Forum › Anime season

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Yeah, and I'm still salty af about Gay Figure Skater Anime taking the word "yuri" and associating it with boys in people's minds. That's our word! We need it!

Djltnk3ucaamfms
joined Apr 12, 2016

Yeah, and I'm still salty af about Gay Figure Skater Anime taking the word "yuri" and associating it with boys in people's minds. That's our word! We need it!

Ain't it great when you try to use the word "yuri" to search for such content in tumblr only to get more yuri on ice than actual yuri? It's pretty amusing.

For yuri anime movies, there's Harmony by Project Itoh. It's sci-fi, and an enjoyable enough work to watch, but it's one of those things that's much better to think about rather than actually watch because of the ideas that it presents. And it does have a confession in there...except the scene itself where it takes place is not exactly the typical scenario for a confession to take place.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Ain't it great when you try to use the word "yuri" to search for such content in tumblr only to get more yuri on ice than actual yuri? It's pretty amusing.

It is a refreshing change from getting dozens of pics of Kwon Yuri, I guess.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

I wonder if they'll include the scene where Kanna pushes Saikawa down on the bed and almost has her way and says what she says in the manga. This last episode's little scenes of them have me hopeful.

It's nice they had a bit more of Saikawa, but as funny as it was, it felt like it was just reusing the same gag over and over again, wish they gave it a bit more thoughts. :/

joined Mar 25, 2013

I wonder if they'll include the scene where Kanna pushes Saikawa down on the bed and almost has her way and says what she says in the manga. This last episode's little scenes of them have me hopeful.

It's nice they had a bit more of Saikawa, but as funny as it was, it felt like it was just reusing the same gag over and over again, wish they gave it a bit more thoughts. :/

As far as I recall, it was the same in the manga as well wasn't it? They were just spaced out a bit more. And then there was Kanna's part where she was more or less 'chasing' after Saikawa (in regards to the pushing down on the bed and the comment after that). Maybe they're building on more of that in the anime? Then again, that's most likely wishful thinking.

last edited at Feb 10, 2017 11:10AM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Already watched it. 'Twas.....okay.

Which means you're pretty much out of yuri animes now, so give that Planetes a tought

No. I meant Kanazuki.

Never watch Planetes though.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

No. I meant Kanazuki.

Never watch Planetes though.

Yeah i know, i meant since you've watched Kannazuki then as far as i'm aware there's no more yuris for you to fish that isn't subtext or implied, Planetes ain't no yuri though kinda related to a Yuri hhhhhhhhhhheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhhhhhehheheheh

%d0%91%d0%b5%d0%b7-%d0%b8%d0%bc%d0%b5%d0%bd%d0%b8-1
joined Jan 4, 2017

Shortly about Urara ep 6 - Nina x Saku, Kon x Chiya

Rsz_eiji_3_-_kopie
joined Feb 16, 2015

as far as i'm aware there's no more yuris for you to fish that isn't subtext or implied

Onii-sama e... is the greatest yuri anime out there and I believe a lot of people missed out on it. 100% yuri and! good.

last edited at Feb 10, 2017 3:55PM

Johanliebert
joined Dec 15, 2015

as far as i'm aware there's no more yuris for you to fish that isn't subtext or implied

Onii-sama e... is the greatest yuri anime out there and I believe a lot of people missed out on it. 100% yuri and! good.

lol

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

yay more het in urara.....

joined Feb 8, 2017

lol

I watched it but honestly I didn't like it...

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Sorta? I mean, interest in boys kind of kicked off the first half, but that ended with Saku literally turning out to be Nina's soulmate with a pause to note that there's some going on between Chiya and Kon (and then the back half was all about Chiya x Kon). There wasn't any progress on a het end unless you count providing evidence that Koume is probably bi

last edited at Feb 10, 2017 9:06PM

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Are people going to cry for het every single episode of urara ? As last time, that wasn't exactly het... I mean it litterally went "let's fin Nina-sensei a soulmate" "ok, we need to divine some guy" "oh, hey, look, it turns out her soulmate is actually a girl!" "we're totally cool with it !" they weren't even surprised at the result and not even Koume argued that "they're both girls !", which could have been squeezed in if they really wanted to play it het

Or what, are you actually hoping for it to turn het, considering how quick you are to label it het ? :p

joined Jan 21, 2015

As was said above, Urara Meirochou ep 6 was remarkably gay for an episode that started out with boy talk. The narrative kind of pulls in two opposite directions here--potential partners are assumed to be male, but that's contradicted by how everyone is completely unfazed by the possibility of same-sex relationships. The first half felt like it should have ended with a punchline or handwave that restored the status quo, as usually happens in these shows when the balance comes too close to being disturbed. Instead, it matter-of-factly stated that Nina and Saku belong together and everyone went with it.
Some slightly spoilery reassurances for those who might need them: I think that was the last of the blatant heteronormativity and I'm pretty sure same-sex marriage exists in this universe. As for Koume, you can headcanon her as either bi or gay and in denial, but she's very much into the ladies.

I'm trying to watch BanG Dream but the first few episodes have been a bit rough. Kasumi is an extreme case of the genki main character who drags people into adventures against their will, but I think the show will be more enjoyable once she gets brought back down to Earth (possibly next week?) so I'm holding on for now.

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

The legit moment I saw this post, I thought "oh, sounds like Urara's gonna be solid this week", and it really was as gay as I'd hoped <3

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Mid season top 3 update: Sangatsu, Rakugo, & Maid Dragon.

LWA needs to start having an actual plot or become as crazily fun as Luluco if it wants to get back into top 3. Also picked up Onihei again. Still not in love with it, but the visuals are not as repulsive as the earlier eps.

Anyone else hyped for upcoming Yuasa's movies? One of them looks a lot like Tatami Galaxy <3

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

https://youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w

AHHH HELL YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Samurai Jack is back!!! My childhood is back!!!

joined Jun 12, 2015

The legit moment I saw this post, I thought "oh, sounds like Urara's gonna be solid this week", and it really was as gay as I'd hoped <3

I thought the same thing and I wasn't disappointed lol

Bondage%20fairies%20collection%20%20%20%232%20-%20page%204
joined Dec 16, 2013

Are people going to cry for het every single episode of urara ? As last time, that wasn't exactly het... I mean it litterally went "let's fin Nina-sensei a soulmate" "ok, we need to divine some guy" "oh, hey, look, it turns out her soulmate is actually a girl!" "we're totally cool with it !" they weren't even surprised at the result and not even Koume argued that "they're both girls !", which could have been squeezed in if they really wanted to play it het

Or what, are you actually hoping for it to turn het, considering how quick you are to label it het ? :p

nina is het that's the only reason why she not gunning for saku yet,
and keep doing love divination for herself to find soulmate every damn day!
saku has better chance forming harems with her subordinate than get together with nina.

at least chiya x kon going to be canon.
other girls are het though..

last edited at Feb 11, 2017 5:19PM

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

There is so much Dragon Maid fantart... jeez.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Yo
Gohan
Those glasses doesn't fit with that outfit!

E45afc863d55cd80c9ab7f52ecfd8c84
joined Jul 19, 2016

https://youtu.be/VSrv_n4tw7w

AHHH HELL YEAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Samurai Jack is back!!! My childhood is back!!!

I watched the trailer so many times. Judging from the YouTube comments, the music in the trailer is from Carpenter Brut. I think his music really fits the tone of this final limited series. Though it could be that his music will only be in the trailer and not in the actual series. That makes me wonder if James L. Venable will be back as the composer. Either way my expectations are high.

E45afc863d55cd80c9ab7f52ecfd8c84
joined Jul 19, 2016

The main shows I've been watching this season are Kobayashi-san, Little Witch Academia (TV), Gabriel DropOut, Demi-chan, and Blue Exorcist (Kyoto Saga). By "main shows" I mean the ones that I watch as soon as I can. Kobayashi-san and Little Witch Academia (TV) are definitely my favorites.

joined Feb 15, 2013

Youjo Senki ep 6, Tanya is just so fucking badass. Wicked and evil as heck, but you can't stop rooting for her. In fact the only bad thing about this show is: each episode is not long enough. Bloody good anime

Schoolgirl Striker ep 6 meanwhile is goofy as heck. Non-steam bath screen, swimwear and fishing with curry bread. What's the heck. At least the after credit foreshadow some actual plot.

Io meanwhile is a girl magnet if you could find one. So far, that is her main trait if you think about it. In fact everything you need to know about her can be summed up here (scroll down):
http://imgur.com/a/Z52M5

last edited at Feb 12, 2017 5:51AM

To reply you must either login or sign up.