Forum › RIP Binbou Scans (NEWS)

Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Now where are we going to deposit our severed limbs?

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Nooooo, not Binbou Scans! Why, world, why must you be SO CRUEL??

Oh, was going to make a thread, but this works.

Allow me to answer questions either nobody had nor care about, then I'll disappear back into the æther. Names are left out, but probably easy to guess anyway.

Why is Dear My Teacher stuck at stuck at chapter 5.5 on this site?
Other than the numbering being a stupid problem that I planned to fix with the next release since it was going to be the first omnibus... In order to get their version of the release uploaded, a scanlation group lied saying I gave the go ahead for it to happen. This group also made the false assumption that I had given up on scanlating it completely, despite me responding to comments when I could saying it was still happening and even saying I had translation scripts up to the current chapter at one point on this forum. The main reason it was only scripts for this long is because I hate cleaning dust off scans more than anything and I couldn't hold down a productive editor to save my life. I talked with the group about improving their release, they agreed to collaborate, I bumped heads with their translator, and they came up with a convenient excuse to drop me. If I could go back and do things differently, I would. That's likely impossible at this point. I then talked with Dynasty about taking my works down, they didn't want to, we came to an agreement in a rough way (included removing DMT chapters), I gained and lost uploader status in a 24 hour period, and this is where we are. If any of this seems irrational on my end, add on an incredibly stressful new job in the middle of this and a slew of other personal problems...not really an excuse, but it's things that have been having affecting me a lot over the last couple years. This is incredibly summarized as it all happened over the course of a couple months and I'm probably not doing a great job explaining things, sorry.

Why was your blog removed?
Personal reasons. If I choose to come back at any point once things are straightened out, it will be under a different group name that should be easy to guess as it's the opposite of Binbou. The reason my uploads are still here is because I promised, otherwise they probably wouldn't be.

What was left behind?
At one point I completely dropped cleaning scans because of my distaste for it, this is why most of our releases at the end were Tamamusi because it was all digital. That led to a backlog of 20 or so translation scripts both typed out and written in a notebook I have. Off the top of my head:
-Every DMT chapter minus the most current one, Dear My Girl (ready for release), and extras
-Various Ajiichi oneshots and the start of one of her short series.
-Various Caramel Crunch oneshots
-The complete Fuwari series by Caramel Crunch
-The entire last volume of Choir!
-Half of the second volume of Baba Yaga (tried starting translation for this many times, but this manga is kind of awful)
-Rest of the Misuzu and Hina series
-Handful of chapters from Childdrops by softcharm
-Some non-digital Tamamusi work

Anyone that wants to edit these is welcome to...whenever things start working out for me or I decide to toss scripts out there. There were plans for various other original works I collected at one point. Since starting scanlation I've accrued over 3000 doujinshi (mostly yuri)...I won't get into how much this cost or how I did it, that would be embarrassing and this post is already stupid enough.

TL;DR
I'm an attention whore or something. Questions?

__kawasumi_mai_and_kurata_sayuri_kanon_drawn_by_hiro_dismaless__af8fff43e603564f6b7349639e863a67
Fellowship of Freelancers
joined Oct 11, 2010

Is there a way to access what you have? I'd personally be interested in working on DMT and more Tamamusi if no one else lays claim to them, and I'd be interested in at least looking at the other stuff that's there.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Since starting scanlation I've accrued over 3000 doujinshi (mostly yuri)

3000 yuri that will remain untranslated, this hurts more than a silver arrow piercing my yuri lover heart.

That said, I thank you for all the efforts you've put into your work and the yuri you've provided us over time. I wish you the best and to succeed in life. I would have missed many of the best Tamamusi's work without your endeavor, so, again, thanks.

Farewell !

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 4:52PM

Is there a way to access what you have? I'd personally be interested in working on DMT and more Tamamusi if no one else lays claim to them, and I'd be interested in at least looking at the other stuff that's there.

No real way for now. Most of the scans and scripts are on a backup drive somewhere from when I upgraded my computer. This is the first time I've been on my desktop in nearly a month because of my current schedule. I'll see what I can do at some point.

3000 yuri that will remain untranslated, this hurts more than a silver arrow piercing my yuri lover heart.

Take away collecting things that were already translated (Takemiya Jin, Shuninta, etc.) and non-yuri, maybe more like 1800. Bring it down to 1400 for yuri that isn't complete trash (those are the best ones though imo). The original yuri doujinshi market has some interesting hidden gems, but there's a lot of it that ranges from good to mediocre.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

Ugh. Drama.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

TL;DR
I'm an attention whore or something. Questions?

i mentioned this to pekoe, but im not sure if they passed it on to you. ive been extremely busy with college for a few months now, but i am still very much interested in finishing up Choir. it would be slow going, but i still have the raws and scripts for the last volume. would you mind if i keep going with it? and if i can, would it be all right to release them on dynasty? its your raws and translations so i dont want to do anything with the series that you dont approve of.

this is Shrimp Mayo, btw.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

speaking of which, I'd be greatly interested in the raws of choir vol.3, can't find it anywhere :/

Ugh. Drama

Ugh, I know. We should just euthanize everyone involved.

i mentioned this to pekoe, but im not sure if they passed it on to you. ive been extremely busy with college for a few months now, but i am still very much interested in finishing up Choir. it would be slow going, but i still have the raws and scripts for the last volume. would you mind if i keep going with it? and if i can, would it be all right to release them on dynasty? its your raws and translations so i dont want to do anything with the series that you dont approve of.

this is Shrimp Mayo, btw.

My answer to the first question is go ahead. My answer to the second one is if it's ever going to be uploaded here, it will be done by me personally. Those involved at Dynasty understand what I mean by this. That may mean it never gets uploaded here, either from my own decision or someone else's. If that's the main thing driving you to finish it, I'm sorry to disappoint.

speaking of which, I'd be greatly interested in the raws of choir vol.3, can't find it anywhere :/

Raws we have are uncropped and unleveled. Not the best thing to put out in the public. I don't think anyone else ever scanned it.

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 6:33PM by

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

My answer to the second one is if it's ever going to be uploaded here, it will be done by me personally. Those involved at Dynasty understand what I mean by this. That may mean it never gets uploaded here, either from my own decision or someone else's. If that's the main thing driving you to finish it, I'm sorry to disappoint.

Well that sounds just...stupid.

Animeyuridanshismall
joined Apr 25, 2014

My answer to the first question is go ahead. My answer to the second one is if it's ever going to be uploaded here, it will be done by me personally. Those involved at Dynasty understand what I mean by this. That may mean it never gets uploaded here, either from my own decision or someone else's. If that's the main thing driving you to finish it, I'm sorry to disappoint.

thats fine. would there be anywhere that you wouldnt mind me releasing at so it gets some exposure? i just dont want the only release to be a post on /u/'s recent release thread where not many would see it.

drpepperfan Admin
Ss%20(2018-09-18%20at%2004.40.05)
joined Oct 12, 2010

If you want to self upload them, that sounds fine by me.

I pay for roughly 500+ doujinshi a year. You do not know the limits of this stupidity. It goes deeper than you could ever imagine.

thats fine. would there be anywhere that you wouldnt mind me releasing at so it gets some exposure? i just dont want the only release to be a post on /u/'s recent release thread where not many would see it.

BakaBT is nice strictly as an archival website, and they'd take it since that would finish the series. Batoto...I suppose? I hardly know anything about the place. Readers with ads will also pick it up anyway...

If you want to self upload them, that sounds fine by me.

Well there we go. Sounds like it'll take a while to get done (Choir! I mean), we'll see where I'm at whenever that happens.

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 7:15PM by

Ava
joined Jul 16, 2013

I pay for roughly 500+ doujinshi a year. You do not know the limits of this stupidity. It goes deeper than you could ever imagine.

Just stating how it is. Other sites will put it on without asking, why denying it Dynasty?

Just stating how it is. Other sites will put it on without asking, why denying it Dynasty?

*Two months worth of dialogue*

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 8:11PM by

7559b8a9-a380-4c4d-84c0-67d9a337a5d3
joined Jan 30, 2013

agh this hurts

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Raws we have are uncropped and unleveled. Not the best thing to put out in the public. I don't think anyone else ever scanned it.

Don't care at this point, only links I found are dead, so even a bad raw is still better than no raw.

Qndkfwtexmw51%20-%20kopie
joined May 20, 2014

Hello,

The Zärtlichkeit du Yuri here.

We figured we should say something briefly as it may not be too hard to connect the dots that we’re the mentioned scanlation group.

First, I apologize that things did not go well between us and for the number of misunderstandings and miscommunications. We didn’t know what you were going through at the time, nor did we know what you did and did not have translated.

Normally, there is an etiquette to avoid stepping on each other’s toes in claiming releases, but it was hard to interpret your prolonged silence mid-scanlation. Though, we know now you were busy with your job. This etiquette is followed so that groups are not doubling up on work and releasing the same projects, thus wasting ours and the community’s time. When it seemed you were gone from the project, we went ahead with it.

The etiquette, which I must stress is a vaguely defined and unspoken rule, is NOT in place to protect a group’s or individual’s ownership of a scan. While we respected your general wishes, we do not feel we did anything wrong nor did we need your permission to make the release or upload of what became a shared project. Save for some particular instances, like with Yuri-ism and Three Musqueerteers, we do not have permission to be working on them and none of us own these releases.

To be clear, DMT had not been worked on in over a year and we were asked to continue it. So we did. If a collaboration does not seem to be going well, for absolutely any reason, “convenient” or otherwise, we reserve the right to immediately terminate it.
I also apologize that we cannot reconcile our different viewpoints, as I believe our personal philosophies on scanlation ultimately render us irreconcilable. We, TZdY, view scanlation as a by the community, for the community process which we also happen to enjoy participating in. We do not try to claim rigid ownership or control over our releases.

That being said Arc, may we release DMT and our Ajiichi doujins here? We are still unclear as to exactly why these releases are not allowed. We may continue working on DMT, depending on our own workloads, goals, and what the readers want, and for the sake of those who wish to see the remainder. These releases will be on the main TZdY blog and in a few other standard channels for anyone interested. It would be better, for the community, to peaceably resolve this and ideally get more yuri to more people. I understand if you would prefer not to, though.

Finally, I would like to apologize to Dynasty for getting wrapped up in the middle of our dispute and our miscommunications and for having to play referee in what does and does not get uploaded. We respect your decision not to upload DMT, though we would like it to reach as many readers as possible.

We felt it would be better to handle this publicly so everyone is civil and on the same page.

To be clear, DMT had not been worked on in over a year

This is untrue by what I have stated. The only work not being done was editing, translation happened immediately after each release by Ajiichi.

That being said Arc, may we release DMT and our Ajiichi doujins here?

The answer is no. If you hadn't lied to get them pushed through, the answer might have been different. If this sort of apology had been made before all of that, the answer might have been different. If you had offered up your skills with editing and done a collab release with my scripts from the beginning, the answer would be yes. It's still possible to do that with other Ajiichi doujins, I have fully translated scripts to 5 or so of her oneshots, but that probably either won't happen because of our "differences" or that I've already given up for an uncertain amount of time. Either way it would be the same as with Choir!, it wouldn't be uploaded here for the near future. A big issue with this that was severely affected by personal problems was I wrote out most of these scripts while finishing college during breaks between classes, while working at a dead end job during my breaks or even in the middle of work because I hated the job, sometimes during the little free time I had while neglecting my social life. That's barely the tip of the iceberg when it comes to problems in my life right now, I'm not looking for sympathy so I won't get into it. Putting out that release, lying about my permission, giving me the run around with that "collaboration" (I know there was a lot of miscommunication, but that's how I see it), made a complete waste of the effort I'd already put into the chapters I worked on. No, I don't own the right to scanlate these things. That's why I wanted my work removed from Dynasty initially, they don't own my work. If you really want those chapters to be uploaded here, that's what needs be done but not by me and DMT will be removed up to chapter 5.5.

This may sound stupid to a lot of people, lots of cries about unnecessary drama. I care, or at least did care, greatly about this sort of thing, which is why it remained as private as it could be until now. Sorry.

last edited at Feb 23, 2017 5:17PM by

joined Jun 12, 2015

^Wow. This is indeed stupid.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Strangely enough, and inspite of my wish to see more yuri uploaded, I kinda get where Arckuno is coming from and I'd rather be by their side here.

If one thing is stupid, it's that out of all the scanlation groups, the quarrel has to be between yuri translators, goddamn. Yuris need love, so the genre can expand, not this sort of drama ...

last edited at Feb 23, 2017 5:39PM

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

^Wow. This is indeed stupid.

Yep. Love it when the readers have to suffer because of personal drama...

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

All I'm getting out of this is that I'm going to have to be quick in downloading Dear My Teacher and wait even longer for Choir to finish.

To reply you must either login or sign up.