Forum › Anime season

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

Youjo Senki has a mini-anime called Youjo Shenki...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvGP4TIkJHBSBMvdapZKZQQ57ks05hoc3

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Gabriel dropout is always so fun. <3

joined Feb 15, 2013

Youjo Senki has a mini-anime called Youjo Shenki...

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLvGP4TIkJHBSBMvdapZKZQQ57ks05hoc3

Also know as 'Saga of Viktoriya's fangirling''....

...just as the name suggest, it's about our adjutant Viktoriya and how every episode, she goes all fangirling over our evil loli Tanya :D

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 8:31PM

E45afc863d55cd80c9ab7f52ecfd8c84
joined Jul 19, 2016

https://youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w

AHHH HELL YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Samurai Jack is back!!! My childhood is back!!!

I watched the trailer so many times. Judging from the YouTube comments, the music in the trailer is from Carpenter Brut. I think his music really fits the tone of this final limited series. Though it could be that his music will only be in the trailer and not in the actual series. That makes me wonder if James L. Venable will be back as the composer. Either way my expectations are high.

Lol i rewatched that trailer more than any movie trailer. The music and childhood memories made me so hyped and emotional. I just hope they will make at least 2 seasons of it.

It's a limited series. I think it's going to be 10 episodes that finally finish the story. And I'd rather it finally finish off right. I do wish it got more episodes though but alas, what can be done?

joined Jul 19, 2016

Yuri in little witch just die...RIP.
Akko is Het!!
IT'S DEAD!!!

Was it ever alive, though? None of the characters have any chemistry with each other (though, this includes the guys that just showed up...)

I agree. I never really saw it as a romance.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

The yuri in LWA exists in the goggles turning up to maximum power. This also comes with het filter for an extra $100. Apparently, some yuri fans went cheap & didn't buy the filter, thinking that Y chromosomes don't exist in this series, so their goggles cracked at the sight of the latest ep.

joined Jul 19, 2016

The yuri in LWA exists in the goggles turning up to maximum power. This also comes with het filter for an extra $100. Apparently, some yuri fans went cheap & didn't buy the filter, thinking that Y chromosomes don't exist in this series, so their goggles cracked at the sight of the latest ep.

We saw what's his face in the opening though.

joined Jul 19, 2016

Gabriel dropout is always so fun. <3

"Trick or dog!"

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^^ You caught me, I don't watch openings lol

I tend to just skip ops if the songs/visuals don't catch my attention early on. The only op I have watched in its entirety & don't skip every ep this season is Onihei's. Basically Bebop-level OP. Acca's one is pretty nice, too, but the typography is not as well-integrated & intriguing.

last edited at Feb 14, 2017 4:53AM

joined Oct 4, 2015

What turned me off about the latest LWA is how many people suddenly starting shipping the opposite chromosome characters when Akko forgets all about any attraction in a flash to friendzone the dude and Diana probably wouldn't care if either of the two dudes died in a car crash.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

It's a limited series. I think it's going to be 10 episodes that finally finish the story. And I'd rather it finally finish off right. I do wish it got more episodes though but alas, what can be done?

Just 10 episodes ?!

No way D: damn it.

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

What turned me off about the latest LWA is how many people suddenly starting shipping the opposite chromosome characters when Akko forgets all about any attraction in a flash to friendzone the dude and Diana probably wouldn't care if either of the two dudes died in a car crash.

It did kinda feel like they were trying to set up a romance there, though. I mean, it was a terrible attempt at it, but the show is awful at character interactions in general

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

Youjo Senki is great, like REALLY great, I need to read the LN

joined Jul 19, 2016

^^ You caught me, I don't watch openings lol

I tend to just skip ops if the songs/visuals don't catch my attention early on. The only op I have watched in its entirety & don't skip every ep this season is Onihei's. Basically Bebop-level OP. Acca's one is pretty nice, too, but the typography is not as well-integrated & intriguing.

I mainly watch the opening for each episode when I am watching an anime in the season in which it is currently airing.

If it's something I'm catching up with from a previous season and I have time to watch multiple episodes of the same series in a single sitting, I still have the opening fresh in my mind from the previous episode(s) so I will most likely skip it.

I used to skip them almost altogether until I watched various "What's in an OP?" videos by the YouTuber Mother's Basement. This made me want to pay more attention to openings in general. And I have found that by watching the opening of a particular series multiple times throughout its run, I am able to better understand the show and enjoy it.

That's just me though and I'm sure there are a lot of people that will skip them to save on time or because they want to hurry and watch the episode.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

renetero posted:

And I have found that by watching the opening of a particular series multiple times throughout its run, I am able to better understand the show and enjoy it.

Also it is rare (more common with endings i guess) but sometimes the opening will be slightly edited or changed to match the progression of the plot. But yea, usually you can safely skip it after watching it once.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I used to skip them almost altogether until I watched various "What's in an OP?" videos by the YouTuber Mother's Basement. This made me want to pay more attention to openings in general. And I have found that by watching the opening of a particular series multiple times throughout its run, I am able to better understand the show and enjoy it.

Good openings can do great things, such as conveying the tone of the series & hinting/foreshadowing the directions/themes of the story. Sometimes it's cool to be able to go back and see the little details that went into them, so I get where you're coming from. For me, I just evaluate the show on its own and see clever ops and eds as the nice icing on top of a cake.

Talking about clever ed (there tends to be less of those than ops, I find), I just want to shamelessly plug this here. Probably my fav anime ed (in terms of visuals & how well it reflects the general themes of the show) that I've seen from one of my all-time fav anime. Everyone, please go watch Tatami Galaxy.

joined Feb 15, 2013

*Watching Maid Dragon ep 6 *

"What the heck, this is yuri..."

*Look at the name of the animation studio *

"What the heck, it's KyoAni, but this is yuri....!!"

last edited at Feb 16, 2017 8:00AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

Well they animated that scene so it's all good now. Understandably censored what Kanna said, since they censored how Kobayashi imagined they licked each other, which makes me wonder if in the BDs they'll be uncensored. Also I'm guessing they're leaving Tooru's father visit for the end.

(And no I'm not watching previews of the next episode so if he's gonna show up next week then my guess is moot)

Edit: Though now that I re-read the chapter with Kanna and Saikawa I see it was censored there as well.

last edited at Feb 16, 2017 11:56AM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

yeah, if anything, they actually fleshed out that scene more, giving more time and body contact between Kanna and Saikawa during the twister game.

joined Mar 25, 2013

yeah, if anything, they actually fleshed out that scene more, giving more time and body contact between Kanna and Saikawa during the twister game.

They've given a lot of additional scenes so far and they've all been good and added a little more to the relationship between the characters which I find good. Guess when the chapters are so short and it's not that far in general it's best to stretch out particular scenes and add others. In this case, they feel like they belong.

I wonder if they're gonna add the school visit chapter.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

That's possible, they definitively don't follow the chapters order too closely. Kanna's visit to Saikawa normally happens much later and they also bumped the dodgeball chapter in the same episode as Kanna's first day at school, so they might bump this one as well to give kanna's school life more screen time.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wonder what Kana wanted to do to Saikawa - is it possible to lip read her? I guess kiss?

And I loved that Saikawa said she wanted to marry Kana :)

p.s Kana's 'ame ame ame' rain dance near the end was one of the the cutest things I've ever seen :)

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

elevown posted:

I wonder what Kana wanted to do to Saikawa - is it possible to lip read her? I guess kiss?

Nah, she just wanted to do her.

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

elevown posted:

Nah, she just wanted to do her.

I was party basing my guess off the manga - 'Kiss' can fit as easily as 'do' under the scribbled out bit. Either is as likely - except don't you think Kana seems to be making kind of a 'kissy face' there in the manga?

To reply you must either login or sign up.