Forum › Scandal discussion

N7
joined Aug 12, 2014

What a biatchh! I need sequel now!

200069l%20(1)%20(1)
joined Dec 25, 2015

Wow, that bitch. Truly diabolical. I love her.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Fffffuck

just

Fuck.

Images%20(1)
joined Mar 26, 2014

W-wait. What? When? Fuckin' how???

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

That was correct? I want a sequel where Misaki finds out the scam

joined Jan 8, 2017

"Hey, I dislike that you're this close with the girl with who you work with, especially since we're in a relationship..."
"YOU WANT ME TO QUIT MY DREAM JOB?!"

... Logic. Personally, I blame a lack of education.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Well well what do we have here?

Manipulative friend in love? And a heartbroken normal girl? An innocent idol?

Oooh i'm outta here.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 6:52PM

joined Aug 11, 2014

So, wait, how did any of that happen? Okay, schemer girl saw the photo of them kissing and sent it to herself, got that part. That seems like something that would leave behind really obvious evidence if she sent it via the chat client, email, or anything else that's quick, but idk, maybe she bluetoothed it, who knows. But she also wrote an accurate and detailed article about their lives, too? Maybe they talked at length about their dates and home life through chat and email, but that still takes time to read through. Did she also send herself all of their chat logs as well? When?

The way it's presented, she starts arguing with the other idols almost immediately after being left with the phone, but even if a couple of minutes passed in that one frame, that still seems like barely enough time for her to do all the things she must have done, on top of having to do it in a way that leaves no traces or having to erase her footprints afterwards. And then she has the whole article written and posted seemingly by the next day? It all just seems like a bit of a stretch, not to mention how heavily reliant the entire plan is on Misaki being bizarrely casual with her dangerous personal information (after just getting into a scandal about it!) and incredibly distrustful of Nagisa and nobody else.

I'm definitely biased against bad endings, so maybe I'm being unfair and overly critical, but even judged on its own merits, I can't help but think this story is still just too sloppy? It's just not satisfying in any sense. It said it was the author's "brilliant one-shot debut", which... I guess is at least half true. It's definitely a debut. Not sure I'd describe it as "brilliant", though. In any sense of the word.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 7:05PM

Tumblr_inline_nmpg2zqwcs1s53ljo_100
joined Apr 4, 2014

Misaki the fucking idiot let Ayane choose photos for her blog, page 11. But it's not like she would know Ayane had evil intentions so yea...Fuck this was like the best one-shot I've read in a while defo classifies for yandere but if we tag it, the story might be spoiled. Also are the other girls part of the same idol franchise but different units like AKB48 and SKE48.

YeShallBeAsGods
Untitled
joined Sep 10, 2015

So, wait, how did any of that happen? Okay, schemer girl saw the photo of them kissing and sent it to herself, got that part. That seems like something that would leave behind really obvious evidence if she sent it via the chat client, email, or anything else that's quick, but idk, maybe she bluetoothed it, who knows. But she also wrote an accurate and detailed article about their lives, too? Maybe they talked at length about their dates and home life through chat and email, but that still takes time to read through. Did she also send herself all of their chat logs as well? When?

The way it's presented, she starts arguing with the other idols almost immediately after being left with the phone, but even if a couple of minutes passed in that one frame, that still seems like barely enough time for her to do all the things she must have done, on top of having to do it in a way that leaves no traces or having to erase her footprints afterwards. And then she has the whole article written and posted seemingly by the next day? It all just seems like a bit of a stretch, not to mention how heavily reliant the entire plan is on Misaki being bizarrely casual with her dangerous personal information (after just getting into a scandal about it!) and incredibly distrustful of Nagisa and nobody else.

I'm definitely biased against bad endings, so maybe I'm being unfair and overly critical, but even judged on its own merits, I can't help but think this story is still just too sloppy? It's just not satisfying in any sense. It said it was the author's "brilliant one-shot debut", which... I guess is at least half true. It's definitely a debut. Not sure I'd describe it as "brilliant", though. In any sense of the word.

All those side notes the editors put on are overblown, so I suggest not to put any stock in em. Since Misaki left Ayane the phone to update the blog, my guess is this isn't the first time Misaki let her do that. And a few minutes is more than enough time to flip through the conversation log and have all she needed. Or even copy and paste a huge portion of the log and forward it. Even though Line is super encrypted, it's easy to wipe by just deleting a chat and it's really easy to forward messages.

Ah, and all the yuri on here requires a lot of suspension of disbelief to enjoy. Especially because romance genres, and yuri in particular, rely on really ridiculous miscommunications for suspense.

And hot damn, I love when some good, albeit dark, yuri comes in. Angst, drama, and romance, the real yuri combos. None of that empty shipping or pretend yuri subtext!

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 7:34PM

joined May 26, 2016

That was correct? I want a sequel where Misaki finds out the scam

I kinda want one to so I can laugh when misaki gets rekt'd and Nagisa gets a worth wild girlfriend

themusicman500
Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

How wicked..

Fennec
joined May 28, 2012

I like how the title can be interpreted in many ways.

Sulk
joined Jul 19, 2015

Saw that shit comming away from a mile away.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

We all see that coming ages ago... but what a bitch, well I guess not all stories have a happy ending, that's reality. I feel sorry for her girlfriend.

Large
joined Jun 4, 2012

IDK, it was definitily horrible for me, and it is missing something too.

The way the 2 fought was lacking something and it was over like nothing.

I know i am a person who always want a good ending to like something, but i still think something was not written well enough here

Untitled%20(1)
joined Aug 24, 2016

well that just happened

Img_8812564559060
joined Oct 6, 2015

I like the ending.. :P

57e011396781cdc3308f5aefac880571
joined Feb 19, 2016

Goddamnit Dynasty.

I know you don't want to spoiler stuff via things like a "Bad End" tag, but at least here you could've tagged it with "NTR" and it might've save some people from accidentally stumbling upon and reading this shit.

13164189_1038285312906628_8689400332772314133_n
joined Jun 30, 2016

Well... shit

Urashi C. Pin
Copy%20of%20corn%20thief%20maki%20maki%201
joined Jun 17, 2014

I shall then Kek. of the mightiest of keks

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

I'd like to feel outraged, but aside from the predictable ending, the way they broke up showed that they really weren't too close together to begin with. The moment things went sour, Misaki simply gave up.

Then again, Ayane was "Sakana no Miru Yume" level of an asshole.

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

IDK, it was definitily horrible for me, and it is missing something too.

The way the 2 fought was lacking something and it was over like nothing.

I know i am a person who always want a good ending to like something, but i still think something was not written well enough here

As someone who's had a very similar thing happen things can end this simply and quickly, even if it's lasted like two years. You only know how strong a relationship is when it's tested.

Anime-anime-boy-black-and-white-boy-favim.com-1570867
joined May 7, 2014

Da Fuck ?! Well I guess I just have a meaningful lesson to learn.

schuyguy Uploader
Imura%20ei%20music%20concert%20face
Yuri Project
joined Jul 14, 2016

This reminded me strongly of Othello (the Shakespeare play). The scheming Iago uses manipulation and trickery to take advantage of the mistrust and jealousy in his rival's relationship, driving a rift between Othello and Desdemona to overthrown Othello. Except instead of Desdemona, Othello, and Iago all ending up dead, Desdemona is banished, and Othello becomes Iago's trophy wife. And they live happily ever after.

Of course, it's not a perfect match. But this really gives the feeling of traditional tragedy, where "good" characters are brought low by their fatal flaw. In this case, Nagisa's jealousy, and Misaki's pride.

last edited at Mar 4, 2017 10:03PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.