Forum › Bright and Cheery Amnesia discussion

joined May 23, 2015

I can tell you that last month's chapter rocketed this from a series I really liked to my favorite ongoing series, and I am anxiously waiting for tomorrow for this month's chapter.

Severa%20icon
joined Sep 3, 2016

i'm glad to see this updated. it's so cute and positive and bubbly...

Ss%20(2016-01-19%20at%2001.51.36)%201
joined Aug 19, 2014

"We were both drunk, and you forcefully kissed me in the bathroom of a pub."

I love this series.

joined Feb 23, 2016

Ohhh poor girl xD

joined Sep 9, 2016

This is so damn good.

Today just got a whole lot better.

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 12:58AM

Kuvl_u-8
joined Nov 1, 2015

Jealous of herself xD

Keep diging in that phone, there is probably some sex pics or them in there :p

joined Jan 14, 2015

Arisa standing up to that guy was so sweet!

Your fucking avatar, though.

nods smugly

joined Dec 19, 2016

Well this is hilarious.

Purple Library Guy
Kare%20kano%20joker
joined Mar 3, 2013

Arisa standing up to that guy was so sweet!

I can't quite tell if she was standing up to him or getting him to dish pillow technique secrets.

59453ac1563a3102b9b5731298ad55a7
joined Aug 31, 2014

this just keeps getting better, im loving it <3

Gumi%203
joined May 7, 2016

very cute, very good,

Img_2639
joined Nov 25, 2016

Aahhhh! Adorable! <33

(Also, Mari reminds me of Jaehee from Mystic Messenger. My cutie pie.. >u<)

joined Jan 8, 2014

augh! every time I feel I need more of this series, it's so good!
im fully charged because of it lol :P

thanks for scantalating ^_^

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I really enjoy this series :) The art is great with good character design, too, and great dialogue.
It is sweet and funny, and yet despite being mainly a comedy their relationship and the stuff happening all feel realistic and natural :)

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 4:45AM

Screen%20shot%202016-04-20%20at%207.35.18%20am
joined Dec 20, 2015

Aaaaaahhhhhh! I love this series so much! X3

joined Sep 15, 2013

A new chapter of this manga, a new chapter of their story a new episode of supergirl, this week has given me so much cuteness to gawk at, fucking fantasatic

Marion Diabolito
Dynsaty%20scans%20avatar%20from%20twgokhs
joined Jan 5, 2015

Retrograde amnesia is as real as anterograde, just a little less common. Also, the long-term retrograde is much less common than the retrograde that is near the trauma, if there's a trauma. Most of the time, people don't even think about very short-duration retrograde amnesia as being that, but it is. Ribot's Law (if my memory serves, curse you amnesia!) says that not only are the memories of the trauma the likeliest to go, but it drops off as you get further in time from the trauma. like it'd be likelier that you forgot the trauma and the day before than that you forgot the trauma and the week before. So three years is a less than one in a million event but certainly possible.

also, no idea what caused Arisa's r.a. but quite often it's temporarily graded and you do recover memories (ala Watashi no Taisetsu na Tomodachi) though not always (Blank).

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 5:12AM

Internet_lied
joined Jul 15, 2016

^ Honestly, I don't think the author gave the medical conditions much thought, and used r.a. as a plot device to humorously explore the theme of romantic and sexual attraction being a result of inherent individual traits, rather than of shared experience (basically, the idea of destined soulmates). I do admit that it's fun to theorize, however. :-)

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 5:26AM

St1
joined Feb 17, 2013

I wonder if her personality has changed since the accident?

She used to be the 'top' but we learned Arisa first kissed Mari when she was drunk - so maybe she was the same as she is now - she just needs to get over that first time, and then her natural enthusiasm will kick in and she will be taking the lead all the time again.

Not so much that she is a dominant sort - she might be quite shy - just she is very enthusiastic. OR maybe before the accident she WAS a lot more dominant and confident and less shy? I know brain damage can totally alter your personality.

joined Apr 26, 2014

More!!!!!!

9020bea3a3cd0354c95399402120ae64
joined May 19, 2016

When you in class and got nothing to do ----> so i started reading this manga and it made me smile and laugh none stop teacher was looking at me and asked "what are you doing" with a huge grin on my face i said nothing cuz i couldn't hold in my smile :) really like this manga

Love how the characters are straight forward and fun like its so enjoyable

last edited at Jan 26, 2017 10:09AM

Alice Cheshire Moderator
Dynasty_misc015
joined Nov 7, 2014

elevown posted:

I wonder if her personality has changed since the accident?

She used to be the 'top' but we learned Arisa first kissed Mari when she was drunk - so maybe she was the same as she is now - she just needs to get over that first time, and then her natural enthusiasm will kick in and she will be taking the lead all the time again.

Not so much that she is a dominant sort - she might be quite shy - just she is very enthusiastic. OR maybe before the accident she WAS a lot more dominant and confident and less shy? I know brain damage can totally alter your personality.

It hasn't been spelled right out yet but it's been pretty clearly hinted that the differences between then and now is entirely a matter of experience. Most notably that she's now lacking three years worth of experience that she previously had. Not a difference of personality at all.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

She's also forgetting stuff that she did before the three-year window. Like, seriously, how do you forget how to kiss?

BUT! That's needless nitpicking, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread, this is "comedy amnesia", not anything approaching real amnesia. So I just roll with all the fluffy happiness instead of trying to figure out exactly how her amnesia is supposed to work. Because that way lies madness.

Dnasty
joined May 14, 2013

She's also forgetting stuff that she did before the three-year window. Like, seriously, how do you forget how to kiss?

BUT! That's needless nitpicking, and as I pointed out earlier in the thread, this is "comedy amnesia", not anything approaching real amnesia. So I just roll with all the fluffy happiness instead of trying to figure out exactly how her amnesia is supposed to work. Because that way lies madness.

If those last three years was her only experience at love, then her, forgetting how to kiss is sensible. I mean, we all don't learn how to unless we experience it, and this applies for everything.

23519190_1784036034940610_3865802561690641399_n
joined Oct 4, 2016

Mari was her first girlfriend? Never kissed anybody before that? Never saw anybody being kissed before she kissed Mari? Never saw a movie with kissing in it before her amnesia?

Like I say, it defies rational analysis. Which is why I don't bother trying to rationally analyze it.

To reply you must either login or sign up.