Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

Best Mangaka Rohan
25dfc3e30a88f17394a8d2037430b766
joined Dec 13, 2016

This atory is really cute. Nice to see her being so open about her relationship.

Lol and that last line being happy about past yourself to do a forced kiss? That girl is really something, lol!!!

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

She's also forgetting stuff that she did before the three-year window. Like, seriously, how do you forget how to kiss?

BUT! That's needless nitpicking, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread, this is "comedy amnesia", not anything approaching real amnesia. So I just roll with all the fluffy happiness instead of trying to figure out exactly how her amnesia is supposed to work. Because that way lies madness.

If those last three years was her only experience at love, then her, forgetting how to kiss is sensible. I mean, we all don't learn how to unless we experience it, and this applies for everything.

I was going to say that no, if she knew how to kiss before she got into the relationship then she still should . . . but actually, I'm not sure her amnesia is supposed to be just about the time period of the relationship. Like, do we know if she even knows her parents?
I don't think real amnesia normally touches skills. Different part/s of the brain; you'd know them, you just wouldn't know why you knew them. But even so, she could still be a great kisser but be hesitant because she no longer knows she's a great kisser. (And boy will she be happy when she finds out!)
Her amnesia is still pretty ridiculous, mind you. I'm just saying that particular incident probably isn't technically any more ridiculous than average.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

So . . . did anyone else see her imagined scenario where she's domming her GF and think "I'd be fine if it went this way"?

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

So . . . did anyone else see her imagined scenario where she's domming her GF and think "I'd be fine if it went this way"?

Dat martini, tho.

Download_20181110_194445-1-1
joined Feb 12, 2016

When you in class and got nothing to do ----> so i started reading this manga and it made me smile and laugh none stop teacher was looking at me and asked "what are you doing" with a huge grin on my face i said nothing cuz i couldn't hold in my smile :) really like this manga

Love how the characters are straight forward and fun like its so enjoyable
I'm basically doing that right now

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

Mari was her first girlfriend? Never kissed anybody before that? Never saw anybody being kissed before she kissed Mari? Never saw a movie with kissing in it before her amnesia?

Like I say, it defies rational analysis. Which is why I don't bother trying to rationally analyze it.

Yes I got the impression Mari is her first relationship - they are only in their early 20's - it.s not that uncommon.

And seeing people kiss in movies or life is not the same as doing it yourself. If you watch someone ride a bike it doesn't mean you can.

And sure anyone can mash their lips to someones - she doesn't literally mean she doesn't know the basic Mechanics of kissing - she means since she has forgotten her past kisses she has forgot her skill in it - lacks the confidence and worries she would be bad at it, and it makes her nervous to have basically her first kiss again.

Moe-chro-tw10
joined May 26, 2012

I was going to say that no, if she knew how to kiss before she got into the relationship then she still should . . . but actually, I'm not sure her amnesia is supposed to be just about the time period of the relationship. Like, do we know if she even knows her parents?

Loss of three years, relationship was two years. Seems to at least know her own mother since she's mentioned a few times.

5b3c524e-e066-4eaf-8e5f-ae4e37b5edda
joined Jan 18, 2016

A kiss like that doesn't sound bad

'
joined Oct 5, 2016

I love this! The picture on Arisa's phone was super adorable!

joined Jan 16, 2016

whats the source of the pic on the credits page? i remember seeing it before but i cant find it again

76047650-352-k633682
joined Jul 17, 2015

This series is the perfect balance of adorable fluffiness and interesting, entertaining characters with great chemistry.

Z%20ss
joined Oct 15, 2013

wish there were more yuri mangas with this kind of play

Capture
joined Dec 12, 2016

I will take every opportunity I get to plug Sunstone. Not a manga but it's just too damn good to miss.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

I'm working on it.

Doctoraaaaaa
joined Apr 14, 2015

I will take every opportunity I get to plug Sunstone. Not a manga but it's just too damn good to miss.
yeah, better BDMS related(to put it mildly) love story that I ever read, plus the art

Roomfortwo
joined Feb 11, 2014

C'mon, Arisa, the answer to "do what to you ?" is obvious. Repeat after me : "do the last thing you did to me before I got amnesia."

Mari really feel like an useless girfriend if she can't even figure out what Arisa enjoyed and still need someone to spell it out to her. :/

joined Jul 8, 2014

yeah, better BDMS related(to put it mildly) love story that I ever read, plus the art

Well at least on here we are used to waiting for releases sometimes years between single chapter. Also it's good that the Sunstone portion of the story is over because the wait on strip updates can be excruciating with Sunstone. Still Mercy looks like it will be a blast as well.

DR2 Hajime Hinata
Image_2023-07-05_193410907
joined Jul 20, 2016

Yay! this got a continuation instead of being a one shot

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Mari will have to adjust to being in a two-neko relationship for a while. I think Arisa is a virgin who's never been kissed, a few years younger than Mari, and reallly looks up to her cool sempai. She'll have to be content with the other parts of Arisa that are lovable, especially her boundless enthusiasm for life, and her absolute honesty. Though Mari is completely honest, too. They both communicate pretty well, Arisa holds back a bit, but this manga really stands out for the honesty of their communication.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

Also, I want to repeat that the depiction of retrograde amnesia here isn't fake at all, just rare. Most cases even of amnesia that covers a period of 3 or more years they gradually recover some memories, and often most. It is the case, though, that the longer-period retrograde amnesia has more to recover and therefore is less likely to recover it all. So Arisa won't be restored to her old self, the long time it takes to recover about a third or so of her memory, which is all she'd be likely to get back, will be interspersed with new memories. They've even had overnight recoveries of most of the memories like in Watashi no Taisetsu na Tomodachi, but that's not the norm.

Marion Diabolito
joined Jan 5, 2015

I like amnesia stories where it's not like a magic spell, and Taisetsu na Tomodachi would have been much better if Tachibana never got her memories back, so her essay about being replaced by an alien would have been more obviously a metaphor. This one and Blank are more my style that way.

B933598c19c7239dfee92c4aa27f0678
joined Mar 1, 2016

whats the source of the pic on the credits page? i remember seeing it before but i cant find it again

I'm pretty sure its from this one-shot http://dynasty-scans.com/chapters/company_girls by the same author

Download%20(11)
joined Jan 27, 2016

Fuck I need more that's not enough

This
joined Jan 17, 2017

Funny >.<

joined Apr 16, 2013

couples in manga vs couples in real life.

http://imgur.com/a/zyZ6r

To reply you must either login or sign up.