Forum › Bloom Into You discussion

Wooper
joined Oct 25, 2015

Immediate reaction: This feels so dooooomed....

Comment reactions: The discussion has been stimulating. People have drawn up a number of interesting parallels and contrasts. It's inspired me to share my thought on how Yuu and Nanami compare.

Yuu is clearly naive in love and/or romantic relationships, but that makes perfect sense with her lack of experience. Some people just start late with the whole liking people thing--and it can come on very suddenly. She seems to be dealing with this (new to her) situation all right to me. The thing that really struck me was the close of chapter 17 (when the plot of the play is revealed) as we see a conclusion materializing in her head. I found that sequence very pleasing because my take away was that Yuu wasn't going to be just another dense-about-emotions character. I think Yuu's neurological wiring and/or emotional disposition is less familiar to most of us,

I am with everyone thinking Yuu is headed straight into a heart trap, but the real tragedy for me is Nanami. Nanami is self destructing and Yuu is one of the innocent by standers (the other being Sayaka) she is sort of dragging along for a bit on her way. She thinks she can or she is trying to handle more (self-imposed) responsibilities and expectations than she can. And the girl cannot let go (on her own).

I think Touko truly cares for Yuu, but her sister still seems to be too more important. She has to keep Yuu at a distance (by teasing, not talking too deeply, too long about herself, etc.). It was naive of her to act with Yuu like some robot or forever-puppy-type who would not develop feelings while being in an overtly romantic relationship. It was naive and a bit selfish, but I would also call it hopeful and desperate. If, upon realizing Yuu's feelings, Touko tries to dismiss them and disconnect, they are both going to suffer greatly; be it grief, betrayal (Yuu), hopelessness (Touko) nor withdrawal (either). I am not sold on Yuu's ever more apparent attraction being the main catalyst, but it will not mix well into whatever welling up in Touko's situation.

One last thought (re parallels): Touko is not the only one fighting for her image (or images). Yuu is trying to deny her perceived loss of her stolid persona. (She's feeling affected.) Yuu's struggle seems much more of a bittersweet (maybe more bitter than sweet) coming of age tale; whereas Touko's facades breaking down seems like it could be a more lasting scar on her life. It's really interesting how these two and their stories are interacting.

This manga is so very refreshing. I have no clue what is going to happen, but the romantic in me is looking forward to it. This has romantic tragedy written all over it!

P.S. +1 to Nakatani doing a story for adults. Or just anything post high school, really.

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

I want this manga in paperback so much.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Buy all the releases! Support Nakatani! Make the anime adaptation a reality!

Edit: @ffins07 Love your post, btw. You pretty much got the essence & developments of the manga down really nicely & comprehensively.

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 1:42PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

I was re-reading and something doesn't make sense... in the first part she says "I will make you fall in love with me" and then 8 chapters later she thinks "please don't fall in love with me"... I DON'T GET IT, did the author forgot that she wrote the first part?

last edited at Feb 4, 2017 3:04PM

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

I was re-reading and something doesn't make sense... in the first part she says "I will make you fall in love with me" and then 8 chapters later she thinks "please don't fall in love with me"... I DON'T GET IT, did the author forgot that she wrote the first part?

Idk when or where you reread, but Dynasty has updated the earlier chapters with the translations from 4s, because iHoshiku had made 2-3 translation mistakes
Here's the page/chapter you were quoting

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Talking about glaring TL mistakes, I don't know if anyone has pointed this out yet, but this page rlly bothers me. Apparently, Yuu is not saying that Touko is the most important person to her, but that she believes Touko needs her the most and so she decides to stay by her side. This makes sense in context of the entire story so far while "I believe that you're the most important person to me" just comes out of nowhere.

Hibikimeronbaruzu39
Not%20bubbline%20but%20still%20cute%202
joined Mar 15, 2016

The image at the end of this chapter implies the birth of her new feelings emerging. The way she's shown in a fetus position like she's born anew - very clever from the author.

I kinda thought it was about innocence, since Yuu's falling in love for the first time, she's completely unguarded for the heartbreak Touko's bound to give her.

What?!?! She's going to reject her? And, if that's true, why would you spoil that? :(

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ It's just a prediction. Since Touko doesn't want Yuu to love her, some of us predict that Touko will cause Yuu a heartbreak of some form at some point if Yuu starts to let her feelings slip out too much (doesn't have to be rejection though).

P/s: I love your avatar <3

last edited at Feb 7, 2017 1:47AM

91174211_215395393136656_8792315491096985600_n
joined Dec 5, 2016

Just re-read it, found further evidence that Touko's gonna break Yuu's heart. Check out the bit in chapter 13 when Touko appears terrified that Yuu's happy to be with her.

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

Touko is really a selfish blockhead, she says that love is violent that she don't want it, yet she imposes exactly that on Yuu.
In my opinion her love for Yuu is just an egocentric way she found to relax herself when she need to.

last edited at Feb 12, 2017 7:17AM

Tumblr_oacx7rl55f1tltatqo1_500
joined May 19, 2016

https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/831378079167635456

The only reason i'm happy for the valentine day, thank you

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

https://twitter.com/yagakimi/status/833524916406226944

Preview for next chap. Look at them cuties in their casual clothes <3
The title suggests a focus on our love triangle this time while the tweet & spoiler pic mention bath time (Sayaka's first time going to a public bath house?)

last edited at Feb 20, 2017 1:52AM

joined Feb 21, 2017

Does anyone know when the next chapter will be up? :)

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

Does anyone know when the next chapter will be up? :)

I'm not part of the scanlator crew, but from past experience, the answer to that question is probably "When it's done". :-)

joined Feb 21, 2017

Hi Koveras,
Thanks for responding- I didn't mean to sound like I was trying to rush the creative process, I just didn't know if there was a release schedule for the chapters. I only started reading this series recently and noticed that a lot of the chapters seem to be uploaded around the 1st and 30th of the month, so I was hoping to confirm that the latest chapter may be coming up soon! I'm just excited :)

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ This series is released on the 27th every month. So it'll be coming out next week (Raws have been leaked earlier than release date lately tho). The TL team is pretty fast so the translated chap comes out about a few days afterwards. We'll have our new chap soon :)

joined Feb 21, 2017

Thank you!!

^ This series is released on the 27th every month. So it'll be coming out next week (Raws have been leaked earlier than release date lately tho). The TL team is pretty fast so the translated chap comes out about a few days afterwards. We'll have our new chap soon :)

Episode9-2
joined Mar 9, 2014

Awwww, she's rolling in bed! That's a good/bad sign - depending on whose perspective we're speaking from.

It really looks like it's building up to something truly great. Hope it's going to be cathartic af, but not too tragic

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4999042069

They weren't kidding when they said that this chapter was about bath time. I feel you, Touko, I feel you.

last edited at Feb 26, 2017 12:09PM

joined May 19, 2016

http://tieba.baidu.com/p/4999042069

They weren't kidding when they said that this chapter was about bath time. I feel you, Touko, I feel you.

When the raw come so much faster you feel like you need a seatbelt. Thank you for sharing!!
When Sayaka and Touko is so aware about the bathtime and then there's Yuu

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Np!

I might not survive for long if Yuu continues to be so casual about things... wiping blood and drool

joined May 19, 2016

^ Np!

I might not survive for long if Yuu continues to be so casual about things... wiping blood and drool

You're not alone, Touko won't survive that either

last edited at Feb 26, 2017 8:01PM

joined May 19, 2016

http://www.mediafire.com/file/rvztxw530fv3nad/%5B4s%5D_Yagate_Kimi_ni_Naru_-_20.zip

translation is out. Thank you 4s, a group of kind people

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Waking up to see that the TL for this chap is already out makes my day. Thank you!

"To touch or not to touch?"
That's a million dollar question right there. Especially coming from Yuu lol

last edited at Mar 1, 2017 12:22PM

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

THAT 3-WAY SEXUAL TENSION.

IT'S UNBEARABLE.

To reply you must either login or sign up.