Forum › The Steps of Adulthood discussion

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

There's also the side that if they're trying to keep their relationship secret, in this case due to both gay and idol, putting it on the ring finger would be WAY too blatant. A pinky ring would be looked at by others as a simple fashion choice, while to each other and those they choose to tell, it would be much more significant.

S129
joined Aug 2, 2015

That's happens a lot in things I read but I think its strange to masturbate while thinking the person you love no actually while thinking a person. Person might be happen but I don't know... I would not put the person I love into my fantasies. It's just after doing that how can you face that person without getting embrassed. It would be really awkard.

Oh, maybe because I'm a guy.

Nope, I'm the same way, and I'm female. I tend not to think about anyone I actually know cuz it's beyond awkward

joined Feb 12, 2016

anyone noticed that the date on maki's phone was the date of her birthday?

joined Apr 25, 2013

Long hair Niko is the best.
Why did the anime make her into a brat?

joined Feb 13, 2016

anyone noticed that the date on maki's phone was the date of her birthday?

Indeed, that was why Maki has a ring. It's a nice subtle detail of the story.

last edited at Feb 13, 2016 3:21AM

Twintail_Maiden08
Img_0013
joined Feb 13, 2016

This is probably the first time I have ever read a manga like this D: ... I got so interested with Maki and Nico that it led me to a Yuri Manga... Mind blown. XD

But OMG, I hate to admit it buuuuut...it was really good (o) although I have never read this kind of genere lol.
Two thumbs up for @Karuha <3 It was really good :D A nico nico nii for you ! XD

joined Jan 12, 2014

I loved this story too and agree, mature Nico is the best. Sometimes you gotta be the senpai and not just the loli tsundere. xD
From what I get Nico put the ring on her as a surprise.

But I have a question for someone who might know: does a ring on the pinkies have some special meaning for yuri couples? I think I saw this on a couple of yuri mangas...

Well a ring as a gift will always have special meaning if it comes from the person you love and I think Nico gave Maki a ring because she want to give something that would show how much she love her and a ring is the perfect gift for that :) and yep in the Girlfriends manga Akko gave Mari pinky ring too as a christmas present

Yes, it was in Girlfriends. And also in Akiko Morishima's "We're Aiming for Love Now" where the ring on the pinky is very noticeable. And maybe in others I don't remember now.

There's also the side that if they're trying to keep their relationship secret, in this case due to both gay and idol, putting it on the ring finger would be WAY too blatant. A pinky ring would be looked at by others as a simple fashion choice, while to each other and those they choose to tell, it would be much more significant.

Yeah, that makes sense. But I was just curious if it had some hidden meaning, as it was not the first time I saw it. ^^'
Plus in Japan the pinky finger is used to represent a girl, so maybe my brain was just trying to connect inexistent dots. xD

Unnamed%20(1)
joined May 12, 2015

I like the subtle revelation that it's Maki's birthday in the end.

Karuha is now officially my favorite artist/author. She(her Pixiv says she's a female) makes her characters realistic. So far, I've only read her Nicomaki doujins and I don't know if she makes anything other than those. But she's still my favorite. I like how she portrays the emotions of her characters, their insecurities(evident in her previous work) and all. Her art is great too.

Sfffffffff
joined Dec 12, 2014

Maki had the most human answer to when they were doing it at Nicos house O.O

Truth. This is actually the first yuri manga/doujin I've read where they actually said the things that most female couples tend to put aside, the 'who's the top and the bottom' the 'i dont want the only one to feel good' 'how do we come at the same time' etc etc.

this was embarrassingly honest.

last edited at Feb 14, 2016 8:25AM

_20160312_005637
joined Jan 30, 2016

Aaaaa. Another great NicoMaki work from Karuha. What a great way to start the day

joined Feb 15, 2016

Ōshima u are a cute nkmk one but Karuha's has stories and smooth ecchi ;-; ilu //all love also for murata and Tami furu sigh

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

That's happens a lot in things I read but I think its strange to masturbate while thinking the person you love no actually while thinking a person. Person might be happen but I don't know... I would not put the person I love into my fantasies. It's just after doing that how can you face that person without getting embrassed. It would be really awkard.

Me neither and I'm a girl. I'd feel too guilty to (it's like I'm dirtying the girl I like >< no no no i can't) But my guy best friend said he thinks of his girlfriend when he does it, so maybe there are people like that in the world as well

Art
joined Jan 31, 2013

Best line: " I can taste the toothpaste..."
Is that also happen in real life?

Why, yes, I've never kiss someone except my dogs, and their mouths taste like sh*t.

last edited at Feb 16, 2016 7:29AM

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Me neither and I'm a girl. I'd feel too guilty to (it's like I'm dirtying the girl I like >< no no no i can't) But my guy best friend said he thinks of his girlfriend when he does it, so maybe there are people like that in the world as well

Not to get too specific but, ahem, yes, yes there are.

whoknows
Mig
joined Jan 19, 2016

ooshima tomo is bettah! ~_~

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

ooshima tomo is bettah! ~_~

ffs, are we applying shipping wars to artists now?

You like Ooshima Tomo better, go read a story by them. I think we might have one or two on the reader, no need to put down other artists in the process.

blinkkittylove
Hug
joined Jun 7, 2016

The morning after, with Maki waking up, hands over face, and all that follows is storytelling greatness, steeped in real and accessible emotions. It's still a little weird for me that there are creators who spend so much energy on characters not their own, but some of the stories obviously needed to live.

last edited at Jun 14, 2016 2:34PM

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Seeing this pop up in the forums prompted me to read it again and gosh, what a perfect doujin. The flow in this is outstanding. The storytelling is incredibly smooth and is able to so nicely capture the distinct dichotomy of calmness and nervousness that exists on the night of the "first time" for a relationship that came from friendship first. The interactions are all very human and natural, its really just a wonderful doujin. I love this artist so much <3

Tumblr_oxoecixdga1vromy9o1_400
joined Nov 4, 2016

This one will always be one of my favorites

Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Karuha is my new god.

joined May 30, 2015

so beautifuk

joined May 30, 2015

ful

joined Sep 19, 2019

Nah, I'm a guy as well and even back in the days when I was a teenage boy with raging hormones I would never entertain the idea of masturbating over somebody I knew. It just feels completely off.

last edited at Sep 28, 2019 10:31AM

A%20%20gallery_compress77
joined Jan 11, 2019

Masterpiece (◔‿◔)

To reply you must either login or sign up.