Forum › Scandal discussion

raainbowmagicc
joined Sep 28, 2011

So, wait, how did any of that happen? Okay, schemer girl saw the photo of them kissing and sent it to herself, got that part. That seems like something that would leave behind really obvious evidence if she sent it via the chat client, email, or anything else that's quick, but idk, maybe she bluetoothed it, who knows. But she also wrote an accurate and detailed article about their lives, too? Maybe they talked at length about their dates and home life through chat and email, but that still takes time to read through. Did she also send herself all of their chat logs as well? When?

The way it's presented, she starts arguing with the other idols almost immediately after being left with the phone, but even if a couple of minutes passed in that one frame, that still seems like barely enough time for her to do all the things she must have done, on top of having to do it in a way that leaves no traces or having to erase her footprints afterwards. And then she has the whole article written and posted seemingly by the next day? It all just seems like a bit of a stretch, not to mention how heavily reliant the entire plan is on Misaki being bizarrely casual with her dangerous personal information (after just getting into a scandal about it!) and incredibly distrustful of Nagisa and nobody else.

I'm definitely biased against bad endings, so maybe I'm being unfair and overly critical, but even judged on its own merits, I can't help but think this story is still just too sloppy? It's just not satisfying in any sense. It said it was the author's "brilliant one-shot debut", which... I guess is at least half true. It's definitely a debut. Not sure I'd describe it as "brilliant", though. In any sense of the word.

I'm also so confused cause the screenshots were like they came from the girlfriends phone and that's the confusing part, like if the friend did it then shouldn't it have been reversed, like the picture should have been on the other side getting received if the screen shot was from the girlfriend, but instead it was like the girlfriend did it. It would be so much work and confusing for the friend to do all that and to play it like that, I just don't understand ;s
Overall i liked the story, and it's a shame it's a one shot :/

joined Aug 22, 2016

"Hey, I dislike that you're this close with the girl with who you work with, especially since we're in a relationship..."
"YOU WANT ME TO QUIT MY DREAM JOB?!"

... Logic. Personally, I blame a lack of education.

My reaction; "That's what you're mad about?"
I'd personally be upset that my girlfriend didn't trust me, but in a round-about way Nagisa was kind of asking her to stop being an idol. At least being in a unit with another girl.
The relationship with Nagisa wasn't all that healthy either and she was kind of controlling. Their relationship wouldn't last.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 10:11PM

joined Jan 8, 2014

omg!!!
ok first, that's a good manga to debut on(good planning there) cause you know everyone is talking about 'wth' at the yuri water cooler...
and omg, just too many plot holes!! like is the MC really that stupid? she's in the entertainment biz, has competition with other idols but can't figure that shit out?!!!
(my guess is her idol partner like photographed the MC's screen or something? and then like put them on a memory card? then sent it off to a magazine? shrug )
ugh, it's just so obvious and so upsetting, honestly I hope the MC is blissfully happy with ayane, because if she ever finds out that a whole year was based on a lie, whew, talk about destruction!!
crazy!!
I don't want to even get started on the "fight" before all that...
man....such a ride, definitely that mangaka will be releasing more(I don't want this one to have a part two unless it's about Nagisa and her blissful relationship lol....

thanks for scantalating! ^_^

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 10:21PM

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

omg!!!
ok first, that's a good manga to debut on(good planning there) cause you know everyone is talking about 'wth' at the yuri water cooler...
and omg, just too many plot holes!! like is the MC really that stupid? she's in the entertainment biz, has competition with other idols but can't figure that shit out?!!!
(my guess is her idol partner like photographed the MC's screen or something? and then like put them on a memory card? then sent it off to a magazine? shrug )
ugh, it's just so obvious and so upsetting, honestly I hope the MC is blissfully happy with ayane, because if she ever finds out that a whole year was based on a lie, whew, talk about destruction!!
crazy!!
I don't want to even get started on the "fight" before all that...
man....such a ride, definitely that mangaka will be releasing more(I don't want this one to have a part two unless it's about Nagisa and her blissful relationship lol....

thanks for scantalating! ^_^

Yeah, the fact that she gives her phone to someone else, right after receiving a picture of her girlfriend kissing her, is mindblowingly stupid.

Untitled102_20231004232707
joined Mar 26, 2014

Sigh that sucked ... I mean both relationships were unhealthy but not being able to realize your best pal (fellow idol) has the hots for you and was the one to leak that info. Psssh STUPID GIRL.

Snowfox
joined Jan 31, 2015

The relationship with Nagisa wasn't all that healthy either and she was kind of controlling.

Unless Nagisa already knew something about Ayane or her intentions. In that case her behavior would make sense. Perhaps there's some history between them that a sequel would reveal.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

Well happy end I guess? Their relationship was so fucking weak that it probably would not have survived anyway.

yups, what an awesome ending ^^
their relationship are weak to begin with, its only the matter of time : P

Ayanee is way better than nagisa,
I bet Ayanee would never let Misaki off the hook that easily just like stupid Nagisa

"Finally... its finally mine...
Misaki
is an idol just for me"

look at how obsessive Ayanee really is , she's so freaking gorgeous :3

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 11:51PM

Ab.%20dog
joined Jan 23, 2016

How the heck did they get into a relationship in the first place when there was such a lack of trust between the both of them?! Nagisa should have already gotten used to Misaki being close with her fellow idols. And as for Misaki, she's a bit too extreme with her accusations!

Ugh, now I'm just bitter.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Damn that was mean!!!.... But i kinda liked it .....(๑•̀ㅁ•́๑)

joined Apr 1, 2014

Predictable ending. Nothing new.

A85b3543-23b0-436a-a1a7-7ef9eb4e7778
joined Apr 30, 2016

I hope a squel fùcking exists... This ending is unacceptable to me, Nagisa better how someone else to love and live happily every after... Damn... Didn't see it coming until Ayane was showing some signs of affection

1-1%20-%20copy
joined Feb 3, 2013

ayane: hacker's voice i'm in

joined Apr 24, 2015

G l ad stand won

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

How the heck did they get into a relationship in the first place when there was such a lack of trust between the both of them?!

I thought it was quite a realistic depiction of relationships. People aren't perfect, they get jealous.

But damn, that ending was really horrifying. Poor Misaki ended up going out with a psycho. Definitely a bad ending.

Overall the story was okay. Although I prefer happy endings, not every story needs one. I would even call this a tragedy.

joined Jul 13, 2014

A sequel with Nagisa as protagonist would be nice.

Korrasami
joined Dec 14, 2014

Lmfao. Even my dumbass knew she did that when she had her phone. XD Misaki didn't love Nagisa enough anyways. But seriously half a year later, you're with the Ayane, the one your Ex didn't trust in the beginning. She still didn't see any red flags??

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 1:17AM

Capture1%20edited1
joined Jul 10, 2016

Daaaaaang giiiirrlllll

uzumakixhinata
joined Nov 7, 2013

damn. I like ayane better so the ending was to my preference.

%e3%83%81%e3%83%83%e3%83%86%e3%82%a3
joined May 10, 2015

Oh my~
I'd count this as borderline yandere.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Just a thought, but I get the feeling that Nagisa sent Ayane the photo she secretly took while kissing Misaki. Or Ayane was hiding in the closet :P

The relationship with Nagisa wasn't all that healthy either and she was kind of controlling.

Unless Nagisa already knew something about Ayane or her intentions. In that case her behavior would make sense. Perhaps there's some history between them that a sequel would reveal.

In that case and considering some of Misaki's behavior, it is plausible that on some level Misaki was looking for a reason to end the relationship with Nagisa.

If not, Nagisa would still be unfairly distrusting of Misaki as it would imply that she believes Misaki wouldn't or can't turn down advances from other people. If my girlfriend felt that way about me, I'd be upset as in the end it still means she doesn't trust me. Going further, it would hurt knowing that she believes that I can't handle myself.

To truly justify Nagisa's behavior towards Misaki, there would be something that Nagisa honestly could hold Misaki at fault for. In the end, it's an unhealthy relationship as either Nagisa doesn't trust Misaki (right or wrong) or Misaki is in some manner not being completely faithful.

I'd love to see a sequel to iron these things out.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 2:17AM

joined Aug 23, 2013

Debut work

Well here's hoping that the author's career will be a short one.

joined Aug 22, 2016

Debut work

Well here's hoping that the author's career will be a short one.

Or a long one and the creator's work will develop and improve over time. Glass half full, half empty, or always full?

V True, I liked this one-shot so I didn't mean to imply that is was bad and that the author needs to improve. But generally works improve (or decrease) relative to quality of the starting point during the course of a career.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 2:31AM

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

Or maybe they're a good/promising author and happy moe blob yuri isn't the only thing that needs to exist?

Nevermind, silly me. 0/10 needs more uguu

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 2:23AM

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

Seems like a best possible ending for these people really. Nagisa will hopefully find someone better to have an actual meaningful relationship with, while the idiot and the psycho can live happily ever after together as they deserve. Everyone wins!

Insignificant
6bf226425af0
joined Dec 5, 2016

Seems like a best possible ending for these people really. Nagisa will hopefully find someone better to have an actual meaningful relationship with, while the idiot and the psycho can live happily ever after together as they deserve. Everyone wins!

Hmmm, this have quite a sense. I'm dumb. If look at the ending from this side... So is it a good ending? I'll keep telling myself that it is.

last edited at Mar 5, 2017 3:19AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.