Forum › Stories where the MC's spouse chooses to leave her to get married, but...

joined Dec 19, 2016

Either gets told off by the MC and/or actually regrets it. Either doesn't do it and comes to the MC or if she does get married, she gets back together with mc after like in Bridesmaids. In Pulse (chapter 22), the bride finally worked up the courage after 12 years (seems kinda long though) and her and the bridesmaid were finally together.

Like in Instinct and a Chromosome, the MC's girlfriend chooses to get married, but comes back at the end because she doesn't want it.

I just want some happy endings even if they are away from each other because of marriage.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

I kind of raise an eyebrow at the folks saying Bridesmaids now isn't a downer because hey, there's a follow-up in an otherwise unrelated series and the MC only had to suffer the heartache anyway, and then be alone for more than a decade. I dunno, I'd consider that still pretty crappy.

A2bcf11834a1918b3f09b4219b2a099f_r
joined Aug 16, 2014

I kind of raise an eyebrow at the folks saying Bridesmaids now isn't a downer because hey, there's a follow-up in an otherwise unrelated series and the MC only had to suffer the heartache anyway, and then be alone for more than a decade. I dunno, I'd consider that still pretty crappy.

I haven't read the follow up, but this actually sounds even worse than the original ending. The Bridesmaid should've just moved on and become happy with someone else.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

I guess Ratana Satis took some heat because of how Bridesmaid ended, so she made up for it in Pulse, as an appeasement gift. No need to search for a deeper meaning. Grudges don't make anyone happy.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

You could try The Power of Love by Morinaga Milk. It's a one shot Rhythm and Police doujin, not a series, but it's kind of like that. The bride runs off with the bride in the end.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I knew it all along ;)

Also : Midnight flower, you can't miss it!
Mama mama from Shunita sensei could work too, but since it got some people salty I'd get called a troll if I blindly recommend it.

joined Dec 19, 2016

No doubt. I mean... It's great they got together in the end, but it took the bride 12 FUCKING YEARS to work up the courage. I still feel bad for the bridesmaid.

last edited at Feb 21, 2017 6:37PM

joined Dec 19, 2016

I knew it all along ;)

Also : Midnight flower, you can't miss it!
Mama mama from Shunita sensei could work too, but since it got some people salty I'd get called a troll if I blindly recommend it.

That Mama Mama is a weird one. I mean, it doesn't really fit what i'm looking for. I mean they are together, but still married to their husbands.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I assumed the twelve years wasted included the time as just friends before the wedding because even though she understood each other's feelings she refused to act on them. Also, how could she have been married for twelve years and not pop out a couple of kids? And if I'm wrong, oh well, I like my version more.

joined Dec 19, 2016

I assumed the twelve years wasted included the time as just friends before the wedding because even though she understood each other's feelings she refused to act on them. Also, how could she have been married for twelve years and not pop out a couple of kids? And if I'm wrong, oh well, I like my version more.

No, I think the bride says she was married for 12 years. I mean, she says it was a loveless marriage, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have kids.

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

No, I think the bride says she was married for 12 years. I mean, she says it was a loveless marriage, I wouldn't be surprised if they didn't have kids.

"I married a man I didn't love, for the sake of my family... and ended up turning my back on the person who mattered to me the most... I was a fool. Twelve years, wasted... until I managed to muster up the courage to do as my heart truly desired. She was there for me then, and when it all came to an end... It's always been her by my side."

It's ambiguous enough for me unless it's just due to how it was translated. The 12 years could either mean the amount of time it took her to follow her heart, including the time when they were friends before the marriage, or the marriage itself. I just have a hard time believing that she was married for 12 years and didn't pop out a kid, loveless or not. She got married for the sake of her family, you think she would have had a kid a few years later for the sake of her family as well.

joined Dec 19, 2016

"I married a man I didn't love, for the sake of my family... and ended up turning my back on the person who mattered to me the most... I was a fool. Twelve years, wasted... until I managed to muster up the courage to do as my heart truly desired. She was there for me then, and when it all came to an end... It's always been her by my side."

It's ambiguous enough for me unless it's just due to how it was translated. The 12 years could either mean the amount of time it took her to follow her heart, including the time when they were friends before the marriage, or the marriage itself. I just have a hard time believing that she was married for 12 years and didn't pop out a kid, loveless or not. She got married for the sake of her family, you think she would have had a kid a few years later for the sake of her family as well.

I guess you could look at it that way. I just thought she meant it took her 12 years to get out of her marriage.

joined Dec 19, 2016

I was wondering if there were any other stories.

Yuri Girl 1001 Uploader
Avitar
Fly by Yuri
joined Mar 29, 2013

I was thinking that Ichiban Sukina Hito from Wildrose vol. 1 by Izumiya Otoha might fit the bill here. Well sort of anyway.

joined Dec 19, 2016

I was thinking that Ichiban Sukina Hito from Wildrose vol. 1 by Izumiya Otoha might fit the bill here. Well sort of anyway.

http://dynasty-scans.com/forum/topics/11721-yuri-couple-halted-by-one-of-them-being-with-liking-boys - That would fit this request more, but thanks. I'll check it out. XD

joined Jan 16, 2017

Oh wow, I didn't know about the Bridemaids thing. That's neat.

To reply you must either login or sign up.