Forum › ROMANTIC SUMMER discussion

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

A new Karuha doujin is always nice to see.

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

Woah, this was so cute... and the art gorgeous!

Weh
joined Nov 20, 2016

Those shades are killer

Ss%20(2013-06-03%20at%2007.40.38)
joined Aug 23, 2014

Beautiful and heartwarming

Images
joined Dec 15, 2016

Such a beautiful art and story

RumpledForeSkiin
joined Jun 27, 2016

maki-chan the cannibal
Maki is a cannibal.

Ff1a724c73fac5cdbd12f79a54966a5025f54c394c232611e6a1c490a4e4b1db
joined May 22, 2014

Nico not being a tsundere is creeping me out.

Heres%20wakasa
joined Jul 28, 2016

Ah, as cute and slightly erotic as all of Karuha's excellent works are. Well, I haven't read a Karuha doujin in a while, so the "slightly erotic" part is just conjecture, but I'm positive that all of her stuff's cute, at least. I do have a few questions though...

Page 7: "Sorry, sorry. I'm just teasing. This makes happy." Uh, am I reading this wrong cause it doesn't really make sense the way I'm reading it.

27: What's up with that "Nishikino Souseki-san" thing? Is it a nickname Nico has for Maki? The only experience I have with Love Live is reading the yuri doujins, so I'm not too familiar with all this stuff (though it certainly does help a lot with learning more about LL).

joined Apr 15, 2013

Oh... Japanese Yuri...?

Sure is, hotel patrons. A meal with a show.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Very pretty. Not just the art, but the story has a very pretty feel, which I'm certain doesn't make sense to anyone but me

27: What's up with that "Nishikino Souseki-san" thing? Is it a nickname Nico has for Maki? The only experience I have with Love Live is reading the yuri doujins, so I'm not too familiar with all this stuff (though it certainly does help a lot with learning more about LL).

She's referring to Natsume Souseki, who's famous for (apocryphally) saying that a Japanese person would never say something as blunt as "I love you", but instead talk around the point with a phrase like "the moon is beautiful"

Optimized-tonari_no_robot
joined Aug 24, 2015

Gosh, Karuha you're killing it. What a wonderful doujin with beautiful, beautiful art.

I feel like the vacation setting was a nice way to explore nico & maki with their guards down. Getting to see the characters interact without their constant tsundere masks generated such a relaxed and heartwarming story.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

NicoxMaki jauge refilled to the max !

Nico is like "no time for tsuntsun, go full dere !" and I like it. :p

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

I think the entire summer was a dream by Nico. Proof: her breasts are at least as large as Maki's. At least on the cover.

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 4:08AM

joined Feb 13, 2016

Page 7: "Sorry, sorry. I'm just teasing. This makes happy." Uh, am I reading this wrong cause it doesn't really make sense the way I'm reading it.

Nico was teasing Maki about the trip invitation, because she wasn't being straightforward with it, and asking if people were coming with them even when Maki was making it seem like a trip that was only for the two of them.

Natsume Souseki has this famed phrase “the moon is beautiful” to express the Japanese equivalent of “I love you.” In that scene, Maki was kinda doing the same thing and Nico as usual was just messing with her while also subtly saying that there will be next times in wonderful places in the course of their relationship.

joined Feb 22, 2017

What nicoxmaki went to bali, indonesia >,<
They should pay visit at my home :

joined Jan 8, 2014

Gosh, Karuha you're killing it. What a wonderful doujin with beautiful, beautiful art.

I feel like the vacation setting was a nice way to explore nico & maki with their guards down. Getting to see the characters interact without their constant tsundere masks generated such a relaxed and heartwarming story.

agreed, and the final scenes on the balcony gave off an air of maturity...seeing Nico be herself instead of the 'tsun' and boastful show she always has...
ahhh vaca'ys are the best

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 5:43AM

joined Feb 23, 2016

Omg this was sooo beautiful!!

41tfud1d6wl
joined Jun 14, 2016

nico maki in bali. nice!

UranusAndNeptuneAreJustCousins
joined Sep 6, 2015

agreed, and the final scenes on the balcony gave off an air of maturity...seeing Nico be herself instead of the 'tsun' and boastful show she always has...
ahhh vaca'ys are the best

Exactly, an air of maturity, I adore how it conveyed that. It also reminded me that Nico is the older one, though I can not pinpoint the exact reason for why I suddenly took notice of that. I like stories like this much more than the usual tsundere approach.

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Its a good day when a Karuha dj is posted. Thanks so much for making my morning, scanlators!!

Aki
joined May 22, 2014

'But you don't know do you?... That we're lovers' Aw please, everybody knows guys!!! :B

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

^This actually confused me. They don't know that they're lovers...? What.
This is just my opinion but I think most of Karuha's doujins are set years after the anime timeline, that's why they're matured enough not to be tsun tsun around each other anymore

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I think she was refering to the powerstone lady, who probably think they were two very close friends.

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

^^
I was a bit puzzled by that remark, too. I had thought that the multi-chapter volume about them back in school had already established them as lovers. But oh well, you can always chalk it up to the last few vestiges of tsun left in Maki.

e: note to self: refresh early and often.

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 11:30AM

Nicouriconimp%20140px
joined Sep 5, 2012

I think she was refering to the powerstone lady, who probably think they were two very close friends.

Oohhh omg, I'm slow.. what the hell... Thank you for that.

Lol, no worries. Or Karuha just like them to be more dere since nicomaki is known for bein tsun tsun. Or this is the tsun in public but dere in private.

Edit: One last question.. What's the figure four leglock...?

last edited at Feb 22, 2017 12:09PM

To reply you must either login or sign up.