Forum › Amanozako discussion

joined Jun 30, 2015

Seija # 1

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Zounose at their best. Heavy canon-accuracy, interesting concepts, and reasonably dark

Yurikosmaller2
joined May 28, 2011

can someone explain to me what is going on?

joined Nov 4, 2015

Non-hooded Ichirin is a blessing

joined Jul 20, 2011

can someone explain to me what is going on?

Seconded. I feel like I only understood like half of it.

joined Apr 30, 2014

I'm sorry but this feels important - WHY does Byakuren have a motor-vehicle key?

joined Mar 4, 2017

i dont get it, but its good. If it have serial or squel with some explanations, it will good

sry for bad English

9029(1)a
joined Feb 9, 2013

I say, almost everything from Gaku Gaku Animal Land is 10/10.

joined May 10, 2015

I'm sorry but this feels important - WHY does Byakuren have a motor-vehicle key?

Because Hijiri drives a motorcycle.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Maybe it's just because I'm not that into Seija as a character, but I just can't get into this one enough to work through the layers and figure out everything that's going on. Usually this artist's stuff draws me in, but this one really doesn't. It's stuff that happens, it's a bit confusing, but I'm fine leaving it at that.

Ce1
joined Apr 11, 2016

What I understood from this is that Seija has the potential to become Amanozako, the goddess who, as mentioned in the doujin, is the origin of tengus and amanojakus (or is, in fact, Amanozako, albeit degraded in some form), so Mamizou devised a plan to keep her from turning.
They manipulated Seija into kidnapping Kosuzu, spread the rumor of "a child being kidnapped by Amanozako", so everyone started to believe it was the case. Since this is Gensokyo, belief molds reality and Seija started to become Amanozako, but she stuck to her pride as Amanojaku and turned back.

joined Aug 3, 2022

To me, this is still Zounose's most confusing work to date. From what I could grasp, Seija kidnapped Kozusu and the more influential villagers used this as an opportunity to finally create a ruler for the human village, by using Seija as the offering to summon Amanozako to save the kidnapped child, thus recognising her as a savior. However, since the youkai do not want the humans to have a ruler, Mamizou created a plan to save Kozusu and prevent Amanozako. She doesn't want Reimu intefering because 1) it is the humans who are trying to create a new ruler, so this is a human village issue , 2) it would reveal the kidnapped child to be kozusu and 3) the villagers displeasure with the Hakurei shrine maiden would increase as she prevented something that would, in their eyes, benefit the village. Mamizou knew Shou, or at least someone from the temple, would jump in to save Kozusu(as stated by her last line), thus saving Kozusu and disrupting the ritual.

Loose ends:

. The villagers want to keep Kozusu's identity hidden to make the rumour more confusing, Mamizou wants to keep Kozusu's identity hidden to reduce panic.

. Pg 29 is about how Mamizou and Nue knew of Seija's plot before anyone else and were able to create a counterplan, as Seija spilled the details to Nue like an idiot.

.Pg 19's comment on the shabbiness of the ritual by Tojiko is about the human's relying on people's faith in Amanozako to save them causing her to manifest rather than actually summoning her with a priest. The humans in charge gathered all this faith by purposefully spreading a confusing rumour.

.pg 55 Nue said her seeds were not needed as everyone already expected Kozusu to need saving(when the seeds took the form of her arm), so there was no need to trick them(although this is abit confusing)

.pg 53 Nazrin's comment is about other influential villagers becoming suspicious if those who planned the ritual actually cared about Kozusu's wellbeing and villagers begining to disregaurd the rumours as most of the people who spread it were not there firsthand. Thus the incident was forgotten and order returned.

The amount of mental gymnastics this took to justify a doujin about one of my favourite characters, but hey, I hope this block of words was at least useful to those who spent the time to read it.

last edited at Jan 9, 2023 12:51PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.