Forum › Anime season

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

nyanko is a very dark show....

Yup, basically Berserk but with cat girls

Heavy%20cruiser%20160
joined Apr 27, 2013

Not really digging the new Tokyo Me- er, Precure. The sweets theme is laid on way too thick, and there's not much else of interest. On the plus side, red and purple will probably be shippable with how much the OP pairs them up

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Gabriel Dropout was pretty gay this week. Not that I'm complaining. xD

Edit: The same could be said about the last two episodes of Long Riders!

last edited at Feb 6, 2017 5:41PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Juat completed watching Flip Flappers.

One of the most yurish anime ever! Loved every episode of it!!!

And the ending!!!! Win! Win! Why didn't they freaking kiss?!!!!

I'm going to watch Koukaku no Pandora, is it yuri?

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

^ Koukaku is quite yuri just don't expect romance development or a kiss

last edited at Feb 8, 2017 11:24PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

No fair!!!! Why the teasing?!

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

Cuz anime industry. Teasing has more chance of making money than real yuri.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

Miss Kobayashi was very good again. Next episode should be interesting. Hint: House visit time!

Too bad I'll be in Japan and can't see it until after many weeks have passed! Nooooo!!

last edited at Feb 9, 2017 1:51AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Too bad I'll be in Japan and can't see it until after many weeks have passed! Nooooo!!

¿wot?

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

¿wot?

Crunchyroll doesn't work in Japan. And even if it did, I wouldn't have time to watch it. T_T

Img_20220214_023902-min
joined May 10, 2014

Well...looks like we won't see Serena ever again...dang it. RIP. You were the best YGO female we got so far...tied with S2 Aki and maybe Rio. Even if it was just for 20+ eps.

Not really digging the new Tokyo Me- er, Precure. The sweets theme is laid on way too thick, and there's not much else of interest. On the plus side, red and purple will probably be shippable with how much the OP pairs them up

Same....I'll watch it anyway, since watch every precure season is on my to do list now.
The lack of melee combat was kinda odd as well.

Yay for the new ship!

Edit: oh yeah I should watch long riders! Finally!

last edited at Feb 9, 2017 4:22AM

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Kayo-chin posted:

¿wot?

Crunchyroll doesn't work in Japan. And even if it did, I wouldn't have time to watch it. T_T

Watch it in actual TV 8D

Gudetamago posted:

I know nobody will take this seriously, but guy has some good points, especially about KyoAni.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Well...looks like we won't see Serena ever again...dang it. RIP. You were the best YGO female we got so far...tied with S2 Aki and maybe Rio. Even if it was just for 20+ eps.

From the preview last week i was pretty sure that the baby was supposed to be Yuzuuuuu, but since it just turned out to be the reverse trap i have hopes that she'll return in some fashion

Hanging%20chito%20ava
joined Dec 18, 2016

I know nobody will take this seriously, but guy has some good points, especially about KyoAni.

I thought you'd have linked his other video on Hibike's "misleading" yuri tease, instead lol

I don't agree with overanimation as the problem Hibike has with the "misleadingness" of KumiRei tho. You can have beautifully animated emotional scene between friends, too, if that's the focus of the story. The directing is more at fault, production-wise (which is the point he kinda brought up in the other vid). Emphases placed on things like the nose sliding and lewd handholding is way more suggestive than just beautiful-looking city lights and fireworks.

But, more than anything, KyoAni was not unintentional about the yuribait. Japan knows what the hell the red string of fate means. For them to put that on Kumiko's & Reina's pinkies & then turn around to tell the audience "LOL adolescence" is not unintentional yuribait. Not to mention all the tease from the official promotional arts, drama CD, & radio talks. They definitely succeed in depicting Japanese adolescence tho, since adolescence in Japanese standard also includes the yuri phase.

Rosmontis
Nevrilicious Scans
joined Jun 5, 2015

Gudetamago posted:

I thought you'd have linked his other video on Hibike's "misleading" yuri tease, instead lol

I was going to, but he made this video in which he was addressing queerbaiting so I consider it more relevant and he does mention his previous video in it, so I concluded people interested would check it as well.

I guess you still need to take into account cultural difference, but at least it is nice that all of western audience agree it didn't look like just friendship.

last edited at Feb 9, 2017 7:59PM

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Okay but seriously guys, can you guys plz tell me the good anime i can watch.

Here are the ones i watch:

Flip Flappers
YuriKuma Arashi
Candy Boy (ugh)
Aoi Hana
Devilman Lady
Sakura Trick
Yuru Yuri
Maria Sama
Strawberry Panic
Onee Sama.....something
Revolutionary Girls....something (ugh)
Sasameki Koto

Any recommendations is welcomed.

Asukaoriii
joined Jul 24, 2015

Re-Kan!
There's a ultimate yuri anime list thread.

last edited at Feb 9, 2017 10:55PM

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Flip Flappers
YuriKuma Arashi
Candy Boy (ugh)
Aoi Hana
Devilman Lady
Sakura Trick
Yuru Yuri
Maria Sama
Strawberry Panic
Onee Sama.....something
Sasameki Koto

Planetes!
...Though i guess you mean yuri animes?
Well then... Kannazuki no Miko i guess?

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Re-Kan!
There's a ultimate yuri anime list thread.

Thank you, milday

Best Mangaka Rohan
joined Dec 13, 2016

Flip Flappers
YuriKuma Arashi
Candy Boy (ugh)
Aoi Hana
Devilman Lady
Sakura Trick
Yuru Yuri
Maria Sama
Strawberry Panic
Onee Sama.....something
Sasameki Koto

Planetes!
...Though i guess you mean yuri animes?
Well then... Kannazuki no Miko i guess?

Already watched it. 'Twas.....okay.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Already watched it. 'Twas.....okay.

Which means you're pretty much out of yuri animes now, so give that Planetes a tought

joined Feb 15, 2013

cough*KillLaKillcough*

J/k aside. Yeah there are always plenty of subtext, but not enough actual Yuri.

Izetta for example was screaming gay literally from the mountain top. Still no confirmation and no onscreen kiss.

Madoka as well. Director, VA, character designer, all ship on Kyousaya. Lewd handholding. But no confirmation. No kiss

And don't let me start on Nanoha. Was both gay as heck since childhood. Slept on the same bed. Care for each other in sickness and health. Adopt a daughter who called both mama. Still no officially confirmed on relationship

last edited at Feb 10, 2017 7:38AM

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

Still no officially confirmed on relationship

Nothing on screen but at least the creator gave the confirmation on NanoFate.

Another one to add to the list is Symphogay, more commonly known as Symphogear. Three seasons of gay girls that do everything but kiss on screen, and that includes actual love confessions.

And of course there is always Valkyrie Drive where the girls literally do everything but confess.

last edited at Feb 10, 2017 8:09AM

joined Mar 25, 2013

I wonder if they'll include the scene where Kanna pushes Saikawa down on the bed and almost has her way and says what she says in the manga. This last episode's little scenes of them have me hopeful.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

cough*KillLaKillcough*

J/k aside. Yeah there are always plenty of subtext, but not enough actual Yuri.

Izetta for example was screaming gay literally from the mountain top. Still no confirmation and no onscreen kiss.

Madoka as well. Director, VA, character designer, all ship on Kyousaya. Lewd handholding. But no confirmation. No kiss

And don't let me start on Nanoha. Was both gay as heck since childhood. Slept on the same bed. Care for each other in sickness and health. Adopt a daughter who called both mama. Still no officially confirmed on relationship

I don't watch anime much these days, although more than I used to. And the two gayest things I've seen of late - Gay Magical Girl anime and Gay Figure Skater anime - both had similar disappointments. The girl one was dripping with overt gayness, even down to confessions and wedding dresses, but in the end no kiss. The boy one was rigid with subtext to the point where the lead was practically masturbating on the ice (although I guess that was Chris' role in the series), right down to an on-screen kiss and matching rings, but....no confession.

In the words of one of the great philosophers of our time....DISAPPOINTING!

To reply you must either login or sign up.