Forum › New Game discussion

Vegitab%20profile%20pic%20smoll%20tumblr
joined Sep 21, 2014

Shouldn't chapter 40 be placed in Volume 4?

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

So Umiko x Neneconfirmed and 'Aoba x Everyone' confirmed...

As Goddess intended.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Re minors drinking: The girls in Last Unifrom are light-weights, but it's definitely umeshu they're drinking.

Fetish%20notebook%20lsmol
joined May 20, 2013

Hifumin, you precious doll you.

Untitled%203
joined Feb 3, 2013
  • Game Designers: "You get to move in the water, but you can't attack as tradeoff. This is a brillian idea"

• Players: "Oh, God! A fucking water level"

Hamansteam2
joined Jan 31, 2013

Could be worse... could be a sewer level!

--itou-chika-and-matsuoka-miu-ichigo-mashimaro-drawn-by-shinjiro--sample
joined Jan 1, 2014
  • Game Designers: "You get to move in the water, but you can't attack as tradeoff. This is a brillian idea"

Im getting flashbacks to Zelda.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Oh come on, the water level in Amnesia was great! for viewers

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

CH 15 PG 31 IS THAT NOT A MAN?
well it could be a girl but you get the point ok? it has that tag on there

That aside, I do like having Umiko there, she's always so blunt and it makes me laugh XD

last edited at Jan 31, 2017 2:43AM

Commandershepard13
1071350_639308102760295_1399509523_o
joined Mar 24, 2014

Unless the game's free roam and has stealth elements, in which case water being a place where you are completely hidden (fish don't notice you unless you do something REALLY suspicious, enemies out of water don't notice you at all) and can still move but are unable to attack seems to be a good trade off.
Of course we have no examples of how this "murder stuffed animals and wear their skins" game actually plays beyond that description so it all irrelevant in the end. For all we know they could be the best damned water levels ever, though I doubt that's saying much.

last edited at Jan 31, 2017 6:01AM

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

Unless the game's free roam and has stealth elements, in which case water being a place where you are completely hidden (fish don't notice you unless you do something REALLY suspicious, enemies out of water don't notice you at all) and can still move but are unable to attack seems to be a good trade off.
Of course we have no examples of how this "murder stuffed animals and wear their skins" game actually plays beyond that description so it all irrelevant in the end. For all we know they could be the best damned water levels ever, though I doubt that's saying much.

A game where you get a fish or dolphin outfit and swim around would be great, honestly.

joined May 23, 2015

To be fair, the water level was already there. She was just in charge of making it interesting.

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

Even though yuri is exit here. This anime showed me that making game is not as much fun i thought it would be.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Not being able to attack while underwater? That's a terrible idea. It's a power up, you don't need any trade-offs.

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

Not being able to attack while underwater? That's a terrible idea. It's a power up, you don't need any trade-offs.

Not necessary a power-up and even so adding a trade-off usually helps balance things out. As for not being able to attack, considering that game seems to be favoring infiltration over fighting, I don't really see an issue there, though it'd depend on how exactly the whole underwater part play out.

Together_forever
joined Jul 6, 2013

Not necessary a power-up and even so adding a trade-off usually helps balance things out. As for not being able to attack, considering that game seems to be favoring infiltration over fighting, I don't really see an issue there, though it'd depend on how exactly the whole underwater part play out.

I guess it could work in a Donkey Kong Country way. In fact, now that I think about it, the thing about being able to attack while in human form but not when in fish form would be the complete opposite of that game.

Sk_fb
joined Feb 17, 2013

Are we sure that's not a April Fools thing? lol

Also, this....

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/04/01/new-game-gets-a-jrpg-makeover-for-april-fools-day

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 7:57PM

joined Mar 22, 2017

Are we sure that's not a April Fools thing? lol

Also, this....

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2017/04/01/new-game-gets-a-jrpg-makeover-for-april-fools-day

Nope I already double check that.
Also at the time I post that thing yesterday Japan is already 2 April

After they said that RPG makeover is a prank at 2 Apr (Japan Time) they instantly give a REAL season 2 Key Visual pls go and take a look. They are some surprise there. XD

last edited at Apr 1, 2017 11:41PM

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

In honor of the new season, this is my take on their status:

Yuri or Yuri crush:
Director - Lesbian or bisexual, sexually attracted to all or most of the girls that work under her. Yuri crush on Umiko, mainly because she likes hard-to-get girls and tomboys, and is acting like Umiko is some manga tsundere. Shizuku Hazuki.
Rin - Lesbian, in love with Yagami Kou, period. Fed up with Kou, but it's her fault for not confessing. Has noticed Aoba's crush on Kou.
Hifumi - Lesbian or bisexual, with an obvious yuri crush on Aoba.

Subtext, Probable, or Subtext-crush
Kou - Probable L or B, but too workaholic to care. Is not discouraging Rin and is not helping her confess. Likes Aoba's attention (practically worship, frankly). Is clearly not ready for a committed full-time relationship and that's probably why she doesn't make herself aware of Rin's full feelings. Realizes she's beautiful and is not ashamed of showing her body at all. Rin scolds her out of modesty, but Kou realizes there's a component of possessiveness too.
Nene - Probable L or B, subtext-crush on Umiko. Has a romantic two-girl friendship with Aoba.
Aoba - Probable L or B. Subtext crush on Kou. Romantic two-girl friendship with Nene. Is not discouraging Hifumi.
Umiko - Very inhibited, aware of Nene's subtext crush on her, not discouraging it, nor trying to channel it into mentor/mentee sempai/kouhai or work friend or even friend direction - just letting it develop. Very aware of Director's constant desire to sleep with her, and she discourages it actively. Director treats it as playing hard to get and assumes if she's patient, some day (maybe after a drinking party) Umiko will give it up.

Not at the level of subtext:

Hajime - Not very sexual, either straight, bi or lesbian. The other girls all notice her enormous breasts, given she jumps around and waves them all the time. Probably innocent to most or all of the subtext and yuri around her.

Yun - A lot more aware, and since she keeps to herself she may have a subtext interest in Hajime covered up by bickering, and jealousy over Hajime's body. She also might be interested in Hifumi or Aoba. But she does keep everything to herself. You have to infer it from things she says sometimes and the way she says them.

Wako and Momoki: no idea.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/564x/27/1b/f9/271bf92a3cd1f1105de8bd60dc5404cf.jpg

Hotaru (lower left) and Chinatsu (upper left): Possible crush at least from student to teacher, if not both ways.

F4x-3lwx0aa0tcu31
joined Apr 20, 2013

I was wondering what's the current status of the raws (how many chapters were released in Japan so far) but with the upcoming S2, we'll probably cover all of the material translated so far and lots of stuff that no one has seen... I don't think there's enough for a s3 but the student days of Aoba and Nene will take like 3 or 4 chapters... I would prefer if those were released as especial/ovas

Also

last edited at May 22, 2017 2:06AM

joined Mar 22, 2017

I was wondering what's the current status of the raws (how many chapters were released in Japan so far) but with the upcoming S2, we'll probably cover all of the material translated so far and lots of stuff that no one has seen... I don't think there's enough for a s3 but the student days of Aoba and Nene will take like 3 or 4 chapters... I would prefer if those were released as especial/ovas

I going to say the fact that NewGame! is first published in "Manga Time Kirara Carat" Magazine before it's sold in the form that we read currently, Current status of Manga is 5 Volume and Volume 6 will be sold in Japan at June 27 but Current status of magazine is more than that (at least 1-2 Volume ahead) cuz I already buy and read whole entire volume 4 (imported) in Japanese language (It's kinda shame that NewGame never official translated into any other language cuz I can't read Japanese!) so I just simply judge storyline by picture.

In my personal opinion I didn't expect 2 people to come this fast (the two that most of us never seen yet) also if Doki doesn't cover entire volume 4 in 2 -3 month I think we will absolutely pass chapter 41, if this SS have 12 ep it will be really hard that spin-off will be animated, I also prefer them as OVA.

P.S. Current Magazine publish speed is 1 chapter per month so I think we still have a hope for SS3 if they don't rush thing too much this season.
P.S. Sorry for my English cuz my grammar sucks

last edited at Jun 7, 2017 9:27AM

joined Mar 22, 2017

About who want to know about the rest of Volume 4 (Just a little)
SPOILER ALERT!
Read as your own risk. Seriously.
Entire Volume 4 still no Tsubame and Momiji (I think I found 1 frame but I not sure)
Nene try really hard to improve her programming skill and finally join Eagle Jump at the end of volume
Hifumi and Kou have conversation that make Rin jelly! (New Ship?)
In the past Yun and Hajime appearance is not like we see now

last edited at May 22, 2017 5:44AM

Goggled Anon
Stardusttelepath8
joined Oct 15, 2014

Hotaru does appear in the main manga, so I don't think they'll be adapting the Spinoff stuff just yet.

To reply you must either login or sign up.