Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I bought choco for myself & stole some from my friend. Great Valentine.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Sup, Utoptia?

Yo bro', how're you doin ?
I'm stomping on LoL actually :P Hence my current avi !

Wait what? What do u mean by that?

Edit: Oh you mean League of Legends?

Hows life going?

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Sup, Utoptia?

Hows life going?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Sup, Utoptia?

Hows life going?

Well, I'm enjoying my holidays, the perfect opportunity to do what I don't normally have the time to do to snooze.
How are you doing yourself bro ?

Btw I like that Ulq x Inoue avi, although you must be disgusted if you read the end of bleach !

last edited at Feb 15, 2017 9:11AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Nez, what's the best way to PM you. I don't want to crap up any of the threads on this forum, but there is something I'd like to discuss with you. It is shipping wars related that has been bothering me. It's stupid but I'd like to get it off my chest.

Hop on the IRC (the megaphone icon at the top), I'm on there a lot.

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Sup, Utoptia?

Hows life going?

Well, I'm enjoying my holidays, the perfect opportunity to do what I don't normally have the time to do to snooze.
How are you doing yourself bro ?

Btw I like that Ulq x Inoue avi, although you must be disgusted if you read the end of bleach !

Oh you mean long weekend. Enjoy it while you can becuz after that it's exam time HAHAHAHA!!!! ->:D

Pretty good. Playing lots of yuri visual novels.

Tell me about it -_- It was so predictable and boring. Most of it empty as hell. There was no chemistry. Ichigo and Rukia would have made more sense.

You read fanfic of them i guess r8?

last edited at Feb 15, 2017 12:45PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Oh you mean long weekend. Enjoy it while you can becuz after that it's exam time HAHAHAHA!!!! ->:D

Pretty good. Playing lots of yuri visual novels.

Tell me about it -_- It was so predictable and boring. Most of it empty as hell. There was no chemistry. Ichigo and Rukia would have made more sense.

You read fanfic of them i guess r8?

Nope, in France we have holidays at this stage of the year :P
Hm, never been a huge fan of VN, the last I played was Euphoria, and I wouldn't recommend it.

And I don't read fanfic either, I've always hated fanfic. I somehow can't accept something if it's not canon, so I'd rather not harm myself with that. I also thought Ichi x Rukia would have made more sense, but the only romance worthy to be called romance in Bleach is Rangiku x Gin (the latter being my favorite bleach character, and one of my all-time favorite in terms of manga/anime).

last edited at Feb 15, 2017 1:47PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Nope, in France we have holidays at this stage of the year :P
Hm, never been a huge fan of VN, the last I played was Euphoria, and I wouldn't recommend it.

And I don't read fanfic either, I've always hated fanfic. I somehow can't accept something if it's not canon, so I'd rather not harm myself with that. I also thought Ichi x Rukia would have made more sense, but the only romance worthy to be called romance in Bleach is Rangiku x Gin (the latter being my favorite bleach character, and one of my all-time favorite in terms of manga/anime).

You live in France? Cool. Beautiful place. Quite famous for its.....er......openness.

May you haven't played the good one. Try Kindered Spirits on Rooftop

Oh. Then you don't like Ulquiorra and Orhime? D:

I never liked Gin as character. Too bland and obvious. So i guess that's why i never liked the pairing.

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

You live in France? Cool. Beautiful place. Quite famous for its.....er......openness.

May you haven't played the good one. Try Kindered Spirits on Rooftop

Oh. Then you don't like Ulquiorra and Orhime? D:

I never liked Gin as character. Too bland and obvious. So i guess that's why i never liked the pairing.

Openness ? What do you mean by that ?

Visual novel aren't just entertaining for me, I don't like the concept, as good as the VN is. I'd rather have it turned into an anime, like the more than wondersome Steing:Gate for example.

Ugh, Gin is the most charismatic and sneaky character thoughout the entire serie.
As for Ulquiorra x Hime, the thing is that Ulquiorra is emotionless, it's the very incarnation of the hollow in the sense that sentiments are something he doesn't get. I remember a panel where each espada is said to correspond to a side of death, and Ulquiorra's is nothingness. The fact that he finally gets to understand thanks to Orihime what emotions, and "heart" are when he's on the verge of death doesn't mean he fell for the latter at any moment. I'd rather see a platonic relationship between the two to be honest.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

Ugh, Gin is the most charismatic and sneaky character thoughout the entire serie.

I feel like I'm the only Bleach fan who doesn't like Gin. I mean, most other popular characters I like, but not him :/

Actually that was a bit of a lie, Zaraki, Urahara, Ulquiorra and Grimmjow are all relatively popular characters I range from disliking to not caring for at all >_>

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Openness ? What do you mean by that ?

Visual novel aren't just entertaining for me, I don't like the concept, as good as the VN is. I'd rather have it turned into an anime, like the more than wondersome Steing:Gate for example.

As for Ulquiorra x Hime, the thing is that Ulquiorra is emotionless, it's the very incarnation of the hollow in the sense that sentiments are something he doesn't get. I remember a panel where each espada is said to correspond to a side of death, and Ulquiorra's is nothingness. The fact that he finally gets to understand thanks to Orihime what emotions, and "heart" are when he's on the verge of death doesn't mean he fell for the latter at any moment. I'd rather see a platonic relationship between the two to be honest.

About those things.

I guess everyone to their tastes.

Sneaky? Maybe. Charismatic? Nope. I think Aizen is more sneaky nope he is a troll.

I liked them together for same reason for the most part. But a part of me wanted him to return as my fav. character which alas never happened. After his defeat and revelation of heart, he had so much potential (all wasted now T-T). The only reason I even read Bleach after his death was Aizen. But after that troll ending, I doubt i will ever read anything related to Bleack ever again.

Do u read Toriko?

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

About those things.

I guess everyone to their tastes.

Sneaky? Maybe. Charismatic? Nope. I think Aizen is more sneaky nope he is a troll.

I liked them together for same reason for the most part. But a part of me wanted him to return as my fav. character which alas never happened. After his defeat and revelation of heart, he had so much potential (all wasted now T-T). The only reason I even read Bleach after his death was Aizen. But after that troll ending, I doubt i will ever read anything related to Bleack ever again.

Do u read Toriko?

Those things, uh ? You're probably refering to the terrorist attacks.

Guess it's a matter of tastes here, to me there is no character more charismatic than Gin, despite how much I love Aizen too. But the ending when he finally gets to appear and in the end he just goes back to prison on chair-sama .. that's trolling indeed.

Yep, I would have liked to see Ulquiorra come back too, but it didn't happen :/

And nope, I don't read Toriko. It's on my to-read list though, like countless other mangas..

last edited at Feb 16, 2017 7:50AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Those things, uh ? You're probably refering to the terrorist attacks.

Guess it's a matter of tastes here, to me there is no character more charismatic than Gin, despite how much I love Aizen too. But the ending when he finally gets to appear and in the end he just goes back to prison on chair-sama .. that's trolling indeed.

Yep, I would have liked to see Ulquiorra come back too, but it didn't happen :/

And nope, I don't read Toriko. It's on my to-read list though, like countless other mangas..

Sex.

Don't underestimate chair sama!!!! It is most powerful character in Bleach immune to asspulls and trolling.

You should read it. It's far better than Bleach and Naruto.

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Just gonna recommend a song real quick

last edited at Feb 16, 2017 6:09PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

^

I wish I could bring myself to like this type of music, peaceful, guitar and smooth. Even more whe the song is objectively good. :(

Guess I'll drop a song I really enjoy too

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

So I have a question for everybody whose a Star Trek fan which do you prefer Original series or Next Generation

last edited at Feb 16, 2017 11:49PM

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

yukito, original! while TNG has its charm and a more realistic feel to it, it was the original series that gave many a fan and scientist license to dream. for example, more than a dozen ideas/items used in the original series exist today. for me, the number one item that comes to mind are communicators or as we know them, cell phones.

plus, considering when the show aired, the FX were pretty good. nothing like today but good at the time. also the stories for the first couple of seasons were really good mindless escapism. in fact, the stupidest episode that comes to mind is 'the trouble with tribble'(i think that's the title). it made no sense and yet it was funny. also, i remember trying to figure out what a tribble really was and if it was kin to a furby.

last edited at Feb 17, 2017 12:04AM

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

TNG due in no small part to Picard being the far superior captain >_>

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Picard is superior but I hate Q so much. I do not think I like any episode with Q.

The TNG movies ruin Picard, though.

ChocolateCakeLover
Gigi7
joined Feb 4, 2015

TNG movies were horrible xD

WE MUST DRAW THE LINE HERE! NO FARTHAA!

(plus yugioh is ded)

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

ChocolateCakeLover posted:

TNG due in no small part to Picard being the far superior captain >_>

TNG had a better cast in general in my opinion. Though Picard was definitely the best by far. Also agreed on the movies sucking. In my opinion the movies (with maybe the exception of First Contact in, some bits in Nemesis which were alright such as Data's sacrifice, and the part in Generations where the Enterprise crash lands) tended towards exactly the crap that makes me dislike the original series.

TOS was like a mix of a space western and sci-fantasy (there's a difference between having to create fictional tech and flat out disregarding logic and realism and just going with high-tech themed fantasy with little to no regard for the logistics) which are both genres I strongly dislike.

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Anyone played new mobile yu-gi-oh game ? It is terrible.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

TNG movies were action movies and Picard was OOC in like all of them.

Toffee%20copy%202
joined Jan 2, 2014

You see I'm more of The original series guy but my dad and friend says TNG will be better so I'm trying to gauge some peoples reaction cool to see everyone's opinions

last edited at Feb 17, 2017 5:59PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

You see I'm more of The original series guy but my dad and friend says TNG will be better so I'm trying to gauge some peoples reaction cool to see everyone's opinions

The first two or three seasons of TNG were crap, at least in part because they decided not to hire any writers who were experienced with science fiction. It was in the original bible for the show, in fact. The later episodes were much better, and some were outright brilliant. Especially when Jonathan Frakes turned his hand to directing and turned out to be great at it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.