Forum › Strange Babies discussion

2641afdd-9dc4-4327-a1c3-a5b558c33522
joined Mar 12, 2014

Well... Yagi is definitely a harem protag. because she is OBLIVIOUS.

Also I'm a bit disappointed. I liked this author because I found their works intriguing and different from other typical yuri works. But it seems they fall into the same traps too. Oh well.

Yeah, I was really excited for more of this because it was so silly, but then it got silly without being funny. Yagi was not this dumb in the first chapter and it all now feels really OOC. Plus I thought Yagi and Madoka were already going out?? So really bizarre for Yagi to now be like "lemme ask Mado what to do! omg what you have another headache??"

The girl who has a big thing for Yagi got irritating, especially when she did the whole guilt trip confession, wtf. Can't remember what her friend is called, but she still seems cool.

I agree though that this is tailing off into the same old plot lines, a bit disappointing I was expecting new things! Looks like it's just gonna be another "MC is dumb" kind of story

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

Orangey posted:

Can't remember what her friend is called, but she still seems cool.

Pretty sure you're talking about Alice. Dunno why but it's a name that really sticks in my head, lol.

joined Apr 30, 2014

She's quite dense huh.

Jackavi
joined Feb 23, 2014

She got even more retarded, how is this possible, what the fuck.

I know im reacting rather violently to this but the first chapter was great and now this quality drop and characterisation killing is really just...

joined Jun 12, 2015

And Yagi agreed to date her. Too bad Osawa completely ditched the plot from "Black Goat and the Powerful Drug Madeleine."

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 4:18PM

2x2-shinobuden-m001
joined Dec 14, 2014

Is the ending of this chapter really that she still had doubts and remembered her moments with Mado-chan but then the surprise kiss has her smitten? I don't know why, but this really gets my goat. Yagi can go jump into a lake for all I care.

e: edit for lame pun

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 4:39PM

Capture%20_2018-03-05-21-59-51~2_resized
joined Apr 28, 2016

I can't handle this much romantic obliviousness in a single story.

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 4:46PM

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

And Yagi agreed to date her. Too bad Osawa completely ditched the plot from "Black Goat and the Powerful Drug Madeleine."

Yeah yeah yeah yeah so true. Didn't they kissed or am I remembering wrong?

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

Yes yes they kissed

joined Jul 31, 2013

Read this chapter without rereading the others. Boy was that a mistake.

Yuu
joined Mar 28, 2015

So, this plays as a love square;

Well, everyone can see where this will be going. The road to there will just be full of drama and angst.

joined Jun 14, 2013

This is now officially stupid. Shit ass manga lol

Chinatsu%202
joined Jan 27, 2016

My suspension of disbelief can't survive this ridiculous degree of obliviousness. I'm out.

joined Jan 14, 2015

The chapters after the initial one shot act like the kiss never happened, or that she's just that dense. It's confusing.

joined Apr 15, 2013

Dammit it, Goat Woman.

Tmp_bh7jrkjcyaakw52-1123006053
joined Apr 15, 2011

So, this plays as a love square;

Well, everyone can see where this will be going. The road to there will just be full of drama and angst.

*sigh* all because Yagi doesn't really understand what it means to be in love (read: she is pretty dense about her own feelings and those of Madeleines')

so it's going to be forced angst and draaaaamma for a bunch of chapters. oh yippy ki yo!
</rant>

but on the upside, there will be more chapters, so we get to see how wierded out each of the couples get until they get the acts together :-)

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 5:28PM

Screenshot_2016-12-27-13-58-01-1
joined Mar 23, 2014

WTF. I got so pissed at Yagi after she accepted the other girl I just skipped the last half of the chapter. I'm just gonna pretend none of this exist and reread the oneshot instead

Dynasty%20necromancer
joined Mar 6, 2014

Excuse me, what the fuck just happened?
And where is the goat?

Untitled%20design
joined Jul 13, 2016

dafuq is this? Looks like someone wants to do it the citrus way ._.

Large
joined Jun 4, 2012

nooooooooooooooooooooooooo don't start aaangst plz :<

joined Nov 17, 2016

wtf...yuri quadrangular-love with 2 dummy girls?
maybe with a bit of ntr?

fortunately it's short...I couldn't bear it if it was too long ... the ntr just give me a strong feeling of disgust.

Untitle435ed34qwrqwd
joined May 15, 2014

what is the author thinking?! this makes no sense.

Sayaka_ava
joined Nov 23, 2014

The chapter kind of made my head hurt, but then I read the comments here and had a good chuckle so I suppose it is not all bad.

joined Aug 11, 2014

This whole half-canon thing with the oneshot is really confusing. Black Yagi and Powerful Etcetera ended with them pretty undeniably in a relationship. There were confessions and tears and kisses all round. The series picks up directly where that story left off, to the point of using actual frames from the oneshot in the recap, and Yagi describes herself and Mado as being "together both online and in real life", which is 300% consistent with the fact that they started their real-life relationship on a livestream. At that point, there's literally nothing to suggest that the series has diverged in any way from the ending of the oneshot, and it does everything to imply that it's a direct sequel.

Over the next three chapters, that started to seem a little uncertain, since they certainly didn't seem to act like they were in a relationship, but there was nothing conclusive until chapter four, which makes no sense at all unless they're in some kind of alternate timeline where Yagi presumably never felt tortured enough by internet assholes to have the crisis that led to them confirming their feelings for one another.

But even then, I still don't know if that's what the author is trying to do, because silently retconning the entire finale of the oneshot and then giving zero indication of what happened instead is just as bizarre as if Yagi really DID have a tearful makeout with Mado and then just kept on thinking they were regular friends! I can't figure out which is more likely to have happened because they're both such fucking weird choices for the author to make that neither of them makes any more sense than the other, and I can't find anything in the story to give me a strong hint!

Is Yagi really just supernaturally dense? Did the kiss never happen? Is this actually a story about a heartbroken Yagi from another world mastering genuine black magic and using it to meld all possible timelines together in an attempt to get another chance with Mado after striking out with her in the original universe, and all the weirdness we're seeing is actually leading up to a huge reveal where we find out that Mado is from the prequel where they made out and Yagi is from another world where they didn't? Who knows! I sure as hell don't!

last edited at Jan 29, 2017 8:39PM

Heihtzz
joined Oct 16, 2016

This timeline is harder to follow than Homestuck's.

To reply you must either login or sign up.