Forum › Our Journey to Lesbian Motherhood discussion

joined Oct 16, 2013

First question: Who actually has the kid?

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

i love this step by step guidebook

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

Damn, if only there were some visual and cognitive process that gradually revealed the relevant information and details of the story over time.

last edited at Mar 8, 2017 3:30PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Damn, if only there were some visual and cognitive process that gradually revealed the relevant information and details of the story over time.

I find it funny how a lot of the questions asked are answered, or at least hinted at, in the Table Of Contents helpfully provided in Chapter 0.

American_virgin
joined May 25, 2014

Now of course depending on the country you might have stuff like adoption, surrogacy, freezing sperm or eggs prior to transition, or donated sperm or eggs to complicate the equation in the other direction. Plus probably stuff I forgot to mention.

As someone working in IVF, this ^^^. Getting eggs or sperm frozen before transitioning is a very good idea if you're wanting to have kids down the line.

As someone who is paying for fertility treatments, freeze all the gametes you can, so you and your partner can go the cheaper route of IUI for offspring (most women don't need IVF, but may need to try for up to a year).

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

My trans ass won't have future children so reading this makes me self-concious at best.
Cis lez-couples don't have it near as bad, it's at times like these I feel like the T should be removed from the abbreviation.

near as bad as.....who? trans lesbian couples? they would have the exact same problems as not having the sperm + egg combination. trans-cis lesbian or gay couples would, optimally, have the sperm + egg combo so there's no inherent child-bearing problem there. trans-cis straight couples, like cis lesbian couples, would probably not have the sperm + egg combo but if you're saying that straight couples in any way shape or form have it harder than gay couples then you're just flat out wrong.

A het trans woman wouldn't have a uterus, so that's out. And a post-op trans lesbian wouldn't have sperm at all. A pre-op lesbian may not have viable sperm depending on how long she's been on HRT and what particular drug.

As to gay trans men, I gather large doses of testosterone and uteruses (uterii?) don't get along all that well, which is what killed Robert Eads, subject of the documentary Southern Comfort. So you've may have questionable egg viability, again depending a lot on circumstances.

Now of course depending on the country you might have stuff like adoption, surrogacy, freezing sperm or eggs prior to transition, or donated sperm or eggs to complicate the equation in the other direction. Plus probably stuff I forgot to mention.

i said "optimally" for a reason. im aware of all these potential reproductive modifications. i was just speaking hypothetically in order to get at what op could possibly mean by "having it bad"

joined Feb 3, 2016

I am now emotionally invested in this series. and am interested in what is going to happen next. Hopefully all goes well :D

Aris_boch_avatar
joined Feb 14, 2015

crossing fingers pls have science babies pls have science babies pls have science babies

Na, this story doesn't look as if it had sci-fi elements, so it'll be using a sperm donor.

last edited at Mar 11, 2017 7:50PM

joined Sep 12, 2016

I'm more than elated that the first-ever official lesbian couple of Japan is getting their own comic

__remilia_scarlet_touhou_drawn_by_kameyan__79633e04034b3c99d7cf88e4370ce72e
joined Apr 28, 2014

Chapter 2: "We're Wife and Wife!"

But sadly, not http://dynasty-scans.com/series/wife_and_wife.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

How could a parent hurt their child when they come out to them? I can never understand such cruelty.

Nevri Uploader
Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Blank Mage posted:

Chapter 2: "We're Wife and Wife!"

But sadly, not http://dynasty-scans.com/series/wife_and_wife.

It wasn't the first ever manga about married couple, but based on actual real people. Wife Wife is fully fictional.

062589fd3c9f5577a916b303e3c6c27f
joined Nov 16, 2013

As to gay trans men, I gather large doses of testosterone and uteruses (uterii?) don't get along all that well, which is what killed Robert Eads, subject of the documentary Southern Comfort. So you've may have questionable egg viability, again depending a lot on circumstances.

It's thrown around a lot but there's really no proof for the testosterone = female reproductive organ cancer thing. There are cancers that respond to androgens but the same is true for estrogen and those are diminished greatly since testosterone suppresses estrogen production. Robert Eads died because he was refused treatment.

The vast majority of trans men don't want to get pregnant anyway though. Stories about "pregnant men" caused quite the media circus but it's still incredibly rare. Combined with the fact that egg harvesting requires being injected with large doses of female hormones and surrogacy is mostly illegal, having biological offpsring becomes very difficult when compared to trans women.

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 4:05PM

joined May 4, 2013

near as bad as.....who? trans lesbian couples? they would have the exact same problems as not having the sperm + egg combination. trans-cis lesbian or gay couples would, optimally, have the sperm + egg combo so there's no inherent child-bearing problem there. trans-cis straight couples, like cis lesbian couples, would probably not have the sperm + egg combo but if you're saying that straight couples in any way shape or form have it harder than gay couples then you're just flat out wrong.

A het trans woman wouldn't have a uterus, so that's out. And a post-op trans lesbian wouldn't have sperm at all. A pre-op lesbian may not have viable sperm depending on how long she's been on HRT and what particular drug.

i said "optimally" for a reason. im aware of all these potential reproductive modifications. i was just speaking hypothetically in order to get at what op could possibly mean by "having it bad"

Bad in the sense that cis-couples have other means of fertilization other than fusing their very own genes together.
Like getting a sperm-donation from a different family member of the couple, or just getting to know a different sperm-donator altogether,
same thing goes for trans-cis-couples really. Trans-couples wouldn't have the uteri neccessary to carry a child.

Though I suppose with one being pre medical transitioning, what could be done is taking the intact sperm and
preserving it for one of the other partners female siblings to carry their child. Though this would take much more
consent of the sister than a simple sperm-donation with them being pregnant for a long time before going into labour.
It'd be possible though technically..

last edited at Mar 13, 2017 6:48PM

Img_8611
joined Sep 8, 2016

This is shaping up to be really beautiful.

Not like it isn't already.

Screenshot%20(1097)
joined Apr 23, 2016

Bad in the sense that cis-couples have other means of fertilization other than fusing their very own genes together.
Like getting a sperm-donation from a different family member of the couple, or just getting to know a different sperm-donator altogether,
same thing goes for trans-cis-couples really. Trans-couples wouldn't have the uteri neccessary to carry a child.

Though I suppose with one being pre medical transitioning, what could be done is taking the intact sperm and
preserving it for one of the other partners female siblings to carry their child. Though this would take much more
consent of the sister than a simple sperm-donation with them being pregnant for a long time before going into labour.
It'd be possible though technically..

i still dont get what you mean. trans lesbian couples have the exact same means of fertilization as cis lesbian couples. for CARRYING the child they would need a surrogate mother but that is completely different from the topic of fertilization. and surrogate mothers for hire exist, there is no need to pressure a female family member into carrying a child.

joined May 4, 2013

i still dont get what you mean. trans lesbian couples have the exact same means of fertilization as cis lesbian couples. for CARRYING the child they would need a surrogate mother but that is completely different from the topic of fertilization. and surrogate mothers for hire exist, there is no need to pressure a female family member into carrying a child.

What I meant is the only feasible option for them to witness parenthood is adoption
since fertility goes out the window when medically/surgically transitioning. You said it.
Although looking at your avatar makes me feel like I'm being lectured..

Sin%20t%c3%adtulo-min
joined Sep 28, 2011

I really needed to feel good today

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Oh wow, remember reading this news when it first came out, can't believe I actually get to read about their life together. This is amazing.

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Sure felt like a lot even though it was only a few pages.

joined Nov 2, 2016

Wow at first I didnt realize this story is based on Koyuki Higashi story which is the first legally approved same sex marriage in Japan.
I first know of her on NHK show titled her story, too bad the show already expired on the nhk vod, fortunately someone upload the episode on youtube
Here if you wanna watch it https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CKCgDAV16b4

Really glad her activism of LGBT really spread out everywhere, including manga

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

This manga makes me really sad, but also fills me with hope. And other emotions... that are weird and deeply confusing me. (Points to those who get the reference)

I really hope everything goes well for those two. And for all the other gays! Aaaand now I'm worried! What am I supposed to feel?!

T%e1%ba%a3i%20xu%e1%bb%91ng
joined Mar 20, 2017

This chapter is so.. it felt so real.

MegaWallflower
Capture
joined Sep 22, 2014

This is so heart-warming.

To reply you must either login or sign up.