Forum › Strange Babies discussion

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

The series picks up directly where that story left off,

There's a sequel chapter to Black Yaggy that comes before Strange Babies.

joined Aug 11, 2014

Wait, there is? What's it called?

Also, lol at me getting so confused by canon that I lost track of how many chapters there've been. I even looked back at the series page several times while writing, so I don't even know how I thought we were on chapter four and not chapter three.

513ovydfscl
Divulge Scans
joined Jun 17, 2014

Wait, there is? What's it called?

Also, lol at me getting so confused by canon that I lost track of how many chapters there've been. I even looked back at the series page several times while writing, so I don't even know how I thought we were on chapter four and not chapter three.

劇薬まどれーぬとブラックヤギー (Medicine Sweet and Black Yaggy, etc.). It's in the Black Yaggy tank, but hasn't been translated.

Dorothree
joined Dec 14, 2015

I usually don't leave comments in any series or chapter that I've read even if it makes me cry, makes me angry, or literally kills me. But seriously ¿WTF?

joined Jan 8, 2014

y'all acting like love triangles and rectangles don't ALWAYS happen in manga ....just accept the plot device already!!

what I can't stand is the absolute oblivious MC...like really!!!?? and the goat gives out advice for her viewers !!! :O !!!!

sigh I did a re-read and maybe in the prequel, they didn't actually kiss?? but then that doesn't make sense, so clearly the series is infact a spin-off of the "prequel" .... or something :P
will just have to give it a few chapters and then it'll work out right....right!? meanwhile enjoy the wonders of angst, and i'll hope it doesn't end when they makeup and actually continues on after the confession <3 ^_^

Capture
joined Mar 26, 2016

Oooooooh, MC is such a dumbass, I still like her a lot though, hahaha. I felt so guilty cause I was rooting for Mado-chan but I squealed when the girl kissed her on the cheek. Ughh

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

It would be neat if the two left out girls started dating (or pretended to).

That would eventually open the eyes of the two "lovebirds"

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 1:42AM

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I feel the criticisms of the series as a whole, and of Yagi as a complete idiot are very unfair. First of all, in the original story, you see them appear to be about to kiss, but it's kept ambiguous as to whether they do and whether they are a couple. This sequel resolves that ambiguity and reveals they did not and are not; that's all there is to it. With that in mind, Yagi's behavior is understandable. She clearly likes Mado, but can't accept that Mado likes her back due to poor self esteem, so she decides to give another girl a chance. I've seen several of my friends in real life do this, it's not always a bad or stupid idea to date someone who's really into you when you already have a crush. Personally, while I'm eager to see Yagi and Mado end up together, I don't see every obstacle along the way as a writing flaw.

Etult87ueaawqbz_%20(2)
joined Oct 15, 2016

I feel the criticisms of the series as a whole, and of Yagi as a complete idiot are very unfair. First of all, in the original story, you see them appear to be about to kiss, but it's kept ambiguous as to whether they do and whether they are a couple. This sequel resolves that ambiguity and reveals they did not and are not; that's all there is to it. With that in mind, Yagi's behavior is understandable. She clearly likes Mado, but can't accept that Mado likes her back due to poor self esteem, so she decides to give another girl a chance. I've seen several of my friends in real life do this, it's not always a bad or stupid idea to date someone who's really into you when you already have a crush. Personally, while I'm eager to see Yagi and Mado end up together, I don't see every obstacle along the way as a writing flaw.

Totally agree with you. Yeah, Yagi might seem like an idiot at first, but if you see how little she thinks of herself, you'll understand why she needs things spelled out and why she never saw Madoka as her lover. Since shortie is way too straight forward with her feelings for her, she decides to give her a chance, even though we see how much she really likes Madoka during the "date."

Anyways, i like how the story is going atm, its cute and it has that right amount of drama that i like in yuri. It also helps a lot that the art is nice too.

last edited at Jan 30, 2017 4:08AM

Abiprof
joined Feb 24, 2012

I don't think we're supposed to consider the one-shot to be on the same timeline as the series. The series does use some panels from it, but if you only use the information presented in the series itself it makes sense. "together online and in real life" is very probably just as friends. I imagine they wanted to do the same characters as in the series but not cover the same ground as the one-shot.

Non-messed%20up%20face
joined Jan 18, 2016

I don't think we're supposed to consider the one-shot to be on the same timeline as the series.

Exactly why not? So far as I can tell this series retcons the ending of the one shot but doesn't contradict it.

Makasete
joined Sep 21, 2016

not like this

joined Mar 6, 2015

Yagi, you were so obvious with your feelings. Why???? I am very confused rn

joined Feb 18, 2015

It really seems like the author wrote the one shot, then totally backed off on the relationship for the serialization or something. In any event, it is obvious that the MC is still totally in love with Mado-chan, since she can't seem to think of anything else while she is out on a date with her "girlfriend". One wonders how long it will be before she realizes this and tells the girl she needs to break up with her? Or how long it is before Mado-chan speaks up and tells her how she feels for real instead of saying things in cryptic ways that don't get through to oblivious dolts?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

I'm not unhappy because she said yes, I'm actually happy because it is realistic. If someone like Yagi get confessed of course she will say yes. Mado didn't say anything to her so if you look from Yagi's eyes her love won't be returned and a cute girl came and she said she loves you. Damn right you gonna say yes. I'm unhappy that one-shot went waste. Maybe something happened in that untranslated chapter. Like they didn't do anything because got embrassed and left there.

Mostly%20sunny
joined Oct 26, 2016

Don't speak up, and your girl gets stolen.
Those without initiative are doomed to fail.
Valuable lesson.

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Don't speak up, and your girl gets stolen.
Those without initiative are doomed to fail.
Valuable lesson.

Grim words for such a beautiful sky

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

ahhhhh this series went downhill so so quick

I feel like theyre trying to rush the plot along and why MC agreed to date this new girl completely baffles me. They really should've just stuck to the oneshot where it concluded with the two mains being together except now lol theyre actually just friends and don't understand their feelings yet.

it all just feels very rushed and forced together, I only read about half of this chapter and then gave up

When this became a series, the author should've either continued on from the one shot or just started fresh and left the two mains ending more platonic with a hint of more to come, because doing it this way feels far more confusing and a kind of like its something that the authors quickly hashed together

Man that dense gurl really doesn't know about love and just falls for lovely comments a cute gurl makes! I can see somewhere deep in her she truly loves Mado-chan but right now i think she's too full of thoughts to understand anything... -_-'

joined Jun 22, 2015

I don't think we're supposed to consider the one-shot to be on the same timeline as the series.

Exactly why not? So far as I can tell this series retcons the ending of the one shot but doesn't contradict it.

"Retcons the ending of the one shot". Are you sure ? Then TO WHAT fangirl is reacting like that ? http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/strange_babies_ch01

And that suggests her NTR-like actions to be intentional, malicious (Informing Mado this chapter).

joined Sep 20, 2016

I still can't get over how Yagi started groping Mado in the 2nd chapter to "make her feel better" instead of...I don't know, asking what's bothering her like a normal person. Also, just because something is plausible in real life doesn't make it good writing. I feel like Yagi's only defining characters are her crippling self-hatred and obliviousness, and those traits are not exactly warming me up to her. Especially when they are used as a plot device to enable a clichéd love quadrangle.

last edited at Feb 11, 2017 2:28AM

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

NOOOOOO this hasn't been updated in almost a year....at least I'm reading this pretty late and I'll have to wait less

riverFlower Uploader
The Golden Orchid
joined Jan 19, 2017

What @themusicman500 said seems to be true. I assumed they kissed, but it really is never shown. So all of my what the fuck moments have been cleared up. The first time anybody has showed so much interest in her, of course Yagi goes with it. She's an idiot and I'd never want to fall in love with somebody like her, but I can't fault her for it too much either.

Ohsawa is way too good, or alternatively way too interested in showing human fallibility in love. They're interesting. I'm going to need to locate non-angst works though to counterbalance all this angst. Never thought I would run into this situation when I'm usually getting impatient with too many fluff stories. XD

joined Nov 26, 2017

I just started reading it now, geez I am 1year late.

joined Apr 1, 2017

Sure has been a while since we had this. And it seems like it answers the question of why the main pair's relationship seemed to have reset. Seeing as how Mado this chapter expressed that she believed their feelings were mutual, that kiss must have happened so its obvious that something got lost in translation.

To reply you must either login or sign up.