Forum › Kase-san discussion

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

When will they finally do the thing.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

The thirst is real.

Love how the author, with just a few looks from Kase-san, conveys what's on her mind.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Just what is Kase's obsession with toilets, anyway?

I figured since the bath was in there it was the place that Yamada took her clothes off? It does seem to be a bit lost on me too.

Kase is DEFINITELY into some watersports, ol toilet perv listening in, in an earlier chapter.

GUILTY OF:
Bed sniffing
(attempted) listening to Yamada pee
Staring at her thighs
Shirt lifting
pool-perving

what next?

Caber-tossing.

joined Oct 4, 2016

That's probably the most accurate description. Yamada is definitely not against physical intimacy with Kase, she's just a total sub in bed at the moment. And Kase is torn between protecting Yamada's (admittedly adorable) cluelessness from herself and doing what's really best for both of them.

I get the feeling that it absolutely has never once occurred to her to kiss Kase-san on the neck, or that doing so would even be enjoyable. And if Kase-san did that to her, she'd freak out and jump away. Sex and intimacy beyond kissing is alien to her.

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

That's probably the most accurate description. Yamada is definitely not against physical intimacy with Kase, she's just a total sub in bed at the moment. And Kase is torn between protecting Yamada's (admittedly adorable) cluelessness from herself and doing what's really best for both of them.

I get the feeling that it absolutely has never once occurred to her to kiss Kase-san on the neck, or that doing so would even be enjoyable. And if Kase-san did that to her, she'd freak out and jump away. Sex and intimacy beyond kissing is alien to her.

I think she is a person with a very narrow feedback channel to her own body, meaning that she both "filters out" most of her physical sensations (so she won't have to engage with them consciously), and cannot orient herself within the possibility space of said physical sensations. The former leads to her being overwhelmed by having to deal with pleasurable physical contact, while the latter precludes her from "straying" from tried-and-true physical interactions like kissing, because she has no idea if anything else would feel good or bad.

Kase, meanwhile, navigates the space of physical sensations with grace and aplomb, because as a professional sportswoman, it is her life.

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

I figured since the bath was in there it was the place that Yamada took her clothes off? It does seem to be a bit lost on me too.

Kase is DEFINITELY into some watersports, ol toilet perv listening in, in an earlier chapter.

GUILTY OF:
Bed sniffing
(attempted) listening to Yamada pee
Staring at her thighs
Shirt lifting
pool-perving

what next?

Caber-tossing.

Meanwhile, in SCOTLAND!

joined Oct 4, 2016

...and cannot orient herself within the possibility space of said physical sensations.

I like this phrase, and will henceforth endeavor to use it as often as possible.

"What are you up to today, Vanko?"
"Oh, y'know, just orienting myself within the possibility space of my own physical sensations."
"... ...kaaaaaay."

joined Aug 22, 2016

At this point, I think sex between them will happen soon, maybe next chapter, but... Well, it would be good to see their physical relationship develop, but even now it is going to be Kase initiating it which is fine I guess, but I hope that soon we will also see Yamada initiating intimacy, even if it is just a kiss or a hug.

joined Oct 4, 2016

She did in "Sunset and Kase-san", up on the roof. That's the only time, though. Kase was totally perving to it, too. Had Yamadaboobs(tm) right there in her face.

Yamada, of course, had no idea what Yamadaboobs(tm) were doing to Kase-san.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

At this point, I think sex between them will happen soon, maybe next chapter, but... Well, it would be good to see their physical relationship develop, but even now it is going to be Kase initiating it which is fine I guess, but I hope that soon we will also see Yamada initiating intimacy, even if it is just a kiss or a hug.

I've been wanting Yamada to kiss Kase ever since the start of the series.

joined Aug 22, 2016

She did in "Sunset and Kase-san", up on the roof. That's the only time, though. Kase was totally perving to it, too. Had Yamadaboobs(tm) right there in her face.

Yamada, of course, had no idea what Yamadaboobs(tm) were doing to Kase-san.

Oh, my. How did I forget about that? Aha, not sure about perving it though. I think she was extremely comforted by Yamada's love and body.

The look of adoration (bottom left panel)
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch15#22

As @Nezchan said, still would like a kiss.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 12:42PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

The sexual tension oozing off of Kase is almost painful! It kind of seemed like Yamada was trying to look cute for her as well, which does bode well, though she is still fairly clueless to the fact that there is a hungry wolf sitting right next to her!

Is it just me or did Kase seem a bit jealous of Yamada's relationship with the best friend seeing all those pictures and hearing about how she came over to her house to tell her when she passed her exam and stuff?

I'm confused, are Yamada and Kase still dating?

I'm not sure why you're confused, since they are planning on moving into an apartment together next year when Kase can move out of the dorms... But I guess every chapter DOESN'T begin with Yamada's monologue about "even though we're both girls, we're dating"...

Uhhhh no, it's more of the fact that after this timeskip it just didn't seem like it.

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Is it just me or did Kase seem a bit jealous of Yamada's relationship with the best friend seeing all those pictures and hearing about how she came over to her house to tell her when she passed her exam and stuff?

Gotta love how everybody is talking about Kase thirsting and Yamada's innocence, but nobody (else) did talk about grumpy Kase feeling left-out about her Yamada running to someone else to share exciting events with....
I mean, comfort food much?
Tho, I think, at least Mikawachi noticed, which may be why she told Kase that everything was all thanks to her...

Great half chapter! I'll dub it "10 Shades of Kase-san":
Grumpy -I'm not jealous but this cake is mine now / I'm internally crying rivers-
Happy - I haz ice-cream-
Sparkling -Yamada's just adorkable-
Dumbfounded -I just got a door smashed into my face-
Casually Flexible -I alway take my shoes off like this-
Blushing -My GF is the most adorable thing in the world-
Possibly Pervy -What do you mean, "toilet obsession"?!-
Awkward -I'm in my GFs room and act like a total clutz-
Adorable -I have genuine interest in my GF's interests-
and of cos
Thirsty -(glance) ...Hope she didn't notice me drool.- Kase

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 6:47PM

3089135_1354253222168.89res_320_317
joined Apr 1, 2016

Just noticed one more thing.
Could an Uploader please fix the title of the last up'd chapter?
It should be
Chapter 22: Cherry Blossoms and Kase-san (Part 2)
not
Chapter 23: Cherry Blossoms and Kase-san Part 2

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 7:07PM

Mari%20-%20gf
joined Apr 1, 2015

FYI, it's in reference to this
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch08_1#12

I thought it was actually in reference to this
http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/kase_san_ch08_1#20

joined Aug 22, 2016

Gotta love how everybody is talking about Kase thirsting and Yamada's innocence, but nobody (else) did talk about grumpy Kase feeling left-out about her Yamada running to someone else to share exciting events with....

Mm, I did notice Kase-san was not particularly happy with it, but I glazed over it for the most part, because of the type of story this is and that it's Yamada. The story is without precedence where as a reader, I would be worried about the relationship between Kase and Yamada. Mikawa has never crossed the boundary between best-friend and something more while Yamada has never shown interest in Mikawa. And I highly doubt the story will ever take this direction.

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time and with such a momentous achievement for Yamada, of course she'd want to share it with the first person she could. Kase of course knew she passed, just not that Yamada was blubbering in triumph and relief. Yamada also could of simply have been too embarrassed to let Kase see her in that state. It may have been a tiny bit insensitive, but Kase is also the jealous type, even feeling defeated when Mikawa told Kase that she and Yamada exchange presents every year. There may have been another moment as well.

Aside from all that, and while I still am not very fond of Mikawa, I do like how she's respectful of Kase's feelings and conscious of Yamada's naivety and minor lack of sensitivity from time to time.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 9:39PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time

Wasn't Kase already in Tokyo

joined Aug 22, 2016

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time

Yes, but between classes and track for Kase and Yamada's own classes, they may not often get the chance to see each other.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Yes, but between classes and track for Kase and Yamada's own classes, they may not often get the chance to see each other.

What do you mean "yes, but"? (unless you think that Yamada and Mikawa are already living in Tokyo when they haven't gotten their acceptance letters yet?)
Because that's exactly it. Yamada getting the news -> in hometown
Mikawa -> in hometown
Kase-san -> in fucking Tokyo
Yamada definitely wouldn't have been able to share the news with Kase in person.
"Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time"
Well yeah. Between Kase and Mikawa, the latter's legit the only one in town. Yamada and Mikawa are def close friends, but in this situation, Mikawa was the only one she could run to [in tears] anyway
Unless I'm misunderstood what you meant, I'm just saying that that part of your guess doesn't hold up, or was oddly phrased :0

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 11:48PM

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

Did someone say Yamada initiating? ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)
http://i.imgur.com/G2BfLVS.jpg

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

Just noticed one more thing.
Could an Uploader please fix the title of the last up'd chapter?
It should be
not

done

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

It should be
not

I kinda suggested that this should be called Ch23 instead of Ch22 Part 2 since, unlike the previous two-parter which was split because of a cold, this one feels more intentionally segmented (i.e. there's proper lead-in monologue for each part).
Of course, this is all subject to change once a fourth tank gets released and we get a better idea of the chapter numbering.

Alextasha Uploader
Crystal3
Three Musqueerteers
joined Sep 25, 2013

It should be
not

I kinda suggested that this should be called Ch23 instead of Ch22 Part 2 since, unlike the previous two-parter which was split because of a cold, this one feels more intentionally segmented (i.e. there's proper lead-in monologue for each part).
Of course, this is all subject to change once a fourth tank gets released and we get a better idea of the chapter numbering.

hahahha I didn't even notice 22/23 issue. I only added ( ) xD I will keep numbers like they are now cuz it's not manga I'm uploading so xD It's not up to me :P

Rimg0054
joined Aug 22, 2016

Mm, I did notice Kase-san was not particularly happy with it, but I glazed over it for the most part, because of the type of story this is and that it's Yamada. The story is without precedence where as a reader, I would be worried about the relationship between Kase and Yamada. Mikawa has never crossed the boundary between best-friend and something more while Yamada has never shown interest in Mikawa. And I highly doubt the story will ever take this direction.

My take was less focused on Mikawa but on Kase. While we've seen her jealousy flare up a few times, it's still relatively rare, especially in a way this (cute and) toned down. The whole chapter made me feel like it was more focused on Kase's reactions and emotions than on Yamada. Although the chapter is supposedly from Yamada's POV. Still, the character Yamada still doesn't quite respond to Kase's very distinct displays of emotion here. I also wonder if this represents a shift of narration by the author who also wants to show more of Kase's take on... well, everything.

My best guess is that with how busy Kase is, Mikawa may have been the only one available at the time and with such a momentous achievement for Yamada, of course she'd want to share it with the first person she could. Kase of course knew she passed, just not that Yamada was blubbering in triumph and relief. Yamada also could of simply have been too embarrassed to let Kase see her in that state. It may have been a tiny bit insensitive, but Kase is also the jealous type, even feeling defeated when Mikawa told Kase that she and Yamada exchange presents every year. There may have been another moment as well.

Yes. I am still surprised tho, that most comments here focus on Kase's more sexual desires (which was just her 'blink and you'll miss it' glance at the end) rather than this much more prominent and overacted display of "I am miffed about my GF not sharing (or being able to share) things and situations that are this important to her" (And yeah, Kase's not blaming anyone, but she's still upset about the fact) - I know, it's well established Kase's the perfect gf, but... hey, look! She's really really that emotional about Yamada! She literally lost her cool - not going rage-mode, but internally obsessing, and shown to do so... which to my recollection of this story is not a common sight. That's usually a Yamada-thing to do...
Really, correct me if I'm wrong, but this whole chapter seemed to me quite loaded with expressive Kase... (in a good way, tho)

Aside from all that, and while I still am not very fond of Mikawa, I do like how she's respectful of Kase's feelings and conscious of Yamada's naivety and minor lack of sensitivity from time to time.

I very much agree with that. Mikawa is still hard to read and a bit difficult to like... But she seems to be on some kind of redemption-arc after her previous meddling and rumor-spreading.

joined Sep 9, 2013

redemption-arc? lets not go overboard. Mikawa has done nothing that needs any "redemption"

To reply you must either login or sign up.