Forum › Hot Gaze in the Cold Weather discussion

joined Sep 15, 2013

Kind of an empty story

Screen%20shot%202022-12-24%20at%201.57.08%20am
joined Jun 11, 2016

^ I agree, It kind of felt boring. It kind of lacks substance y'know.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

I dunno, there was something about it that I liked. I'm not sure if it actually had subtext, or if there was any of the backstory it hinted at, but it sort of gave the impression. It makes me wonder if there's more that might dig a little deeper and go a little farther.

Nezchan Moderator
Meiling%20bun%20150px
joined Jun 28, 2012

It's not exactly content-rich, but I'm actually fine with that. The focus seems to be on the feeling, rather than the plot.

Kayo
joined Sep 9, 2016

A sparkling golden light glittering in the snow.

Don't eat the yellow snow!

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 4:05PM

joined Sep 15, 2013

It's not exactly content-rich, but I'm actually fine with that. The focus seems to be on the feeling, rather than the plot.

And usually those kind of stories are pretty much my jam, however... this time around the actions of both the main characters seemed so random, that without giving us any kind of extra information about this world their actions basically felt detached of any emotional heft, maybe i am having a bad day and going too much into a fluff piece but yeah its what i felt about this work...which isn't usually the case with this author's work. Maybe there is a sequel.

joined Jun 12, 2015

I felt nothing while reading this. Empty story.

Perfect_human
joined Jan 16, 2017

This needs closure asap

joined Aug 11, 2014

"This was a decent omake about what the love interest went through when she briefly ran away from all the drama in Tokyo. It's nice to get a look at what happened to her over there, since she comes back so much stronger than when she left, but to be honest, it still ended up feeling a little lacklustre.

It reinforces the whole theme the main story has of facing your problems instead of running from them, and it kinda explores the mindset of all those useless friend characters in Tokyo who never bothered to do anything before it was too late, but it didn't really add much to the story, either? I really wanted to see what gave her the conviction to come back and save the protagonist in her time of need, but I guess she just got bored. Maybe all she needed was some time to think? IDK. This random bus girl sure wasn't the reason. Bit of a missed opportunity, really."
-A tattered note that was found attached to this single chapter, discovered in the aftermath of the transdimensional wormhole incident. Once the accompanying series it describes was not found to exist, many speculated that it must prove the existence of yuri in the mirror dimension, arguing that the story was far too ambiguous to exist as a standalone work, especially when it indicated a much more interesting story happening elsewhere. Others suggest it's a relic from the future, and that the real story simply hasn't been written yet. The theory that it's just a mild little oneshot about reaching out to people instead of isolating them behind rumours and peer pressure, and that it's not an artefact from another world at all, has proven highly controversial, and raises questions of why anyone would write a fake description of a manga that doesn't exist in the first place.

last edited at Jan 27, 2017 7:25PM

Nws
joined Jul 1, 2014

I liked it alot, both the mood and the girls. I might be biased though since I just seem to love all of Momono's works.

Xxx
joined Nov 25, 2016

Huh, I think this is pretty nice. That peaceful feeling and getting a friend like you hope. Readers need more insight on the protagonist's feeling, but it's pretty good for me.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Awww :<

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

This needs closure asap

It technically did have closure, since she said she'll be coming back on Golden Week but not knowing if they get into a romantic relationship is pretty unsatisfying

Image62
joined Feb 28, 2015

So something did happen at Tokyo. Hope not something het

joined Sep 2, 2015

Even though the story was kind of empty I liked it. The author took the time to focus on the ideals instead of the plot which is refreshing once in awhile.

As said previous its more about facing your problems and facing life, then their relationship and why they made their actions.

Optimism

joined Sep 28, 2016

Huh, I think this is pretty nice. That peaceful feeling and getting a friend like you hope. Readers need more insight on the protagonist's feeling, but it's pretty good for me.

God damn it, I can't find the upvote button >:(

Tsubasa
joined Aug 22, 2016

agree. sharing bus together is not enough to understand why their feeling like that.

last edited at Feb 1, 2017 7:15PM

Img-20190201-wa0005
joined Sep 21, 2015

She was an Idol, she got harassed for who knows what (or maybe the stress was too much) and run to the countryside.. that's all.
The country girl got interested and wanted to be her friend, but she was shy, a coward, because she didn't know if she would be accepted (Blondie was all alone cause she looked like a 'delinquent')... Then after the bus incident, she gathers the courage and approaches her, and when she realized she was a good and friendly girl all along she feels guilty, and she hates that she didn't approach her before.. at least that's why I think she was crying.

Like.. you see a girl isolated in class and you tell yourself and your classmates that you can't know how she is if you don't try and talk to her, but you never gather the courage to do it yourself.. it happens to me too a lot, and it feels frustrating as hell, and if that girl would actually end up being kind and all I would want to punch myself for leaving such a person alone.

last edited at Apr 27, 2018 1:59AM

Kinchan%20drawing%20maru%20%20dfhgsdhfsdhgsdf%20i%20lov%20e
joined Dec 21, 2015

Yea, I agree. It makes this one shot feel really charming to me in that regard.

To reply you must either login or sign up.