Forum › Happy Sugar Life discussion

joined Aug 25, 2013

That psychotic look on the first panel, so tease.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch15#27

Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Even if Sato doesn't deal with this like we're expecting --because Sato seems to need to be pushed to do something drastic, since she is always considering the consequences on her image --I feel like the teacher would target Shouko at some point to get the answers then.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

dun dun duuuuun!!!

^basically the entire manga is just this every chapter.

Oh gawds is she even gonna do the thing to her 'bestie'??? O_o

Dynasty-edited-winter-pharm
Dynasty Scans
joined Oct 29, 2010

I don't think Sato is going to kill Shyoko. The only person we've seen her kill so far violated her space in a huge way and even then she had a bit of an inner monologue before actually doing it. And she only maimed the other two guys because they interacted with Shio outside of Sato's control.

Although it does concern me she may have offed the girl that confessed to her but again that girl was attempting to intrude Sato's world without permission and more importantly without Sato's knowledge.

With Shyoko, Sato can still control the situation because she is aware that Shyoko is trying to find out more information. More importantly she knows(hopefully) that there is no malice coming from Shyoko.

I think maybe Sato is going to get that teacher to act as her "boyfriend" to explain away why she is being so awkward and distant. Especially since she's said a few times how shameful a teacher/student relationship is. But I don't know if pretending to be in a relationship with someone else will trigger Sato again, thinking she's breaking her vow to Shio.

Either that or she's calling that teacher to dispose of her friends body...

... I need the next chapter out NOW!

joined Sep 11, 2014

dang everyone around Sato is a fucking weirdo, no wonder sato ended up the way she did

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

So the FBI is already there.

Damn these guys are fast when catching a lolicon.

joined Dec 7, 2013

That hand that opens the door is all bandaged up in the same way as Shio's brother's...but I'm not sure how he'd have gotten inside, how a fairly young boy would impersonate an old woman, or how he'd know that Sato used to live with her aunt.

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 7:08AM

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

That hand that opens the door is all bandaged up in the same way as Shio's brother's...but I'm not sure how he'd have gotten inside, how a fairly young boy would impersonate an old woman, or how he'd know that Sato used to live with her aunt.

There's another character with bandages. Though I'm not sure what the author is going for, since the hints there seem to indicate she's dead.

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 8:45AM

Tag%20rock%20snake
joined Aug 16, 2014

Perhaps Shio is manipulating the corpse? But then how would she impersonate the voice? How would she even be able to realistically grip the door handle with a limp arm? Unless Rigor-mortis has set in...

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

?!?!?!?!??!?!?!

Yeah I think that's the only thing I can react with right now.

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

pg 138, "aready" (already)

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

The suspense is thick.

joined Jul 22, 2016

The happiness of Sato and Shouko's friendship pains me.
Also, the teacher is a creep. Aargghhhhhh, I'm so curious.
(This story hurts me because it's so good)

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Wow the narration was pretty confusing for me, it switched between characters a lot D: I get the gist of what's going on, but its likely that a lot of details went over my head.
I don't remember the extent of the teacher's stalking, did he followed her home before? (I don't remember him knowing where she lived) Also, how did he know about the "same sex lover"? I don't recall him knowing that, or how he could have known/found that out. As far as I know, only Taiyou knows that Sato is harboring Shio/a [young] girl

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 3:05PM

Kururi
joined Aug 25, 2015

Also, how did he know about the "same sex lover"?

He probably deducted that this is the thing her aunt would be against.

Anyway, I kinda hope it is her aunt there, and there's some twist about who was the body. We just assumed it's her aunt all this time.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

THAT FAKEOUT AT THE START

Then again, it was exactly what anyone would have theorized up to this point, so it would have been a bit underwhelming if that was the case so straight-forwardly. Now that the teacher assumes it, I'm inclined to think there's something really off about the theory. I can't wait to see what the twist of it is. Could the one in the bag actually be Shio's mom?

This might explain why we haven't seen Sato's apartment so far in this volume.

joined Dec 13, 2015

WHAT THE FUUUUUUUUUU-

My god, that whole chapter was horribly tense. IDK if I'm just over-invested in the characters at this point, but that was pretty awesome. It's not even over yet (that disembodied arm lmao) but it feels like a lot of story threads all built up to this chapter in a pretty satisfying way. It was interesting to see that glimpse of Taiyou in the beginning; I know he's technically a creeper obsessed with a little kid, but in a lot of ways that's very similar to what Sato herself is doing, and that he's concerned for Shouko makes me wonder if he's not too far gone (i.e, the teacher) and maybe there's some way to make him not-creeper again lmao (also, did I miss something? How did Taiyou know that Shouko was going to Sato's house?)

Regarding the final "twist"; I don't think that's the same apartment Shio and Sato live in together. There seems to be an emphasis on how "this apartment" is "definitely" the place we've seen as Sato's home in previous chapters; Shouko mentions this is where she came and knocked on the door, and Teacher mentions following her back to the building repeatedly but (1) no one ever opened the door when Shouko knocked IIRC, the "someone" she sensed inside may not have been Shio (i.e she didn't knock on the door of the apartment Shio and Sato share) and (2) Teacher's shown watching Sato outside, he may not have followed her in, and therefore would not have seen exactly which apartment she got into.

Either a swap took place at one point (which explains why we haven't really seen Sato's apartment this volume, as another user mentioned; Sato moved Shio out of the apartment listed under her records to another apartment in the same building and had her aunt/whoever the disembodied hand belongs to move in as a precaution) or we've been seeing 2 different apartments all along, the one that's listed under her records (and therefore the one Teacher reported to the police) and whose door Shouko knocked on, and another one with the blood/which Sato and Shio actually live in.

joined Apr 27, 2015

Based on the bandages i assume it's shio's brother

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Kageka if it was a guy it wouldn't say "I'm her aunt" I think... I bet it's really the aunt, they're not at shio-chan's apartment but in the one that the aunt lives in (I mean, the apartment looks different that the one where shio is in, I believe).

last edited at Mar 12, 2017 10:27PM

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

Anyway, I kinda hope it is her aunt there, and there's some twist about who was the body. We just assumed it's her aunt all this time.

turns out the "trash" she made the teacher throw out really WAS trash and the last chapter explains how the entire series was all just one huge misunderstanding.

what a twist!

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

Kageka if it was a guy it wouldn't say "I'm her aunt" I think... I bet it's really the aunt, they're not at shio-chan's apartment but in the one that the aunt lives in (I mean, the apartment looks different that the one where shio is in, I believe).

That would explain why I don't see the extra lock she added when we have a full view of the door.
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/happy_sugar_life_ch08#14

Then again, I assumed that was what she removed when she bent down.

Faaaaack
joined Apr 2, 2016

There's another character with bandages. Though I'm not sure what the author is going for, since the hints there seem to indicate she's dead.

Oh my, I forgot that. Is it a lolicon lady who supports the "relationship" maybe?

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

turns out the "trash" she made the teacher throw out really WAS trash and the last chapter explains how the entire series was all just one huge misunderstanding.

what a twist!

In chapter 17 it's revealed that Satou was Shio's mother all along. She wanted to cook a big steak dinner to celebrate Asahi coming home, but it got all over the wall, and he's been out looking for more steak, and passing out flyers to celebrate Shio's birthday.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 5:21AM

Budokan2
joined Jan 13, 2015

If that really is her aunt, then maybe her apartment's floor plan may work in such a way that Shio and her aunt can co-exist without interacting with each other.

If there was somebody manipulating a dead body, or somebody trying to impersonate her guardian, hope it's that other yandere girl that Sato totally shot down in that one chapter. I liked how she suddenly became submissive when Sato confronted her, she was so adorable~ xD

That chapter was really intense. I hope Sato-chan kicks that teacher in the balls or something, he's really annoying, lol. This series is still really awesome even after reaching 16 chapters. Let's all pray to Madokami that the author is able to give this one a good story up to the very end.

To reply you must either login or sign up.