Forum › Saki discussion

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

It seems more lile Teru is embarassed about something and is afraid to face Saki because of it. It seems like maybe she thinks Saki blames her for whatever the tragedy was.

joined Aug 11, 2014

The thing that made Teru feel so guilty towards Saki that she distanced herself and made Saki think she hated her... Is it just going to be "Our family was so annoying when we played mahjong together that we made Saki dislike the game and suppress her natural talent for it"? It couldn't be that simple, could it?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

The thing that made Teru feel so guilty towards Saki that she distanced herself and made Saki think she hated her... Is it just going to be "Our family was so annoying when we played mahjong together that we made Saki dislike the game and suppress her natural talent for it"? It couldn't be that simple, could it?

The flashback spread with fire and destruction, together with the reporter finding the ruins of a house with "Miyanagi" still on the nameplate, suggests otherwise.

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Holy crap Teru is such a dork. The Miyanaga sisters are so precious.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

Is there an artistic reason for the lack of shading/inking/howeveritiscalled that randomly happens?

last edited at Feb 5, 2017 8:27PM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Is there an artistic reason for the lack of shading/inking/howeverit is called that randomly happens?

The technical term for it is "deadlines".

Fltbla001_120
joined May 21, 2015

Interesting, Teru's shoumakyo has some sort of per-person cooldown. So in the event of heavy changes to the same opponent between consecutive matches, she can't scan it(?)

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Interesting, Teru's shoumakyo has some sort of per-person cooldown. So in the event of heavy changes to the same opponent between consecutive matches, she can't scan it(?)

Presumably she's weak against an epihany during a match as well.

Screenshot_20180828-085722_1
joined Mar 21, 2016

I m starting to get a feeling that saki is actually unbelievably strong than we can imagine XD
or is it just my imagination?

Untitled
joined May 8, 2013

The sisters are so alike. They bribed Saki with books to join the club and Teru with food.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

what does rinshan kaihou mean ?
i remember someone in the manga saying "a flower blooming on he peak of the mountain", but i was re-reading the semifinal, and a girl traslates it as "a flower bloom on a ridge", and it's nice because recalls the first page of the manga.
what's the truth?

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

i remember someone in the manga saying "a flower blooming on he peak of the mountain", but i was re-reading the semifinal, and a girl traslates it as "a flower bloom on a ridge", and it's nice because recalls the first page of the manga.
what's the truth?

Are they really all that different? The idea is a flower that appears in a high, rocky place, defying the odds.

230px-ray_the_animation
joined Feb 2, 2013

what's the truth?

Are they really all that different? The idea is a flower that appears in a high, rocky place, defying the odds.

you are right, and i realized i was fantasising on a misunderstanding,
i read bridge instead of ridge (but i wrote ridge in the post, that's strange), infact i was thinking at saki reading a book on the bridge at the start of the manga

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

They can put a man on the moon, but they can't get Haramura Nodoka to deliver Miyanaga Saki's science baby in time to play in the finals. Just saying, Science. 2035 will be disappointing.

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

The flashback spread with fire and destruction, together with the reporter finding the ruins of a house with "Miyanagi" still on the nameplate, suggests otherwise.

Did we ever resolve the dead third sister mystery? or "who is the third girl in the photo" mystery, if that's better?

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013

So, it is official now that the reason Teru fought with Saki is beacuse she ate the last candy Teru was saving in the fridge?

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

I love where the focus of the story is going. I wanna know more about these sisters :D

joined Apr 28, 2016

So, it is official now that the reason Teru fought with Saki is beacuse she ate the last candy Teru was saving in the fridge?

I must learn to make pancakes so I can get a Teru, too :3

Img-thing
joined Jan 19, 2016

I must learn to make pancakes so I can get a Teru, too :3

Yeah, her face is priceless when she is baited XD

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch170#10

http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch171#5

last edited at Mar 15, 2017 8:57AM

Whale
joined Mar 1, 2013

It's been a year since I stop reading this manga and decide to binge read when the whole arc is done. So.... is the arc done? D:

Charon-sml
joined Feb 14, 2016

hehehe

full tank

hehehehe

Healing-punchiiiii
joined Jan 21, 2016

I am wondering how the girl in the wheelchair will fit in this picture...

Snowflakes%20icon
joined Jun 22, 2014

It's been a year since I stop reading this manga and decide to binge read when the whole arc is done. So.... is the arc done? D:

The 4 losers of the top8 are fighting for 5th place, the vanguard match is over, next up is the sergeant match. (It will be followed by the finals who knows when) and they just started the touch upon why Teru is shunning Saki. Chapter 154 would be a good place to stop, but since it was released Feb 7, 2016 maybe that's where you left off? XD
Not much happened since then, but still so much happened.

To actually answer your question: no, the arc isn't done.

K2
joined May 22, 2014

Teru is afraid of Saki ... I think we know who is the better of the two sister ...

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

https://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/saki_ch173#13

A player without a mini-skirt almost showing the lack of panties?

Heresy!

To reply you must either login or sign up.