Forum › Dynasty Cafe: A Home for Off-Topic Discussion where everyone's welcome! (ღˇ◡ˇ)~♥

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Damn i'm so drunk right now

Really? I don't believe it.

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Sakura x Syaoran (both in Cardcaptor and Tsubasa Chronicles), Kenshin x Kaoru (Rurouni Kenshin), Tamahome x Miaka (Fushigi Yuugi), Inuyasha x Kagome (Inuyasha), Ryuuji x Taiga (Toradora. Actually, I still love these two out of nostalgia), etc. would've been on my favorite list if I had not gone so deep into the yuri hell that I don't feel as strongly for my old het ships as I used to.

That reminds me. Have you guys ever come to love a once fav het series of yours less because you wished for yuri to happen instead? Shinshi Doumei Cross (same author as Kamikaze Kaitou Jeane & Full Moon wo Sagashite) is that one particular series for me. I read it back in middle school before I got into yuri & rlly liked it then. The female protag's BFF is in love with her, but since It's a het series, the yuri, ofc, never becomes the endgame (what's sad is that the yaoi subplot happens while the yuri girl chooses het end instead ; _ ;). It didn't bother me the first time I read it, but I re-read it after I got into yuri & got quite disappointed lol

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

That reminds me. Have you guys ever come to love a once fav het series of yours less because you wished for yuri to happen instead?

I usually do a pretty good job at supressing my yuri expectations
If it's a non romance series like Kaleido Stars i may end up shipping a little bit but i'm not bothered that they don't end up together (Not much of a shipper to begin with)

Get some sleep before you type something stupid :P.

I'm into lesbian molesters JAVs!

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

That reminds me. Have you guys ever come to love a once fav het series of yours less because you wished for yuri to happen instead?

Well, not really an answer to your question (as I can't think of any, lol), but I used to ship Locke x Celes in Final Fantasy 6, before I knew that people could be gay. Now I've full on switched to Terra x Celes.

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Nice, that new Ghost in the Shell movie trailer is further solidifying the fact that they fully plan to butcher whatever theme/tone the source material had.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

It's Valentines day tomorrow..... And I've been practicing some Harana songs on my guitar (Because why not, right?) I wonder if I should try writing letters and stuff. Tomorrow's a day wherein our column gets to clean, so maybe I can slip some letters in that special someone's chair ;^). But I was absent today because I was sick, and singing really didn't help with my throat, so maybe I'll sing another time...

But in any case, that stuff makes me very embarrassed now that I think about it and there's a big chance I will screw everything up. I've had thoughts about that and I told my anime-loving friend about it and she said she was disappointed in me, making me even more unsure of my choices. She was disappointed because I started liking someone from the real world (We met because of TWGOK, so you know how that turned out)

Agh... The more I live, the more I am unsure of my next choices. There are so many roads to choose from but there's only one path that is right, and it feels like I've strayed far from it...

Nevertheless, I don't plan on giving up just yet.

Nya
joined Nov 16, 2015

I wonder if anyone finds it weird that I am talking about life while everyone else is talking about anime and stuff. O__O

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Not much counts as weird in an off-topic discussion forum, so no problem there.

She was disappointed because I started liking someone from the real world (We met because of TWGOK, so you know how that turned out)

Er, she has to be kidding though, right? I don't know why this needs to be said, but I feel like the usual thing to be disappointed at is the opposite actually. Isn't developing genuine feelings for a fictional character something most people would find disappointing instead of the other way around? But hey, whatever floats people's boats. Nothing immediately harmful or wrong with developing feelings for a body pillow or an op-π mouse pad.

Tumblr_lolhmrwbnl1qiyxpbo4_250
joined Jun 22, 2016

@ EkichoSHIFT

It's not weird, don't worry. Most of us talked about life on here before.

However, I don't think that there's only one right path to take... You're right, there are many options in life but, I believe, there are lots of roads that lead in a good direction with a potential to make you happy. And if you believe in fate then maybe all of those would take you to the same destination ^^
And if you don't believe in fate, then there are still various different ways to live a fulfilled life.
But I know what it feels like to be overwhelmed with choices...
I hope you'll find the right path for yourself and also good luck with delivering that letter ;)

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Anon has spoken. Therefore, the truth has been spoken. All Hail Anon !

wonder if anyone finds it weird that I am talking about life while everyone else is talking about anime and stuff. O__O

No, it's the place for it. And it's IMHO more interesting than anime and stuff ;)

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

Everyone who used Netflix go watch the OA NOW.

joined Jun 22, 2016

^ No! Not "now"!!! (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)
I'm still in the middle of binge watching Orphan Black... (and catching up with How to get away with Murder, The 100 and The Walking Dead every week...)
But after
(◦’ںˉ◦)

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Sup, Utoptia?

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 3:05PM

9bdd23b1-1e6c-4540-bdac-7a7a8d9c3658
joined Jan 19, 2014

^ No! Not "now"!!! (๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)
I'm still in the middle of binge watching Orphan Black... (and catching up with How to get away with Murder, The 100 and The Walking Dead every week...)
But after
(◦’ںˉ◦)

Oohhh I need to start watching orphan black =~= is it good so far? ;3 also defiantly try OA after it's really good so far, and there is only one season thank god xD cuz I take ages to catch up ahah

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

Sup, Utoptia?

Yo bro', how're you doin ?
I'm stomping on LoL actually :P Hence my current avi !

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

I knew Your avi was from some sort of mmo!
I'm considering getting LoL myself, It looks like tons of fun. But I hear LoL has the worst fanbase in gaming history :/.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 6:21PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

I knew Your avi was from some sort of mmo!
I'm considering getting LoL myself, It looks like tons of fun. But I hear LoL has the worst fanbase in gaming history :/.

The community is basically full of brainless, mentally retarded/ill, toxic, troll and unskilled players. Which means if you play solo, you very often- if not always, have to /mute all at the beginning.

That said, the same game with your friends is hella fun ! If you download it, go on the EUW Server.

E45afc863d55cd80c9ab7f52ecfd8c84
joined Jul 19, 2016

Where are manga and anime most popular outside of Japan? I tried searching on Google and it seems like they are popular in France.

I'm researching anyway to see if I can find more information (especially more recent as the main article I have found so far is from 2001), but it's a little limiting when there are articles or other relevant sources online that probably exist but aren't in English.

(I'm really just curious.)

Note: I only say "a little limiting" because I haven't read everything I can on the subject yet that is in English.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 7:31PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

As a french, who loves and read manga on top of that, I can tell that mangas are fairly popular here, especially among the "young" ones (let's say those under 40 years). That goes for the most popular mangas though, those who really are fond of manga and japanese culture, the "otaku" [you'd call them weebs] are kind of despised and ostracised from the rest of the community. I'm exaggerating and generalizing, but I myself witnessed that several times.

On a more amusing note, there's also a small amount of french manga; and I'm gonna promote my all time favorite, but I'm particularily proud that we have Dreamland ! And I'm actually surprised that there are some chapters translated and hosted on mangafox.

last edited at Feb 13, 2017 8:04PM

joined Jul 19, 2016

As a french, who loves and read manga on top of that, I can tell that mangas are fairly popular here, especially among the "young" ones (let's say those under 40 years). That goes for the most popular mangas though, those who really are fond of manga and japanese culture, the "otaku" [you'd call them weebs] are kind of despised and ostracised from the rest of the community. I'm exaggerating and generalizing, but I myself witnessed that several times.

On a more amusing note, there's also a small amount of french manga; and I'm gonna promote my all time favorite, but I'm particularily proud that we have Dreamland ! And I'm actually surprised that there are some chapters translated and hosted on mangafox.

It looks interesting. I'll probably check it out.

Thank you for your answer. That's exactly what I was looking for in regards to current popularity.

As far as ostracizing goes, I'm pretty sure that's something that happens in practically every culture. I think the main reason is that if someone can't relate to something you enjoy, then there is nothing to talk about. I also think there are a lot of misconceptions around manga and anime in general.

joined Jun 22, 2016

@ Neko chan

Oohhh I need to start watching orphan black =~= is it good so far? ;3 also defiantly try OA after it's really good so far, and there is only one season thank god xD cuz I take ages to catch up ahah

It's not bad. The show has some cool characters ^^ And the whole clone story is quite fun. But it's not as cool as Stranger Things ;)
Will do! OA is next on my list now (^_-)b
Orphan Black has 40 episodes so far... that would keep you busy for a while... ^^

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

Happy Valentine's Day fellas, May the Yuri goddesses be with you~

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

I'm never making a speed drawing again... Watching the footage gave me instant headache

And happy valentine too
'Cause i'm evil like that
Hhhhhheeeehheheh

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Nez, what's the best way to PM you. I don't want to crap up any of the threads on this forum, but there is something I'd like to discuss with you. It is shipping wars related that has been bothering me. It's stupid but I'd like to get it off my chest.

joined Jul 19, 2016

My mom gave me chocolate on Valentine's so I feel loved.

To reply you must either login or sign up.