Forum › Scandal discussion

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

Still thinking that Ayane played her cards really well.

All is fair in love and war.

No, not really. Not for either, really--there are ways to win war that lose the peace.

I'm thinking that Ayane's "love" is not the typical variety. What she wanted is possession, not a relationship. In that way, she clearly succeeded in achieving her goal, with no real cost or downside other than the amount of effort she had to put in to stalking Misaki. Now, Misaki is completely dependent on Ayane - her place in society has been taken from her and she has no one else to rely upon. This isn't a recipe for a healthy relationship, but it is exactly what Ayane wanted.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Ayane is definitely a spiritual sister to ponytail girl in Truth.

Only desperate bush-league yanderes need to carve up the competition.

joined Jan 31, 2013

Well, bitch got what she wanted. No matter what it takes. And I'm not even sorry for the girlfriend. She just gave up like she wanted to end the relationship anyway ...

Your_hair_has_gotten_longer_by_folksneedheroes-d5l5v69
joined Apr 23, 2015

Phew. That was freaking cold. nicely done. poor kid. I do feel for her. but the author needed to tell this tale it seems and it's got that "fin" label on the last page so that's that.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

i disagree. Nagisa did have some mistrust, but she moved to resolve it, albeit poorly. She tried to address an issue. I found it preferable to letting it fester. The mistrust is arguably reasonable as well. I'm sure most people would feel some kind of unease if their significant other spends a lot of time with another person who happens to be very hands on.

I think Misaki's situation is getting "lost in translation" so to speak. Being an AKB48 fan, I think I can understand where she's coming from. Misaki's close friendship with Ayane is part of her "character," the way she presents herself to her fans. It's like the friendship between Mayuyu and Yukirin from AKB, to name an example you can google. Can you imagine what would happen if Mayuyu suddenly stopped being close with Yukirin? It would definitely have a negative impact on her career as an idol, since that friendship is part of her "character." Likewise, Misaki can't really stop being close to Ayane. The only possible solution would be to quit, which is why Misaki says Nagisa basically wanted her to quit being an idol.

This situation is similar to date an actress and complain she has to kiss other people on camera. That's part of her job, and she can't possible refuse any roles that include kissing if she hopes to have a successful career. As her parter, you have to suck it up. Or you shouldn't have gotten together with an actress to begin with.

Likewise, if you're gonna date an idol, you gotta know what you're getting into. Otherwise it's best if you don't even try. Heck, idols can't even date openly, so you wouldn't be able to go on dates or even walk around. Dating an idol is not easy, and Nagisa clearly wasn't ready for it.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 8:43PM

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

So does this qualify as yandere even though it's not the physically violent sort?

I'm a bit late to this discussion, but I'd say so, yes.

joined Jul 25, 2016

Should have seen that coming but it was pretty obvious something like this would happened to get the girl you like but hey at least she didn't went yandere mode XD

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

That. Was. slick. Score!!

Ss%20(2016-08-30%20at%2003.24.35)
joined Sep 26, 2016

I think Misaki's situation is getting "lost in translation" so to speak. Being an AKB48 fan, I think I can understand where she's coming from. Misaki's close friendship with Ayane is part of her "character," the way she presents herself to her fans. It's like the friendship between Mayuyu and Yukirin from AKB, to name an example you can google. Can you imagine what would happen if Mayuyu suddenly stopped being close with Yukirin? It would definitely have a negative impact on her career as an idol, since that friendship is part of her "character." Likewise, Misaki can't really stop being close to Ayane. The only possible solution would be to quit, which is why Misaki says Nagisa basically wanted her to quit being an idol.

I mean, it is healthy to be honest about your relationship. Talking is really critical. If you can't talk about a nightmare you had where your partner died, or that you are worried they will cheat on you then it is unlikely it would last. While those are inherently childish fears, the idea is that they can easily be dismissed, "I won't die!", or, "I will never cheat on you! I love you!" Are simple enough to say. Like the first time where Misaki did it with a kiss. Instead it went immediately to, "You want me to quit my job?!" the second time. Nagisa was laying it on a bit thick, but the fear was reasonable. If it was portrayed as something that was going on for a month instead of a week or two then I would say that Nagisa is fully in the wrong. Though, I am still in the camp where I am thinking it was more of a, "Can you stay further away from Ayane off of work?" Kind of thing.

The second issue is, how much of a pushover you want to be? Like, I know that dating an Idol is hard, same with an actress as you said, but if you let your partner go completely unchallenged doing all manner of thing without showing any signs of jealousy, it is going to come off that you don't really care about them. It is a tricky situation where you have to balance understanding and passion.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

i disagree. Nagisa did have some mistrust, but she moved to resolve it, albeit poorly. She tried to address an issue. I found it preferable to letting it fester. The mistrust is arguably reasonable as well. I'm sure most people would feel some kind of unease if their significant other spends a lot of time with another person who happens to be very hands on.

This situation is similar to date an actress and complain she has to kiss other people on camera. That's part of her job, and she can't possible refuse any roles that include kissing if she hopes to have a successful career. As her parter, you have to suck it up. Or you shouldn't have gotten together with an actress to begin with.

Likewise, if you're gonna date an idol, you gotta know what you're getting into. Otherwise it's best if you don't even try. Heck, idols can't even date openly, so you wouldn't be able to go on dates or even walk around. Dating an idol is not easy, and Nagisa clearly wasn't ready for it.

This is all no doubt true. But what is also true is that among show-biz people, that good-looking hot co-star who is all over one's girlfriend (oh, but it's just for work, don't be paranoid) often does actually steal them. It's practically a real-life cliche it happens so much; there was a time when Angelina Jolie barely went a movie without breaking someone up. And indeed, in this case said co-star had been planning all along to do so. So really, how trusting should Nagisa have been?
And she didn't necessarily need Misaki to change her behaviour. Just, acknowledge that this is something that can be hard on a person--a bit of understanding. Which was not offered.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 12:25AM

joined Feb 18, 2015

Well, it kinda sucks when you are 100% right about the other girl trying make a move and you end up getting dumped because of her scheming! I would have preferred having the clueless wonder figure out that she was played in the end instead of losing the girl who really loved her and her career just to be the toy of the other girl.

Soralaylaff
joined Oct 16, 2013

Oooooh so scadalous. I really liked this. Even with the twisted end, I always enjoy stories about idol life haha. I was actually hoping for Misaki to end up with Ayame instead of staying with Nagisa so yay I guess? I just wished Ayame wasn't a crazy mofo and it didn't cost Misaki's career as an idol.

I don't feel too bad about Nagisa. She had so little faith in their relationship that I don't think it was gonna last long term anyway. Like even if she was on the right track in terms of Ayame's feelings, I didn't like how she handled her jealousy. Like yes she should raise her concerns to Misaki and talk about it, but I didn't like that passive aggressive way she did it through the phone. Also wtf was she thinking sending that kissing photo over text. Never leave a paper trail man.....

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 2:33AM

joined Jun 12, 2012

Misaki is brain dead. Ayane is a master ruseman

joined Sep 23, 2016

What a bitch!

joined Jan 15, 2017

I am surprised people liked Nagisa at all. She seems like kind of a passive agrressive gnat. Not to mention she nopes out of their relationship after one fight. Being outed and realizing your job is over are pretty mitigating circumstances for Misaki.

Oh well, perhaps Ayane will treat her better. Slight manipulativeness aside, they seem to be doing well 6 months in.

Credit
joined Jul 14, 2013

All is fair in love and war so... Well done Ayane you got your girl :D

joined Jan 14, 2015

That was just not enjoyable, none of the characters were that enjoyable and the ending was both predictable and made no sense. I'm not against bad ends and manipulation is yuri stories but there's gotta be something interesting in it and this just had nothing.

joined Sep 19, 2014

I'm not surprised by the end but I still feel a bad taste frome this.

I liked the drawings but this gave me shivers! It's really not a sane relationship! And I'm definitely not happy with this ending.

Simple-butterfly-tattoos-designs
joined Apr 24, 2015

I am surprised people liked Nagisa at all. She seems like kind of a passive agrressive gnat. Not to mention she nopes out of their relationship after one fight. Being outed and realizing your job is over are pretty mitigating circumstances for Misaki.

Oh well, perhaps Ayane will treat her better. Slight manipulativeness aside, they seem to be doing well 6 months in.

its like you didn't read my massive post at all.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

I mean, it is healthy to be honest about your relationship.

Sure, but if you're complaining about something that doesn't have any actual solution because it's part of your parterner's job/career, the whole thing is kinda pointless. If you're gonna date an idol or an actress you gotta know what you're getting into before you even try. I honestly think Nagisa shouldn't have started dating an idol. She clearly wasn't ready for something like that.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

This is all no doubt true. But what is also true is that among show-biz people, that good-looking hot co-star who is all over one's girlfriend (oh, but it's just for work, don't be paranoid) often does actually steal them. It's practically a real-life cliche it happens so much; there was a time when Angelina Jolie barely went a movie without breaking someone up. And indeed, in this case said co-star had been planning all along to do so. So really, how trusting should Nagisa have been?

Misaki and Ayane aren't co-stars. They aren't actresses. They're an idol unit. Why does that matter? Because unlike actresses, for idols even their friendships are part of their job. The job of an idol isn't just to perform on stage, it's to create a "character" to appeal to the fans. The idol has to show that "character" all the time. They are meant to represent a fantasy for the fans, after all.

So Misaki can't realistically stops being close to Ayane. Her relationship with Ayane is part of the idol package they're selling to the fans.

Nagisa should have known what she was getting into from the get go. The Japanese are much more aware of what it means to be an idol than we are.

And she didn't necessarily need Misaki to change her behaviour. Just, acknowledge that this is something that can be hard on a person--a bit of understanding.

I don't think all Nagisa wanted was understanding. I think she wanted a solution, and that's the problem because there was no solution, short of Misaki quitting her job.

Cromartie%20highscool
joined Jun 7, 2014

Shouldn't this have a yandere tag?

Edit: After reading the comments, I think this should be yandere, sure she's not crazy or violent, but the fact that she's willing to hurt others to get what she wants in such meticulous and cold way definitely is a yandere in my book.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 10:05AM

Timheadshot_5050
joined Nov 4, 2016

Misaki and Ayane aren't co-stars. They aren't actresses. They're an idol unit. Why does that matter? Because unlike actresses, for idols even their friendships are part of their job. The job of an idol isn't just to perform on stage, it's to create a "character" to appeal to the fans. The idol has to show that "character" all the time. They are meant to represent a fantasy for the fans, after all.

So Misaki can't realistically stops being close to Ayane. Her relationship with Ayane is part of the idol package they're selling to the fans.

Yes, that's the professional face they have to present. That doesn't mean they have to be as close in private life as they portray for the fans, though. I mean, isn't she supposed to be "friends" with the other girls in the group? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but seems to me like normally their behind-the-scenes relationship is more professional.

Nagisa should have known what she was getting into from the get go. The Japanese are much more aware of what it means to be an idol than we are.

Nagisa sees the public stuff and doesn't mind. However, when Misaki herself sends a picture of her and Ayane being close, that is when it gets a bit much.

There is a reason why the "you vs the [girl/guy] [he/she] tells you not to worry about" meme exists.

I don't think all Nagisa wanted was understanding. I think she wanted a solution, and that's the problem because there was no solution, short of Misaki quitting her job.

All she needed was a reaffirmation of their love. It was a cry for attention. The reason Misaki flew off the handle was because she had feelings for Ayane. She could've just said that her feelings for Nagisa are different from her feelings for Ayane. She could maybe even have said that she'd talk to the other girls/her manager to see if there's anything they can do. There's dozens of ways to handle a bit of jealousy that don't involve just dropping everything right here, right now.

10466e3de
joined Oct 25, 2014

Yes, that's the professional face they have to present. That doesn't mean they have to be as close in private life as they portray for the fans, though. I mean, isn't she supposed to be "friends" with the other girls in the group? Maybe I'm misunderstanding something, but seems to me like normally their behind-the-scenes relationship is more professional.
Nagisa sees the public stuff and doesn't mind. However, when Misaki herself sends a picture of her and Ayane being close, that is when it gets a bit much.

The pictures Misaki sent to Nagisa are the same pictures she posted on her official idol blog. So it's not like she's showing off a private relationship or anything. Nagisa sees the same thing Misaki's fans see. Nothing more.

All she needed was a reaffirmation of their love. It was a cry for attention.

She was already getting lots of attention. Heck, she was going on actual dates with Misaki (remember there was a picture of them in a magazine article!!), which means Misaki was already putting her idol career at risk for the sake of their relationship. I mean, you do know that idols can't be in a relationship, right? And yet, Nagisa still has the gall to be mistrustful.

Sorry, but I can't sympathize with Nagisa. It's not like she's a bad person or anything, but she has no business dating an idol with that attitude. Being an idol is a supper demanding job with all sort of unreasonable rules, and if Nagisa can't show some support and trust, she might as well look for another girlfriend.

last edited at Mar 6, 2017 10:35AM

Clover0Project
Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

On another note, can someone tell me what is shenanigans?

Mischief. Pranks. Sometimes of a deceitful nature.

This is late, but thank you!

To reply you must either login or sign up.