cute CRAWLING IN MY SKIIIN

Breakdanceanomicon
joined Jun 13, 2015

Kodama's secret is to make such bad, needlessly edgy soap opera stories that lower the bar so far that her other, purely okay stories look great in comparison. Honestly not a terrible tactic.

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

I wanna see how a romance would develop between those two

joined Dec 19, 2016

I get it's in the name, but all I've gotten from it is 2 girls in love who cheat on their boyfriends with each other. Doesn't give off an NTR feel to me.

Not sure if you're joking but that's exactly what NTR is. NTR is cheating, and the boys are getting cheated on.

I disagree. NTR gets misused by people ALL THE TIME.

Cheating =/= NTR.

NTR is when that character gives into the lust and no longer cares about the person. Now, there can be cheating where that person falls for the one they are cheating with, but again, it's not NTR.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 11:12PM

joined Jun 30, 2015

I rarely demand "moar" from Kodama.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Not enough yuri!

I demand a sequel!!!

This DOES need more yuri, thought it was pleasant all the same. We can't ALWAYS have a yuri ending, otherwise we'll come to expect it, and the surprise and joy won't be there anymore :P

But... But this is a yuri site! >_<

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Thank's for summing up the Netsuzou Trap Discussion Thread in one comment :P

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 11:26PM

Copy90_90_zpscf246422
joined Sep 18, 2014

Kodama Naoko
No angst/cheating/drama tag
Ends in friendship

That's her, alright.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

We probably should end the Netsuzou Trap stuff here, since that's a totally different manga with no characters or situations in common with this one. We've seen all the takes, hot or otherwise, on the series already, no need to do it again.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

That was really short and cute! Loved it~

Dynav
joined Aug 6, 2013

Protagonist reminds me of Nico.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

I like stories like this, and all the ones in this book. There's nothing unnecessary, just a very concise short story that introduces you to the characters, introduces the conflict, and hints at resolution.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Thank's for summing up the Netsuzou Trap Discussion Thread in one comment :P

Okay.....that went over my head o.o'

To reply you must either login or sign up.